SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 02:14 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
The legend of the $750 SVX lives on!

Woohoo my tranny has been replaced! Unfortunately my $750 price tage has now more than 5 times multiplied itself...but oh well. Still have less than $5,000 into it, and it's running good.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid car!

I pick it up from Subaru today, which I was shocked to know that they even had my tranny in stock! No wonder I see so many damn SVX's around here...this must be SVX heaven!

Anyways, it's a mid 90's day today...and no air moving...so I'm baking. I hop in my SVX for its first run since it got fixed...just relishing the moment, and feeling the sweat drain itself down my back and onto my leather! No it wasn't a pretty moment, but hell I didn't care...my SVX was back!!!! So after the first couple blocks away from the dealer, I say to myself damn how stupid am I, I have the best AC of any car I've ever owned! Click....I'm greeted with a wooosh of hot air. Ahhhh lovely hot air....wait a minute???!!!?!?

Back I go, back to same guys who just got $3643 out of me!!! Crap.

I guess we will have to see how much this is going to cost. I checked the relay and fuses...no luck with them. Hopefully this won't be too much. I already took out a loan for the damn tranny.

On a totally unrelated note. Could you guys give me a quick opinion on my website. I spent last night updating it, and just wanted some feedback.

Its:

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 06-29-2001, 03:52 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Nice site, Ryan. Clean and quick loading. Always nice to see the faces of other 'crazies' on this board.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. But, consider this. I bought my SVX for 8,990, with 109K on the clock, in '99, 2 years ago (will be in Aug.). Does that make your deal look just a little better? (Actually, 5,990 + 3K for my Suzuki Sidekick in trade). Add to that, a set of front brake pads (71 bucks, pads, 40 bucks labor), new cam seals, vc gaskets, timing belt and a tranny mount to the tune of just over 800.00 (mostly preventative and that was labor, except for the tranny mount part -- I'd supplied the other parts at about 200.00), a rebuild on a legacy tranny (2,300.00), a used SVX tranny (481.00 + 170.00 shipping), rebuild on the used SVX tranny (with 87K miles on it), just in case (1,200.00), and an 800.00 set of tires. Then there are a few incidentals, like spark plugs, a drivers side window switch bank, a side marker from Ron Costa, new front CV boots, resonator removal (only 25 bucks, but, it adds up). My battery box was missing, I had to have one of those, along with the hold down. There were the rims and struts I bought from Leo (no, I'm not telling you what they cost, it was a good deal), and I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting. Then there's a few hundred dollars I've spent on SVX literature, including service manuals at 170.00, The R&T Guide (shuddup, eddy), various ads, post cards and brochures. Then, there's the monies I've spent on gas and lodging going to meets (I don't even wanna start adding that up), which I would not have spent otherwise. Oh, and the tickets . . . . about 300.00 worth of expense on tickets --- I almost forgot rental cars, while my car was in the shop for tranny repair. So, quitchyerbeechin and enjoy your car.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 06-29-2001 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2001, 04:00 PM
Lowered SVX

i have a laundry list too......

forget it i dont even know where to start....funny thing is i dont give a $hit because i love the car and it makes me happy. the only frustrating thing is that when it is in the shop i am without it and i really dont like that.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-29-2001, 04:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: i have a laundry list too......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
forget it i dont even know where to start....funny thing is i dont give a $hit because i love the car and it makes me happy. the only frustrating thing is that when it is in the shop i am without it and i really dont like that.
I know, bud. I feel for you. Go have sushi and a Sapporo -- it'll make ya feel all better.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-29-2001, 04:27 PM

Hhaha,

Oh well at least I haven't put that much into my car "YET!". But heck, when your 21 and have enough trouble keeping one car and a motorcycle on the road....above and beyond all my bills....I can't say I generally have the $3500 kicking around for major repairs...let alone little ones.

Turns out my AC is broken due to some major leak in the system leaking out almost all my freon (i think that is how that is spelled). Its $150 for the re-charge...plus extra to fix wherever the leak is....pooey!

Ryan

(ps - thanks for the website review)
Old 06-29-2001, 04:50 PM
black-svx

Quote:
I know, bud. I feel for you. Go have sushi and a Sapporo -- it'll make ya feel all better

Is Sushi big in Kentucky? Just a question. I have a buddy who moved to South Carolina and said its hell to find a place out there. Seems like another Sushi place pops up daily out here in California, is it just here or is this stuff getting more mainstream!?!?!??

mmmm. . . Wasabi. .
Old 06-29-2001, 07:21 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
How much?

<Sorry to hear of your difficulties. But, consider this...>

Which brings me around to a couple of questions I've been meaning to ask Aredub old buddy old pal....( I like Jerry Reed songs)

(1) What is the name of your bank? and...

(2) Do you get your loans with a mask and gun? Promise of nextborn child? You have a relative that can get your banker choice seats at UK basketball games?

Enquiring minds want to know... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 06-29-2001, 10:18 PM

Hahahaha....well no...I just slip them a piece of paper saying I have a bomb...and after that they will quote "lend" me any amount I ask for.

No actually this one was pretty painless actually. I didn't have to put up anythign as colateral, or have any amount of money down once so ever. The interest rate is less than my car loan for my Sunfire, and the payments are stupid low.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:25 PM
KEVINL

I have had my car four months Ive had to change the transmission twice valve covers brakes trans mount, p/w switch and am getting ready to p/s pump rear diff mounts who knows what else
Old 06-30-2001, 11:59 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by black-svx

Is Sushi big in Kentucky? Just a question. I have a buddy who moved to South Carolina and said its hell to find a place out there. Seems like another Sushi place pops up daily out here in California, is it just here or is this stuff getting more mainstream!?!?!??

mmmm. . . Wasabi. .
Actually, we Kentuckians have an aversion to eating "cut bait." Leo expressed his love for sushi at the Rockford meet. But, yes, sushi is becoming more mainstream. Of course, I can remember when A) you had to go west to get a Coors, B) Starbucks could only be found in Washington State and C) Salsa was a "novelty" at cocktail parties and you had to "special order" tortilla chips.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-30-2001, 12:02 PM

Registered SVX
Re: How much?

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
<Sorry to hear of your difficulties. But, consider this...>

Which brings me around to a couple of questions I've been meaning to ask Aredub old buddy old pal....( I like Jerry Reed songs)

(1) What is the name of your bank? and...

(2) Do you get your loans with a mask and gun? Promise of nextborn child? You have a relative that can get your banker choice seats at UK basketball games?

Enquiring minds want to know... Don
Let's just say I've become a good "juggler." "Let's see, which rate is lowest, and which do I have the least on, this month . . . Mastercard? Visa? Discover? Now, let's juggle those payments."
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-30-2001, 04:25 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Pick a card...any card...

< Now, let's juggle those payments." >

Confucius say...Man who juggles payments, keeps situation up in air...
Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 06-30-2001, 04:46 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Pick a card...any card...

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
< Now, let's juggle those payments." >

Confucius say...Man who juggles payments, keeps situation up in air...
Don
No sh**.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-30-2001, 04:55 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Living hand to....hand

<No sh**>

Most of us have to get so good at this, we should qualify for frequent flyer miles or something. Robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. Which reminds me, are you catching the changing quotes at the bottom of my posts? I try to put several new ones up each week. I found a good source, and thought it might make the posts a bit (smack) fresh. Don

Old 06-30-2001, 05:01 PM

Registered SVX
Yes, I've noticed the new quotations. Keep it up -- changing those will give you less time to think of puns.
Subaru Ambassador