How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-12-2002, 10:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
SVX sightings in Chicago...who R U?

It seemed so strange, but I have seen enough SVXes this weekend. I took my car to the dealer's shop in Schaumburg to have the exhaust system checked and I saw a Silver SVX with the whole front taken apart. The motor was at the corner and the exhaust system was on the floor. It looked like a huge project for the mechanics, they said the engine was leaking in all places and it's been there for 2 days. The steering wheel was customized - had a cut off part like a Night Ryder type, it was cool...was he in the Indy meet?

When I went to dinner on that same day, I saw a Claret parked on Diversey near Elston Avenue. Then this afternoon, when I got out of work as I walked to my car, a red SVX passed by me. I have seen this red one a few times before, passing by my work place at Logan Blvd. I wish one day he will stop by and say Hi or honk at me...I'm sure my car won't mind seeing his car

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".

Last edited by vzSvx; 08-13-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
hey viv i know who it is..ive met him, its a 92 silver with the wheel cut on top and on bottom right? He was in rockford and followed me one day, and i have his number at home. His names Jason, if its the same guy.

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 08-13-2002, 04:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Quote:
Originally posted by BLKSVX92
hey viv i know who it is..ive met him, its a 92 silver with the wheel cut on top and on bottom right? He was in rockford and followed me one day, and i have his number at home. His names Jason, if its the same guy.
I wasn't sure if he was a member of this network because I didn't see any sticker anywhere on his car. But by just looking at his car and the amount of work it needed, I really felt so bad for him. By the time he gets the bill... he's better off buying another SVX. I did remember seeing a Silver at the meet but I did not check inside of the car at that time, I would have seen that customized steering wheel.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".

Last edited by vzSvx; 08-13-2002 at 04:55 PM.