How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-23-2002, 04:24 PM
"high" in Colorado

Thumbs up just got home

about an hour ago.....Total miles driven: 2536.4. The car ran perfect!

What a great meet! Still trying to sort it all out in my mind...

Thanks Larry, for all your effort in making the 10th Anniversary meet such a GREAT success!

So much fun, and so many wonderful new friends...I will never forget it!!
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 07-23-2002, 04:34 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Tom,
Good to know that you made it home in one piece. Can't believe that you drove straight through!!
We'll be home probably Thursday.
It was so great to meet you and everyone else and it was all over entirely too fast!!
(Of course, had we gone to the plant tour we could've said goodbye)
Was my car the most photographed?

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 07-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Home safe

By the sound of all these posts, you all seem to have had a great time. Glad all are home safe, and we are all waiting patiently for an overview or a precis of the events.

Larry, your efforts for the last while seem to have paid dividends for all concerned. As our Oz or NZ friends might put it, "Good on yer, mate"

Joe

PS How many cars? How many people?, what guests? etc, etc, etc
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-23-2002, 07:06 PM
casper150

that was one of the best meets i have ever been too, everone is so friendly and helpfull,,,and the only problem i had was a little overheating when i had on the a/c,,,but thats fixed now....ohh on the way home, we had a little fun with a camaro...eneded up blowing him away at around 115...he caught up at about 100..pulled up next to us, and yelled what are those cars, there really cool!! cant wate till next meet! Also ,thanks Larry..we owe u diner!
Old 07-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Had to leave early

I think I almost saw at least 10 svx's on the way home but when I go to them they were (gasp) probes or worse, then we finally caught up to Bill - that was so nice riding home and being able to see another beautiul svx in the rear view most of the way. We made it home safely and without a visit from the highway patrol although we passed quite a few of them
. As Huck said, I didn't meet anyone I didn't enjoy talking too and I wish I had met everyone there.

Does anyone know if the young couple with the alternator problems made it home alright?

I can't wait until the next meet. I think this year we will have to make the trek to reading with both cars.

Quote:
Originally posted by svxter

Hooked up with Matt (immortal_suby) & Kim outside Louisville, and we made a mini-carvan until just north of Knoxville, where I split off, and they continued south. Hope they & everyone got home safely.

Time to start planning the next one.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Home safe

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
By the sound of all these posts, you all seem to have had a great time. Glad all are home safe, and we are all waiting patiently for an overview or a precis of the events.

Larry, your efforts for the last while seem to have paid dividends for all concerned. As our Oz or NZ friends might put it, "Good on yer, mate"

Joe

PS How many cars? How many people?, what guests? etc, etc, etc
Joe, you wouldn't believe it:

76 SVXes. More than 100 people (can't remember the official count).

Our special guest at dinner was Mr. Nagano, President and CEO of SIA (Subaru-Isuzu Automotive). He was driving the first new Baja to come off the assembly line, last Thursday. He let everyone look it over.

Our hosts at an SIA luncheon (The first time SIA has had "Customers" in for a special luncheon -- a special treat usually reserved for dealers), included Mr. Nagano and the entire SIA top management team. Mr. Nagano also had a last minute surprise. He found that two of the men who worked on the SVX (one on the body, one of the engine designers) worked at the plant in Lafayette, ad he invited them to join us. You should have seen the looks on their faces when we gave them a standing ovation!

The luncheon was capped off with a "cherry picker" shot of all members in the parking lot with their cars. It'll probably be in drive magazine. Look for it.

That's a small "reader's digest" version. Too much to type without cramping. I'll do a "reflections" later. I'm still just a bit "giddy."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 07-23-2002 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Directionally Challenged

Send a message via AIM to Shadowyng
I see a hint of blue smoke!!!

Zepplin.. sweet picture!!! Thank god I wasn't pushing her too hard went I was at the lead of the pack....After we spilt up I had about another hour and all was well.. I think the air moving around sucked some of the power steering fluid out to give that great air show effect....there sure was some gratification in boxing in a Camero and then fumigating it with a cloud thicker then a Colorado forest fire!!!( sure made me sweet regardless of the a/c)

Huck thanks for the ride in the 5-speed... she's a different breed of animal with the manual tranny slamming her through the sound barrier!!!!

Randy...you should have seen that lawn care company in all of their primal splendor...A Ford 350 with Zebra stripes all the way down to the tail(pipes)!!!!

Last edited by Shadowyng; 07-23-2002 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
We're home too :-)

Just wanted to say that Marisa & I are back in KC just fine. We had a good group to caravan back with as far as St. Louis, MO. Thanks Jason, Tammy, Todd, Crystal, Tom, Amanda & Nick for travelling with us.
I also think we should once again give an applause to Matt for helping Amanda and Nick out with that alternator, he's the man!! It was great getting to meet all of you and I'm hoping that this wasn't a one time thing. Take care all of you and hope to hear from you soon :-)

~Ray
"Halistan"
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.

Last edited by halistan; 07-23-2002 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:33 PM
cozykat

What a blast!

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Does anyone know if the young couple with the alternator problems made it home alright?...
I believe Amanda and Nick made it home alright. They caravaned with me & my mom(Texas), Ray & Jon(Kansas), Jason & Tammy(Missouri), Todd & Crystal(Missouri), and Tom(Colorado). They lived in St. Charles, MO. as did Todd & Crystal and we actually went through St. Charles on the way to Kansas City. So if their car failed, they at least would not be far from home.

I just wanted to post that I had a wonderful time. I took over 100 pictures. I, like a few others, found myself taking people pictures towards the end of the meet because I got so wrapped up taking pictures of all the cars! lol
I loved meeting everyone and putting real faces to screen names. Even better to hang out at like 2 in the morning just talking about the SVX or watching some members working on their cars. I was so glad to finally meet John Hoffman as he is the most amazing person! I loved his magnetic SVX logos on his car. (You think up the most unique ideas! Not to mention I love how you keep your SVX.. the most meticulous detailing ever.. it's great!)
I am also very happy to say I got around 67 of the SVXers that attend to sign my shirt along with the CEO and the 2 gentlemen that actually worked on the SVX. (Picture attached - sorry not of the greatest quality.) Thanks to everyone for signing it!
This was definitely worth the trip. I have never been so content in all my life.. Everything was right in the world. I am so sad it's over but I look forward to doing it again soon. I just hope I don't have to wait like 5 years.
It was definitely my pleasure to meet everyone. Thank you Larry for organizing this meet. Everything was fantastic!

lots of love,
Marisa
"cozykat" or on yahoo "kozypup"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svxshirt.jpg (69.4 KB, 171 views)
Old 07-23-2002, 11:45 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

you guys suck!

okay.....j/k.....but why is it the westcoast gets
left out of such a cool meet..?? Im not moving anywhere
near the eastcoast so either I take a 2 week vacation
to make the next one, or the west coasters are going to have to do their own meet in Vegas and cruise 50+ Svx thru the strip or up in Ca up the PCH. Cant wait to see some pics and here more about the event.....!

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 07-24-2002, 03:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Dayle,

In comment to your post I say the following:

If Rich could make it to the meet from Ariz. in a Legacy GT, why couldn't you drive to the meet. We had many people in Lafayette who came a lot farther than Ariz. (can you say Nova Scotia).

So don't tell us that we su... and don't blame us for your failings.

Larry Singer (aka Larry III)
Old 07-24-2002, 07:51 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Made it home safely

Sorry to hear about the othe PA boys being held up by Indiana's finest. Angie and I had a incident free trip home, however, it was also, SVX free from Indie on. Was expecting you guys to catch up and pass me somewhere in WV but I guess we were still a few hours ahead. Got back to Lancaster around 12:30. I just hope everyone else had as good of a time as I did!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:03 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

it was all in good fun.....

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Dayle,

In comment to your post I say the following:

If Rich could make it to the meet from Ariz. in a Legacy GT, why couldn't you drive to the meet. We had many people in Lafayette who came a lot farther than Ariz. (can you say Nova Scotia).

So don't tell us that we su... and don't blame us for your failings.

Larry Singer (aka Larry III)
there was a element of sarcasm in there hence the "j/k" for just kidding.....it was more the fact I just couldnt make it due to the fact it wasnt a good time for me to be able to leave the shop and take a vacation, one of the actual downfalls of owning your own business......you have to stay while your employees take their vacations.......the distance was some of a factor still, but it was more of a combination of not good timing for me, distance combined. Would love to have made it but maybe the next one.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 07-24-2002, 09:19 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: I see a hint of blue smoke!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowyng
Randy...you should have seen that lawn care company in all of their primal splendor...A Ford 350 with Zebra stripes all the way down to the tail(pipes)!!!!
I pulled around to load the car and check out, and THERE IT WAS! I thought to myself, "That Larry! He's just too much!" I saw him later and he said that he had nothing to do with it. What a trip. Add to that little coincidence the fact that I was entering my receipts into my checking software and lo and behold had gased up at a place owned by RWJ companies. What a trip!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-24-2002, 02:58 PM

Quote:
If Rich could make it to the meet from Ariz. in a Legacy GT
Hey, hey... hold up, now Larry. I only had to travel from Oklahoma, not Arizona. Dayle and the Arizona boys probably would have another 10 hours on top of the 10 that I drove. 10 hours is kinda fun, 20 is getting 'iffy'.

Also, I figured out that I averaged about 71mph for the drive home. I was at or over 80 for most of the way. God, I love the higher speed limits!

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)