Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I am incredibly interested in this because of the huge need to fine tune the car with the stage III.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
I'd be very interested to see your take on the "USB compatible" adapter.

And I agree; getting more people into the project is a huge step in the right direction!

As to those Java logging programs... got any links? I wouldn't mind taking a gander in there and seeing if I can't get something working. Java's the only language I really have experience in, haha.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Benztech55

Send a message via AIM to Benztech55
select monitor

I'll take one. I ok if I sent you a money order. Because I don't do paypal anymore since they lost my money and cannot find it. I need usb verison
Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmeisterpk View Post
Does this work with OBD II? or just OBD I?
The cables will work with some early model OBD2 Subarus with the SSM interface. However, I do not have a complete list as of yet. I will be doing more experimenting in the near future with OBD2 cars.
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L
Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benztech55 View Post
I'll take one. I ok if I sent you a money order. Because I don't do paypal anymore since they lost my money and cannot find it. I need usb verison
Money order is ok with me as well. PM sent

Old 10-24-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
I'd be very interested to see your take on the "USB compatible" adapter.

And I agree; getting more people into the project is a huge step in the right direction!

As to those Java logging programs... got any links? I wouldn't mind taking a gander in there and seeing if I can't get something working. Java's the only language I really have experience in, haha.
Does that mean you would like to buy one?(:

Take a look at this program called JDash. I have been playing around with it a bit, and it should work very nicely for data logging on the SVX. I need some help with the code. I have the source code if you need it. It works on all platforms, so great for putting on a linux machine. It actually runs better on linux.

Last edited by UPnorth362; 10-24-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Still wondering if you can make me a cable for my select monitor (the actual device)?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
Still wondering if you can make me a cable for my select monitor (the actual device)?
What version SSM do you have? v.1, v.2, or the brand new v.3

Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
Does that mean you would like to buy one?(:
No, I have one of Phil's original interfaces for a few more days, and after that I'm building my own USB interface. Thanks for the offer, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
Take a look at this program called JDash. I have been playing around with it a bit, and it should work very nicely for data logging on the SVX. I need some help with the code. I have the source code if you need it. It works on all platforms, so great for putting on a linux machine. It actually runs better on linux.
I've got a knoppix disc Phil provided that works like a charm on my laptop, so I'd probably do code stuff from there. If you could PM the source code to me, that would rock. I'll check it out a little later and see if something can be done. I'm still reading up on Java-Serial interfacing but if I put my mind to it, I think I can do anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
No, I have one of Phil's original interfaces for a few more days, and after that I'm building my own USB interface. Thanks for the offer, though.

I've got a knoppix disc Phil provided that works like a charm on my laptop, so I'd probably do code stuff from there. If you could PM the source code to me, that would rock. I'll check it out a little later and see if something can be done. I'm still reading up on Java-Serial interfacing but if I put my mind to it, I think I can do anything.
This http://jdash.svn.sourceforge.net/vie...ceforge/JDash/ is the link to the source files. All the code is written for the interface, I just dont know how to link all the files toghter. So please take a look at it, and let me know what you think.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Retired

Very interesting... I've got it all saved and stuff, and was going to try my hand at writing something for out car... but it turns out he's got a Subaru Select Monitor protocol written already, for both OBD1 and OBD2 cars. So I guess all people need is the cable. My observations on the cable for the Select Monitor (v2) are that it's DB-29 Serial-->OBDII-->OBDI to go to our (92-95) cars. Meaning that aside from a physical appearance difference (and therefore, a change in which pins perform which function), it would appear that there is no serious difference between OBDI and OBDII input for our cars.

Another interesting tidbit... the interface for that Java-based program looks suspisciously like the Windows interface the guy on VWRX uses. I have a feeling I know where that VWRX guy got his idea, hahaha.

But this looks quite promising! I'll have to dig deeper into the code and see what comes up. With any luck, this'll be our cross-platform program of choice!

I wonder if it supports writing to the ECU...?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Phil & Belha

Thumbs up

Wow. I've only just seen this thread. Nice work Mike. This will be much easier for people than trying to build one themselves.

I hope Nomake can get jdash working. This project really needs some better software that can run on windows. I don't know java but obviously I'll give whatever help I can with regard to the ECU.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Very interesting... I've got it all saved and stuff, and was going to try my hand at writing something for out car... but it turns out he's got a Subaru Select Monitor protocol written already, for both OBD1 and OBD2 cars. So I guess all people need is the cable. My observations on the cable for the Select Monitor (v2) are that it's DB-29 Serial-->OBDII-->OBDI to go to our (92-95) cars. Meaning that aside from a physical appearance difference (and therefore, a change in which pins perform which function), it would appear that there is no serious difference between OBDI and OBDII input for our cars.

Another interesting tidbit... the interface for that Java-based program looks suspisciously like the Windows interface the guy on VWRX uses. I have a feeling I know where that VWRX guy got his idea, hahaha.

But this looks quite promising! I'll have to dig deeper into the code and see what comes up. With any luck, this'll be our cross-platform program of choice!

I wonder if it supports writing to the ECU...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Wow. I've only just seen this thread. Nice work Mike. This will be much easier for people than trying to build one themselves.

I hope Nomake can get jdash working. This project really needs some better software that can run on windows. I don't know java but obviously I'll give whatever help I can with regard to the ECU.
Nomake, I have made SOME progress with the Jdash files. I really do hope we can get it working. It should be simple, I just dont have much time at the moment to read my new java programming book. If I can be of any help, let me know. You are truly becoming a legend on this site.

Phill. Thanks, all the converters sold so far, have been working as expected. I hope this will get more people involved. You have been my inspiration, so hats off to you as well Best wishes to your new little girl.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I got mine working today... Super fast for what I was expecting and works perfectly. Thanks a million Mike, great product and highly recommended

Tom
Old 10-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Update. All converters will come with the proper cables to hook up to your pc. There will be no additional cost.

USB adapter will come with one 6ft male A to mini B cable

Serial adapter will come with one 6ft straight through male to female 9pin Dsub cable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: