Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Bush won't be pardoning his buddy

If dead is a new identity with millions of dollars living in Barbados, then this guy is dead.

Lay learns a trick from Elvis.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Yeah, Bushy can't pardon him if he's "dead."
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 07-05-2006, 09:47 PM

Sometimes in life a conspiracy really is a conspiracy.

Bush's #1 contributor goes off on a trip and dies of a heart attack.

It's just too dog gone convenient. If he's not a Super duper top VIP member of the "Witness Protection Program", then there aren't any candidates.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:09 PM

It's Not That Far Fetched...

Ho hum, nothing to see here… it's just another one of those watery Old Boy suicides that happen every once in a while. What is it about Washington GOP insiders like Philip Merrill that compels them to take to the water, then take their own lives? Perhaps the most famous military-industrial-intelligence-complex figure to pull an Ophelia was former CIA chief William Colby, who abandoned a half-cooked dinner to take a one-way canoe trip to Nowheresville, back in 1996. Prior to that, there was CIA/Watergate and JFK-assassination figure John Paisley, whose manner of death was almost a mirror duplicate of Merrill's. Both men took solo sailboat rides on Chesapeake Bay, tied anchors around their ankles, stood on the edge of their vessels, put both barrels of a shotgun into their mouths, then simultaneously blew their own heads off whilst deftly tipping themselves into the briny deep. Quite the pair of finishing flourishes, separated by nearly three decades, and yet still somehow connected via both men's nebulous dealings with the shadowy shenanigans of the Bush Crime Family. Merrill, for instance, was awarded the Medal for Distinguished Service by the Defense Department back in 1988. He also served as a high-ranking NATO appointee and, despite amassing an impressive personal fortune in the private sector, was known to take on sensitive diplomatic and intelligence assignments from time to time. In other words, he seems to have been the kind of guy who played hard ball, at a high level, for a long time. And look where it got him: the cold, dark bottom of Chesapeake Bay.

Do you hear the theme song to the Twilight Zone playing in the background?
Spooky, huh? By the way, it's easy to induce a heart attack, all it takes is to inject air into the bloodstream. A mechanic horsing around with an air hose managed to kill a coworker (heart failure) by 'goosing' him with a pressurized air hose. All it takes is a bubble of air in the bloodstream. G'bye!
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 07-05-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
So Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
If dead is a new identity with millions of dollars living in Barbados, then this guy is dead.

Lay learns a trick from Elvis.
It is so totally unsupportable and absurd to ever think that Bush would pardon Lay when it was his administration that went to great lengths to prosecute him and bring him to justice. There is NOW a long list of big business figures that Bush has successfully investigated and brought to trial with very successful prosecutions-----read jail time for big business cheaters.

We have to go back to Slick Willie to really see how a Presidential pardon can be BOUGHT. Check out the good old MARC RICH affair and see how Clinton was bought and paid for.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
...William Colby, who abandoned a half-cooked dinner to take a one-way canoe trip to Nowheresville, back in 1996. Prior to that, there was CIA/Watergate and JFK-assassination figure John Paisley, whose manner of death was almost a mirror duplicate of Merrill's. Both men took solo sailboat rides on Chesapeake Bay, tied anchors around their ankles, stood on the edge of their vessels, put both barrels of a shotgun into their mouths, then simultaneously blew their own heads off whilst deftly tipping themselves into the briny deep...
You would think that after 30 years the CIA could come up with a new "suicide" technique to use that would actually be believable by the public.

As for Kenny, I would look at the wife as the prime suspect. Since Hubby died before his sentencing, now she gets to hold on to the 43 million that was going to be collected from him since his conviction was erased at his death.
The civil suits will continue, but the battle just became harder and less likely to be successful since there is now no legal conviction against Lay.

The chances of any money coming out of the Lay's estate is slim to none. A last slap in the face to the millions of people that were screwed over by his greed.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 07-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Certified Porschephile

Forget reason Lee, there is too much tunnel vision around here. clinton sold his way out the door and hell-ary bought votes in her race, both reported by major media outlets, but because Ken Lay died, it's all a Bush conspiracy.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
Forget reason Lee, there is too much tunnel vision around here. clinton sold his way out the door and hell-ary bought votes in her race, both reported by major media outlets, but because Ken Lay died, it's all a Bush conspiracy.
So you are saying that the top contributor to Bush's campaign is awaiting sentencing, but leaves the convicting state on "Vacation". (???)

He then suddenly dies of a heart attack with absolutely no previous record of heart problems. Well.... some doctor is now saying he "may" have suffered a heart attack sometime earlier in his life, but there's no medical record of course.

I just know, if I had the clout, money, and friends Lay has built up over the years, and I had the inside of being the president's largest campaign contributor, I personally would leave the convicting state on vacation, and suddenly die of a heart attack.

You will find me and my exploded heart living in a hilltop villa in Brazil, drinking a Rum and Coke, and practicing my new signature of Roderick Jones. Or Brett Hill. Yeah, I like that one. I wonder if they let him choose his own name. I'm sure they did. That would be fun.

I mean, come on! It's not like his personal morals would make him refuse to do it. And it's not like our government doesn't already have a top of the line system in place to make it happen. He ain't dead! This isn't an Elvis conspiracy, and any of us with the clout would do it. The guy was about to get at least 30 years in prison. Albeit a country club prison, but still....Prison!!

He ain't dead, and I find it all very amusing.

Now those poor guys who lost their nest eggs need to secretly hunt him down and "give" him a heartattack, or at least blackmail the guy to get their nest eggs back.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:59 AM

And Afterthought.

Yeah, he has money hidden. I am about as middle as middle class goes, and if I can hide a few bucks from my wife (Who handles the bills), someone on the caliber of Lay can hide a few million. And a few million is all it takes for any of us.

I'm working on my 3rd million myself.

I gave up on the first and second million, and unless there's a miracle, I'm going to have to give up on this one, and start on the 4th.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Falling together nicely.

Conviction to be reversed

Old 07-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Civil Suits

Quote:
Falling together nicely.

Conviction to be reversed
It won't change any civil suits in progress or planned. And all of the evidence in the criminal case can be used in the civil cases. It will actually be easier to get money from the estate in civil cases than criminal.

As an after thought--would you rather be dead or in prison with at least a faint hope of getting out??

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-06-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
It won't change any civil suits in progress or planned. And all of the evidence in the criminal case can be used in the civil cases. It will actually be easier to get money from the estate in civil cases than criminal.

As an after thought--would you rather be dead or in prison with at least a faint hope of getting out??

Lee
I'd much rather be in Brazil with everyone thinking I'm dead.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Conspiracy??

Quote:
Are you seriously implying that you think there is a conspiracy????

Remember he DIED, not disappeared, and in a very public area a long ways from home where there MIGHT be some influence over facilities, doctors, etc.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-06-2006, 07:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
Quote:
nawww you don't want to go to brazil... mexico is funner
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 07-06-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Are you seriously implying that you think there is a conspiracy????

Remember he DIED, not disappeared, and in a very public area a long ways from home where there MIGHT be some influence over facilities, doctors, etc.

Lee
And why do you feel it isn't possible? Wasn't the timing of his death, and the subsequent elimination of the conviction a little convenient? If you were in charge of planning a witness protection style death, would you do it in the person's hometown?

Oh, wait a minute.... That's right. You are Lee. You still think Bush is wearing a halo.

Come on Lee. Saddam isn't the only diabolical in the world. We can actually have people who connive and conspire here in the U.S. Honestly! Wealthy and connected people can actually get things done that's illegal! This guy had seriously high government contacts. The president can run around saying he is merely an acquaintance all he wants to, but there is still the "highest campaign contributor", and all those golf rounds they had together to deal with.

You just have to admit, the timing of his death, and the now "horribly clogged" arteries they are reporting after no previous doctors, etc. is highly suspicious.

If he was a Kennedy, would you suspect something then?