SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-19-2002, 11:54 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Cash:
Dude, I am not patrioatic. I can be. I am not a US citizen. But you can't just say this is a BS. I am not saying you should know better -- you can express what you want. That is a part of human rights. However, you should have some feelings for this. We are talking suffering here man. I hate to put it this way. I have seen many 15 year olds who show more maturity than you have. I am not the type of person that comes to this kind of conclusion this quickly but since you joined this place, you came in with the know-it-all/holier than thou attitude. That will not get you far my friend. Please realize that there are older, wiser, smarter people on this board. Think a couple of times before you say something that make a fool out of you. You are young. You can change. (I hope)

As for kicking butt Larry, no matter how much you kick, there will ALWAYS be a dumb ass on earth (Excuse my language). And that DA will always have more dumber people called follower. All I can say is: God help us from hands of fools and idiots and people. So, kicking butt will not help unless we can "terminate" all causes of this problem and I mean ALL.

- L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-20-2002, 04:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Thanks guys.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
How dare you question my patriotism or my attachment to last September?

I cried just as much as any of you.

I am still affected by replays of the footage from those towers collapsing.

I am still inspired by the apparent heroics of the passengers on flight 93.

That week, I took a day off. I was emotionally trashed and I wanted a day to regroup. I went out and I bought the biggest flag I could find and flew it in front of my house. That helped a little. The sight of that flag made me smile, finally.

My avatar became a red, white and blue SVX. I thoguht it only appropriate that it be an SVX, but it still show my love of this country and what it's supposed to stand for - even when it doesn't.

And I am enraged that Doug would start some wild speculation and then implicate my business and my art for an alleged desensitization and disassociation of our youth.

Stuff it, all of you. That email was spam and, had it appeared in my inbox, I would have deleted it immediately - my patriotism still intact and my heart still wounded.

I'm not coming back today. I have a lot of work to do - ruining your children and turning them into disaffected, violent and careless people.

And I'm angry.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 08-20-2002 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Ca$h

Maybe you guys misunderstand: I've love this country, and I have plenty of feelings about sept 11th, but I don't think putting our headlights on will do anything. Cars COME with daytime running lights now, sometimes people drive with their lights on, and if you see somebody with their lights on chances are they have never receieved this email. Its just a chain letter, period. If you want to show some pride do something else. I have a little flag sticker on the back of my car, I have since about 3 years ago.

- Ca$h
Old 08-20-2002, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
Lame patriotic BS.

- Ca$h

1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Lame patriotic BS.

- Ca$h

Cash, may I suggest a trip to your local libraray. There is a book entitled, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by a Mr. Dale Carnegie. Seems to me that, at this point, you could use a little help.

I drive with my lights on, anyway -- BUT, if I didn't, I would certainly put them on for this occasion. Not only that, but, I'm sending my Daughter to New York to serve as an assitant to a lady who will be performing in the commemorative activities.

Also, let's not confuse "tolerance" with "acceptance." I will tolerate SOME things I don't agree with, but, don't get an inkling of an idea that I accept them.

I was one of those people who protested our involvement in the Vietnam "confilct" but, I was also one of those who would, let's just say "take issue" with anyone I saw disgracing our flag. Even though I didn't agree with our involvement in the "conflict," I held, in great esteem, those who served in that "Hell" and would "take issue" with anyone who treated them with disrespect.

I am a patriot, and proud of it. I am an American and will display my patriotic pride without shame and without worrying about offending anyone. I will drive with lights on, fly my flag, slap on my stickers (ask yourself, Ca$h, is that sticker doing any more than driving with your lights on?) . . . anything it takes to show my pride in country.

It is sad that it took such an event to knit a country back together, but, sometimes a "wake up call" is necessary. I will morn the loss of human life, on 9/11/02. I will morn the loss of Americans, Japanese, Englishmen, Muslims, Africans, Chinese, etc . . . and will feel sorrow in the fact that this "melting pot" of people had to lose their lives because they were on American soil.

I will also take great offense toward anyone, in the future, who uses "Patriotic" and "BS" in the same sentence.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-20-2002, 11:32 AM
The Road Less Traveled

Aredub,

Being PATRIOTIC is not BS. There. I used both in a sentence. Take offense.
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
I will also take great offense toward anyone, in the future, who uses "Patriotic" and "BS" in the same sentence.
Nick,

I don't think Doug meant video games = violence. Take in context of the sentence, the way I interpret it, he's saying that many in the younger generation (me included) don't understand the importance of world events, that a young person that has not gone thru a war may not appreciate the significance of such a loss of lives. The only way for them to compare the loss of 3000 lives is to compare it to Command and Conquer, and that they may not understand the reality of it, hence his reference to "lack of reality".

Besides, I don't think Doug was directing his frustration at you.

VK
(Where's my flamesuit again?)

Last edited by vkykam; 08-20-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:36 AM

9/11 hit home and it hit home hard. i could see the smoke from my school. my grandfather, a retired fireman saw them come down from his front porch. my uncle a fireman in Union covered firehouses for weeks in NY. that weekend, i spent in Wildwood NJ at the fireman's convention i saw the fireman sitting in rooms with the doors open, tv on, just sitting and crying. my aunt worked on the 105th floor, but thankfully was to sick to go to work that day. my best friend served time there, serving food to the tired workers. my b/f and his brother spent time digging finding two fireman...dead..with their packs still on their backs. a friend of the family who is a police officer, died trying to help ppl out of the building as it came down. i have hundreds of Kodak pictures nobody would ever want to see. i am one hour from ground zero. this is not BS, this is apart of history and if turning your lights on for one day is a problem, then sorry for you. it is just a simple way to show that we remember...if that is to difficult for you then don't do it.

Kelli

there is one pic from ground zero in my locker if anyone wants to see it. it was taken one week after the fall
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:48 AM
I_Alcyone_I

Quote:
Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
I dont mean any disrespect by my following statement.

I am a little annoyed by all the flags people have recently put on their car. If it weren't for the events that were almost a year ago I don't think i would feel that way. I think it is great that people came together after the events, but I also think its incredibly upsetting that something, like these events, had to happen for people to show respect to their fellow human beings. I was raised to respect other people and to treat them how I would like them to treat me. I have always held doors open for the person behind me, or said excuse me when walking infront of someone. Being respectful to someone shouldn't be something out of the ordinary, that you just do because certain tragedies happen. Maybe im getting a little off the point here but to revert back to my first sentance. Patriotism is great, but when it takes a disaster to force people to show a little, it just makes it seem like a cliche.

Ok I think people read this and thought CA$H wrote it, or they read it and took it the wrong way, and if they didn't, I was unhappy with how I stated things so let me clear some stuff up.

"I am a little annoyed by all the flags people have recently put on their car. " Annoyed at the fact that a lot of people out there are just doing it because everyone else is, not because they are proud of the country, and I'm not referring to anyone connected to this website, but I have run into more than a couple people that I have gotten that impression from.

"it just makes it seem like a cliche." I don't even know why I said that, thinking about it now. Id rather just strike it from the whole comment, I just hate it when people show "fake patriotism" just because everyone else is doing it, not because they love their country. Again I am NOT referring to anyone here, just from people that I have met, and being as I'm a salesman I do meet quite a few people.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I

Ok I think people read this and thought CA$H wrote it, or they read it and took it the wrong way, and if they didn't, I was unhappy with how I stated things so let me clear some stuff up.

"I am a little annoyed by all the flags people have recently put on their car. " Annoyed at the fact that a lot of people out there are just doing it because everyone else is, not because they are proud of the country, and I'm not referring to anyone connected to this website, but I have run into more than a couple people that I have gotten that impression from.

"it just makes it seem like a cliche." I don't even know why I said that, thinking about it now. Id rather just strike it from the whole comment, I just hate it when people show "fake patriotism" just because everyone else is doing it, not because they love their country. Again I am NOT referring to anyone here, just from people that I have met, and being as I'm a salesman I do meet quite a few people.
I understood perfectly, and I'm in agreement. "Fashionable" patriotism is distasteful. To some people, they were "greif sticken" because it had become popular to be. Unfortunately, it's difficult to "separate the sheep from the goats" in such cases, so, I prefer not to judge.

Meanwhile, what "irks" me, is the number of "Old Glories" lying on our streets, parkways and interstates. People have taken this wholesale patriotism thing to the point where they are not showing proper respect for the flag, using it for everything from dashboard dressing to diapers. We need to stop treating the flag like a rag (IMHO).
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-20-2002, 02:05 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Thanks Vik for clearing it up. That's exactly what I meant.

Nick, I didn't mean you, I had forgotten what you do for a living. I sent you a PM explaining it.

I wasn't trying to offend, I was simply generalizing the public radio debates I've heard since Sep 11th about this county's youth and their apathy.

Sorry if I offended any of my friends. Sometimes I forget that not everyone is an old fart like me

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 08-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Ca$h

I still don't see how I wrote anything wrong. People who wrap themselves up in the flag since sept 11th kinda tick me off, and that email just shows how cheap it is. Show patriotism for a day?! Screw that. How about show it 24-7 365.

- Ca$h
Old 08-20-2002, 02:37 PM
Boone

Quote:
Lame patriotic BS. / ... I still don't see how I wrote anything wrong.
Yep, you wouldn't.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Ca$h

Alright, you keep wrapping yourself up in the flag there buddy. And remember, on sept 11th any car that has its lights on has read this email and is thinking while they're driving that they're proud to be an American. Whatever.

- Ca$h
Old 08-20-2002, 03:05 PM

Registered SVX
Basically, if you don't like it, don't do it.

Right now, it's kinda like the old saying, "I may not like what you say, but, I'll fight to defend your right to say it."

That being said, all's been said that needs to be said.
Subaru Ambassador