Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-19-2002, 07:01 PM
bjones

Vkykam - Are you there?

Hi

A while ago I posted a message "Canadian members - Please Help" stating that I was looking for an SVX. You replied indicating that you would, depending upon the location, be willing to go and check out an SVX in the Toronto area. I think that I might have found a real possibility; it's a 94 1/2 being sold privately and the seller is located in Richmond Hill. I have no idea if that is at all close to you but maybe you could let me know (my E-mail is bjones16@shaw.ca) if this is possible for you. I will probably end up flying out to look at (and, hopefully, buy) the car but I'd like to get an idea if it matches the seller's claims first. I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time and gas.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Old 08-19-2002, 08:11 PM
The Road Less Traveled

I'm still here... Although some might want to debate whether of sound mind...

Check your e-mail. Richmond Hill is pretty much my backyard.

VK
EH!
Old 08-24-2002, 08:11 PM

Vkykam where do you live? I am in Newmarket, maybe we could get together sometime. PS did you ever check into the 92 sitting on the dealers lot.

Keith
Old 08-25-2002, 10:35 AM
The Road Less Traveled

Shoot! I forgot to get back to you. Sorry! I was in Ottawa for the weekend when you replied back and it completely slipped my mind.

I did find more details on the car, it's a 92 with 170,000km on it. Busted tranny (surprise), leaking waterpump. Door is rusted dead centre on both doors. Big scratch on drivers side from door to rear quarter panel.

And, get this. The guy wants $4000CDN for it. I was thinking about it as a project car (5 speed), but after seeing the rust and the general body condition, I decided to pass. Phil said he might consider it as a parts car if he can talk the guy down to $2500. I have the owner's contact info if you still want it. But as a keeper, I wouldn't recommend it.

We should get a meet going. You, me, Phil, David, and Marek. There's someone else on here from Burlington as well. I'm on the edge of TO, at 404/Steeles, about 25 minutes from where you are. In fact, I'll go right thru Newmarket today on my way to Orangeville for fishing.

Wanna buy MY car?

VK
Eh!
Old 08-26-2002, 02:34 AM

Thanks for the info on the car. I actually work not far from where you live, Birchmount & Denison. Sorry can't buy your car at the moment, finances are tight. Let me know if the rest of you are going to get together and I will try to make it in one of my non-SVXs.

Keith
Old 08-26-2002, 02:36 AM

Do any of the Toronto SVX owners head north on the 404 weekday mornings sometime around 0800-0830??

Keith