Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania

Old 02-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
ECU remap, nitrous, & supercharger

I've been getting a lot of questions about the ecu remaps and supercharger kits we're developing for the svx. Just as a blanket answer to everyone, everything is on track and we'll have more info and production quantities available for sale soon. The production run of memory adaptors got put off because of the desire for nitrous oxide control which I thought sounded like a good idea and added on. New prototypes with nitrous control are being made now.

I'll have the before and after dyno plots for the ecu remap and the nitrous oxide kit posted in a couple of weeks.

Since i have all the important tables and constants in the svx's ecu data already mapped out and am familiar with them the tuning for the nismo 555 cc injectors and the supercharger won't be difficult I just have to get the brackets and tubing fabricated and over to mastro to run on the dyno.

Till then look for updates at http://www.ecutune.com
The pages with the product information and dyno plots will be added as I finish everything.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Michael, you are doing a great job, something that is sorly needed to allow the development of this car. Having been through this with another project car, I can apprecate the time and money, this type of ECU tuning can save.

If I can assist you in any way ?.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:47 PM

My Turbo Kit

I am setting up a modified fuel rail with Nismo injectors. I have not been able to find electrical clips for the injectors. Apparently they are only available in a injector maintenance kit. I am also doing a Tec II install. The idea of tuning the stock chip is awesome. I wish this was available before I bought the Tec II. I have also done water injection, and may do an intercooler. If you are having any issues that you would like to discuss with me please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Chuck
Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Just some dude.

Re: My Turbo Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by cdigerlando
I am setting up a modified fuel rail with Nismo injectors. I have not been able to find electrical clips for the injectors. Apparently they are only available in a injector maintenance kit. I am also doing a Tec II install. The idea of tuning the stock chip is awesome. I wish this was available before I bought the Tec II. I have also done water injection, and may do an intercooler. If you are having any issues that you would like to discuss with me please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Chuck
The NISMO 555 cc injectors used in the later style z32's should drop into the svx fuel rails.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by oab_au
Michael, you are doing a great job, something that is sorly needed to allow the development of this car. Having been through this with another project car, I can apprecate the time and money, this type of ECU tuning can save.

If I can assist you in any way ?.

Harvey.
Thanks Harvey,

Some more good news. We're set up with Edelbrock who is making us custom nitrous oxide kits under our own sku's. They expect to have the complete SVX nitrous kit shipped and on it's way to us tomorrow or monday.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
What's SVX specific to a nitrous kit?

Cool news. In a few years maybe I'd like to add some of these stuff, but for now I'm just doing the suspension.

- Rob
Old 02-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
What's SVX specific to a nitrous kit?

Cool news. In a few years maybe I'd like to add some of these stuff, but for now I'm just doing the suspension.

- Rob

Ya ya, that's what they all say You'll probably be going fast in no time

Critically important difference in an svx nitrous kit is distribution blocks and dual fogger nozzles for our dual throttle bodies. In particular to our kit, it's a wet kit both so we can run a little more hp and more importantly so that we don't have to tamper with the fuel rail pressure. This allows us to really dial in the fuel through the fuel maps on the ECU.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:55 AM

Re: Re: My Turbo Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname

The NISMO 555 cc injectors used in the later style z32's should drop into the svx fuel rails.
Yes. They dropped in. I'm talking about the electrical clips. You will need to modify the stocks. I have been unable to obtain more than one clip. If you know where to get the clips for the nismo 555 's that would help me greatly. The nissan dealer was no help. That's why I own a subaru!! I have also done some overkill fuel rail mods. I'll take pictures and show them to you soon.

Good luck!!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Cool!!! That is awesome!!! I had no idea that someone was working on the ECU side of things!!! Great!!! Will your modifications to the ECU make the SVX easy to tune as the WRX???

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Cool!!! That is awesome!!! I had no idea that someone was working on the ECU side of things!!! Great!!! Will your modifications to the ECU make the SVX easy to tune as the WRX???
The answer to that depends on what you mean and who for. I can now tune the svx ecu to run anything including any fuel injector and type of forced injection. Tuning has to be done on a good awd dyno though. I'm doing my final tuning for each application at Mastro Subaru in Tampa. They have a truly bad *ss dynapack awd dyno there as well as a subaru select monitor and technitian at my disposal.

Tuning any ecu including the aftermarket ecu's used in the wrx requires a signigican't amound of know how and equipment so unless you are a professional race team with the knowledgeable staff and financial resources to do that for any 1 particular set up end user tuning isn't a really viable option. To that end what we are doing is putting together truly exceptional supercharger and nitrous oxide kits with chips already tuned specifically for them.

We are also releasing a performance chip for the svx with no nitrous or forced induction. This chip mainly optimizes the air/fuel ratio for performance rather than emissions and then takes advantage of the new a/f ratio to run a lil bit more timing. I'll post dyno plots with the exact gains on the website when i have the final code finished.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:53 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Wow, incredibly exciting. I for one am watching with with wide eyes!
phil
Old 02-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
Wow, incredibly exciting. I for one am watching with with wide eyes!
phil
I ordered 10 prototypes of the new boards with the nitrous control. It'll take a lil more than a week to get them and I'll do the final tuning for the base code as well as the n20 code at mastro right away. The prototypes will be green instead of yellow but they will make you go just as fast. If anyone in here is too anxious to wait the extra month for the production run memory adaptors I'll be happy to put together anywhere up to 8 nitrous kits with prototypes. I won't take any orders untill I post the dyno plots but expect 100 hp at the wheels.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:37 AM

I would like to point out for all that do not know. Maestro is the best! A real enthusiast. I think that there is no other place in the country with more subaru know how than these guys.

Do they have an AWD dyno? I may want to have my Tec II tuned there. Hopefully they have some experience with electromotive. Do you have any contact people (and numbers) for the tuners there? Maybe we could schedule a tuning session together. Turbo vs supercharger!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by cdigerlando
I would like to point out for all that do not know. Maestro is the best! A real enthusiast. I think that there is no other place in the country with more subaru know how than these guys.

Do they have an AWD dyno? I may want to have my Tec II tuned there. Hopefully they have some experience with electromotive. Do you have any contact people (and numbers) for the tuners there? Maybe we could schedule a tuning session together. Turbo vs supercharger!
The pricing is under the thumb of their service manager. They have a website with the info on their dyno and regular fees. They don't do hourly though. You can either go and do i think 3 pulls for $150 or rent the dyno in which case you get the use of a tech while you have it. Regular price is $600 for a half day $1200 for a full day.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:51 PM
overdalimit

Can that super tech possibly help me with a sputtering problem that I am having? Is there anyway I can speak to him?