Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 12-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Registered SVX
feeler for parts i need in the future

i need a set of guards
pass one on pearlie#1 is bent up
and drivers one on pearlie#2 got hit lastnight by someone that felt the need to park beside my car in an empty carpark
Old 12-22-2011, 02:15 AM

Registered SVX
Re: feeler for parts i need in the future

You're having some rubbish luck lately.

There's a gorgeous black one that's just come up for sale here in Sydney, so if I decide to get that, the guards off my pearl might be for sale as it becomes the parts car.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:39 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestone View Post
You're having some rubbish luck lately.

There's a gorgeous black one that's just come up for sale here in Sydney, so if I decide to get that, the guards off my pearl might be for sale as it becomes the parts car.
i sure am haha

oh ok true , if you do that would be awesome , im going to talk to a couple of my dads mate that do a bit of panel beating to see if they can bash them out as straight as possible and bog them till they are perfect but if you do make your pearlie a parts car that would be great

um just wondering whats wrong with your pearlie that you would make it a parts car if you get the black one ?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Is that the low k one in the dealer on carsales ? very tidy unit

cam
Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyau View Post
Is that the low k one in the dealer on carsales ? very tidy unit

cam
Yes. It's in at the Classic Throttle Shop in North Sydney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
um just wondering whats wrong with your pearlie that you would make it a parts car if you get the black one ?
Nothing that much. Still need to get steering rack, tie rod ends, and exhaust sorted - so it's not getting driven at the moment.

But it's definitely not in as good a condition as that black one, so it's natural to park the lesser car.

I love my project car(s), but sometimes I dream about having something I can just jump in and drive. Hence the attraction of the black one.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:36 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:

Nothing that much. Still need to get steering rack, tie rod ends, and exhaust sorted - so it's not getting driven at the moment.

But it's definitely not in as good a condition as that black one, so it's natural to park the lesser car.

I love my project car(s), but sometimes I dream about having something I can just jump in and drive. Hence the attraction of the black one.
sounds like a nice find ,

oh ok , almost all that stuff was good on my car untill it came off the trailer now it is fairly um skewed
would you be interested in a trade with my bent up one ?
minus the engine in mine (as i just spent 3700 on fixing it ) and the steering rack and tie rod ends and exhaust and maybe a few other things it will cost me about $4000-6000 to get #1 back to a decent shape
Old 12-25-2011, 04:28 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX

Quote:
I went to have a look at it. It is certainly one of the best SVXs that I have ever seen, and appears to be completely original (it even has the warning label on the driver's door that explains what to do if the "AT OIL TEMP" light comes on!!)

It is Charcoal Grey - not black.

The only areas of wear on the car are some scrapes on the wheel rims, some wear on the driver's seat bolster, and some of the dashboard trim is loose. The sunroof switches have also had their markings worn off, and the sun visors are drooping (albeit very slightly). It does not have the headlight protectors either, and the passenger seat backrest side panel has many indentations from the seat belt buckle being trapped between that panel and the door when it is closed.

It does appear to be on its original transmission, and does not appear to have an external ATF cooler......

If it was three-tone silver, I would be sorely tempted.....!!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX

Last edited by JDW-SVX; 12-25-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX View Post
The only areas of wear on the car are some scrapes on the wheel rims, some wear on the driver's seat bolster, and some of the dashboard trim is loose. The sunroof switches have also had their markings worn off, and the sun visors are drooping (albeit very slightly). It does not have the headlight protectors either, and the passenger seat backrest side panel has many indentations from the seat belt buckle being trapped between that panel and the door when it is closed.

It does appear to be on its original transmission, and does not appear to have an external ATF cooler......

Finally got a chance to have a look yesterday too.

It really is in amazing condition.

It's clearly been inside (hidden?) for most of its life. But it still had the usual bubbling under some of the window-in-window frames behind the rubber.

Headlights and grille were especially amazing. I've never seen them so clear.

And Jason, it sounds like you and I are the only ones to have checked it out so far.

I could also be tempted, but I see a lot of original under bonnet hoses etc. so I know it would need a lot of time and effort still put into it before you could trust it. Plenty of vacuum lines were rock solid.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX View Post
I went to have a look at it. It is certainly one of the best SVXs that I have ever seen, and appears to be completely original (it even has the warning label on the driver's door that explains what to do if the "AT OIL TEMP" light comes on!!)

It is Charcoal Grey - not black.

If it was three-tone silver, I would be sorely tempted.....!!

Jason.
Sounds like it would need a radiator, transmission and probably struts. Just like ALL SVX need. Without having this done, I would only pay $10,000 for it.
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: