Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: tailight mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
LED Tail lights ran me 150 including shipping. The good thing is that they are quick to come on thus increasing the distance between you and the guy in the SUV behind you...

I will do a how-to soon. Just give me a little time since I am really busy doing a ton of other stuff.

Lwin
Did this ever get done???
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Ok I'm freaking going crazy, I can't find the damn link for the led's I wanted to look at the circular ones and check the measurements on them as well as price can someone repost it, I looked at both threads like 3 times and I can't find it.`
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Through googling I found these, would they fit???

Tail lights?

http://www.vehiclelight.com/4redledstla.html

Back up lights?

http://www.vehiclelight.com/380301.html
Old 02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Through googling I found these, would they fit???

Tail lights?

http://www.vehiclelight.com/4redledstla.html

Back up lights?

http://www.vehiclelight.com/380301.html
Welcome to my world. It's one of trial and error.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I swear freeman you and I are the only ones who are willing to try stuff anymore. I swear all these guys stopped being into modifying anything but the drive train in 2003. That and giving themselves bigger horns

I could care less what my horn sounds like I'd much rather make it look better as well as drive faster.

I guess we're the minorities now, or the "ricers" lmao! I don't understand all the "ricer" attacks lately. I have never thought of putting a humongous spoiler or fart can exhaust on my car, let alone some overly extravagant body kit. Every mod I've looked into would make my car look more clean and sleek or improve the power to weight ratio.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

I like bright lights and loud noises so I got subwoofers with neon lights in them and I imagine I'll catch hell for it sometime or another but I still enjoy it! Astor the tail bar and tail lights, I like those mods cause they,re either free or cheap which happen to be two of my favorite things lol!
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

For sure free or cheap is the best especially in a ****ty economy
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Dont do round ones... You will cheapen the looks of the car. I think if you found rectangular LED panels to put in the light bar it would be hot......
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Dont do round ones... You will cheapen the looks of the car. I think if you found rectangular LED panels to put in the light bar it would be hot......

I thought this too but the rectangular ones we'd have to fabricate ourselves and let's face it... I'm no electrician and especially no mechanic.. I wanted something that was pre-made that I could fit into the housing or create a custom housing for, cause that's about all I can do..
Old 03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

Make whatever damn shape you want with this stuff:
Linky
Flexable, trimable, waterproof, pre wired and ready to go. though I wouldn't recomend using them for anything other than decoration without first making sure the viewing angle is suitable for road use.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

thanks eric
Old 03-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I've decided I'm going to do the square ones, but not the small ass ones, I'm going to try and get ones like MOHRDS used. I sent him a message.... anyone heard from him in a while??? is he still active???
Old 03-15-2009, 07:48 AM

Registered SVX

I like the tail lights on the pictures.
Are this possible to get?

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-svx View Post
I like the tail lights on the pictures.
Are this possible to get?
which pictures are you talking about??? the led lights are custom installation. A few members have done it, it's doable, it's just a choice of what led's you use.

Dayle sells some and there are a lot of sites out there that sell them. You just need to find the right size for what you'd like. Then you separate the lenses in an oven and replace the internals with new led's and then reseal. That's the gist.... but there's obviously more to it than just that but you get the point.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX

Jonny and Freeman, you 2 arn't the only ones wanting to see this thread continue. I am Subscribed and Will be looking into a few Solutions to this myself.

I know enough with Electronics to be able to make my own if need-be, but I would rather find Rectangular ones that fit without mods (other then mounting them)

Keep this thread going!

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)