Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-18-2008, 09:42 AM

Registered SVX
Closing Machine Shop - everything must go!

As some of you may have heard, the machine shop / leak-sealing business for which I have been working for 4 years is closing its doors.

Everything we have in here has to go, as my boss has no place to store anything. We have been in the same building for more than 20 years, so there is a ton of stuff that has to be sold or scrapped. I have posted on Craigslist (look under Western Maryland "moving sales" section) and eBay (seller name is pvr_inc). Even though we have zero feedback on eBay, everything that is listed is exactly as stated and I will ship out the next day after payment is received (sorry, we can only accept PayPal, since we are a new seller with no feedback.)

We have CNC machines (mills), engine lathes, industrial drill presses, hand tools, etc., etc., etc....... You can PM me or email the company at info@pvrinc.com if you want any more information. Most of these machines are HUGE and would cost thousands to move, but some are small enough to pick up.

You can get some great deals on stuff; so far I have just gotten the nuts listed -- I'll be starting to list the bolts today. If you are close enough, stop by the shop and look around -- I am here every day from 8:30-4:30. I can come in on the weekend and walk you through, if it's more convenient for you.

Nothing has been priced yet, so I can only contact my boss with your offer (I can call him on his cell) and see if he will accept it.

Call the office (800-691-6961) if you have any questions or want to stop by. We're supposed to have everything out of here by the end of the month! (That's NOT going to happen!)

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: Closing Machine Shop - everything must go!

Very interested in welding equpiment (if there is any), and a drill press.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

I could go for a lathe, drill press, couple other things probably... Is it possible to stop by and just wander around with a shopping cart/forklift + trailer?
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Very interested in welding equpiment (if there is any), and a drill press.
There is a welder, I'm not sure if it's MIG or TIG, but it's pretty heavy duty. Probably not suitable for a "hobbyist" but I'll see what I can find out. We have several Drill presses, but again, everything we have in here is industrial size (ask Tom). We have a drill press here that's as big as my car!

We do have one smaller one, suitable for "home use". I'll bring my camera in tomorrow and take pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
I could go for a lathe, drill press, couple other things probably... Is it possible to stop by and just wander around with a shopping cart/forklift + trailer?
Feel free! I'd let you borrow our fork lift, but it has no brakes!

For the lathes, you would need more than a fork lift. Trust me.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Sorry I'm not more help, but this is out of my area of expertise. And my boss has not been of much help, as he is out of town most of the time.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 09-19-2008, 12:34 PM

Registered SVX

I have posted our current machine list to http://www.dlcamp.com/pvr/machinelist.doc and photos to http://photobucket.com/pvrinc. There is also an Arbor press and a 10 ton hydraulic press which I did not take photos of.

I will continue posting on eBay as I get the smaller stuff inventoried.

Feel free to ask if there's anything else and I will check and see if we have it. None of this stuff has been priced yet, so I'll have to contact my boss if you want to buy anything. Also let me know if anyone wants any other pics.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:19 PM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX

Do you have a sandblasting cabinet by chance?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:31 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95 View Post
Do you have a sandblasting cabinet by chance?
No, sorry. Our shop did manufacturing, no refurbishing and very little repair. Practically everything we have is included in the machine list I posted and/or the Photobucket page. I am still in the process of inventorying the small hardware, i.e., nuts and bolts, which I will be adding to our eBay listings next week.

EDIT: We have loads of CNC tooling inserts, as well. I will hopefully get to them next week.

Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 09-20-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

Sorry to see you'll be out of work

If you want, I can post about this on the Grassroots Motorsports Board, I have a feeling a few of those guys would be interested in this stuff...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
Sorry to see you'll be out of work

If you want, I can post about this on the Grassroots Motorsports Board, I have a feeling a few of those guys would be interested in this stuff...
Sure, we're just trying to get rid of stuff at this point.

I picked up a part-time night job (I don't know HOW part time ) to carry me through. Hopefully I can collect UC until I either find something else or get my web-design business going. Once you're unemployed, the state (MD) SBA really tries to help you start your own business -- hopefully I can take advantage of that.

I'd love to be able to work from home; that way I can devote more time to helping Tom with his business.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:01 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Good luck with starting your business, Di. Seeing what you've done with svxfiles.com, it looks quite promising.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 09-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Registered SVX

Price and Voltage of the miller welder?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuberNatural View Post
Price and Voltage of the miller welder?
Sorry, I haven't a clue. You'll have to contact my boss unless you want to wait until Monday (or later, whenever I hear from him -- he will be out of town Monday and possibly Tuesday). His email is twoodring@colt.us.com.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Good luck with starting your business, Di. Seeing what you've done with svxfiles.com, it looks quite promising.
Thanks, Tim. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

The other sites I have done/am still working on are also "pro bono", but they serve as my portfolio. They are Jackie C. Niles Photography (complete except for the 'Gallery' page; I'm waiting on more info from the site owner), Jet Technologies Superchargers (Tom's supercharger sales site, which also needs expanded/tweaked), J. L. Camp Inspection Services (the original website I set up for my sister's business 10 years ago) and http://www.dlcamp.com/jlc, the new version of the same site that I am working on now (in my spare time ).....

I'm still learning new tricks and technology as I go -- I'm not quite up to the "latest and greatest", but they are professional enough (in my opinion) to sell to small businesses in the area.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:01 PM

Registered SVX

2 reasons for this post:

1) to bump it back to the top of the post list

and

2) to let everybody know that my boss has suddenly started getting rid of stuff. If you are interested in any of the smaller stuff (vises, grinders, etc.) let me know so I can bring it home with me before it is sold for scrap! Tom has expressed an interest in the hydraulic press (turns out it's 20 tons, not 10) and I have brought home a couple of drills. Aside from the office All-in-One (fax/printer/scanner), there is nothing else I want out of the office or shop.

If anyone has any interest in anything else, let me know. See the above posts for links to pics. The big machinery we are hoping to sell as a single lot, but we haven't gotten any decent offers yet.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Too bad you're so far away, I know my school would be interested in a lot of it. A few of our lathes are overdue for a trip to the scrap yard.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: