Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Sold. :'-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by min View Post
...but i stand behind my eastern ohio guy. he is honest, hardworking, and knows that svx beast. best of luck with your svx. it's a neverending journey.

Let's not ruin another of my threads with the freak nut swinging. He openly admitted to stealing from me (1/2 talk of gas at the least, which he said he'd pay back and later said he wouldn't) and did not do several things I paid him for (trans cooler, for starters). Everything he touched on my car is falling apart piece by piece as well (trans fluid leak, anyone?). I'm glad not everyone had the experience I did with him, but don't come into my thread claiming he is honest, of all things. He is a thief and a liar, and I'm not convinced he should be allowed anywhere near a tool chest.

It's bad enough I lost all the money I spent having him "fix" my car, I don't need him haunting my threads through his friends as well.

Now, can we PLEASE get back on topic so I don't have to shut this thread down and open a third trying to get this sorted out. Thanks!
Raxles front axles
Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Did you try a new MAF yet?
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-14-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Did you try a new MAF yet?
Not yet, still trying to source one. SVX parts are not easy to come by here.

Thanks!
Raxles front axles
Old 10-14-2007, 07:49 PM
95 SVX L - New owner

Send a message via AIM to min
careful

He is a thief and a liar, and I'm not convinced he should be allowed anywhere near a tool chest.

watch it. you are dangerously close to slander.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 PM

mine was stalling at lights etc and i checkd everything i thought was possible then by accident i was leaning on the righthand inlet manifold and i got this high pitch wistling sound... hence i tightened the manifold and presto i havent had the prob since and that was 9months ago... hope urs is a simalar simple fix!!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue View Post
Oh, and after my wonderful Eastern Ohio trans swap, the car is now leaving trans fluid puddles in the garage...
...If you know the situation, you who to blame, and who to avoid doing business with.

You mentioned it first.... and I believe enough people where affected by this situation and involved for you to know that someone was bound to comment on it.

In either case, good luck getting your car fixed. I learned quickly that there is no "budget SVX" only a Budget for an SVX. Everyday you drive it, something else is likely to go wrong. The car is after all 15 years old, hoses get old, parts break.

But they sure are fun when they are working!!!
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
rough idle and stalling issues can be hard to track down. My friends svx has similar symptoms as yours...so Im following the thread as best I can But only the parts between ohio bull****
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by min View Post
He is a thief and a liar, and I'm not convinced he should be allowed anywhere near a tool chest.

watch it. you are dangerously close to slander.

It isn't slander when it's true.
He lied to me (said it would take 2 days, then 2 weeks, actually took 2 months - also charged me for and said he'd do the trans cooler, then didn't) and he admits to stealing from me (1/2 tank gas as well as the aforementioned trans cooler he was paid to do and didn't do, as well as being paid to install my s/s lines and didn't).

Besides, it'd be slander if I said it. Since I wrote it, it'd be libel. Learn your law.

I'm going to quit looking for solutions here. The admins won't let me post my very negative experiences with BudFreak in the "beware" thread (I asked and was never gotten back to), and if someone had been allowed to do that before I hired him, I'd have gone with Tom's manual swap instead.
...Isn't that what forums like this are for? Learn who's good to work with, and not being afraid to post "beware" from those who are known not to be...Not protecting criminals so they can fleece the members here...
Also, he obviously still has enough blind supporters here (or shell accounts?) that I'm not going to be allowed to find the solutions to my problem without being harassed.

Thanks to those who were helpful, but the admins here simply don't know how to clean house and let GOOD people help each other out and weed out the chaff. As long as Jason's nut swingers are allowed to remain and harass his victims, I won't be posting.
Raxles front axles
Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
It isn't slander when it's true.
He lied to me (said it would take 2 days, then 2 weeks, actually took 2 months - also charged me for and said he'd do the trans cooler, then didn't) and he admits to stealing from me (1/2 tank gas as well as the aforementioned trans cooler he was paid to do and didn't do, as well as being paid to install my s/s lines and didn't).

Besides, it'd be slander if I said it. Since I wrote it, it'd be libel. Learn your law.

I'm going to quit looking for solutions here. The admins won't let me post my very negative experiences with BudFreak in the "beware" thread (I asked and was never gotten back to), and if someone had been allowed to do that before I hired him, I'd have gone with Tom's manual swap instead.
...Isn't that what forums like this are for? Learn who's good to work with, and not being afraid to post "beware" from those who are known not to be...Not protecting criminals so they can fleece the members here...
Also, he obviously still has enough blind supporters here (or shell accounts?) that I'm not going to be allowed to find the solutions to my problem without being harassed.

Thanks to those who were helpful, but the admins here simply don't know how to clean house and let GOOD people help each other out and weed out the chaff. As long as Jason's nut swingers are allowed to remain and harass his victims, I won't be posting.
I don't want to get in the middle of this, but you're the only one he's had problems with before. I think that's a noteworthy thing.

I'm not saying you're lying because for all I know, you could be 100% correct. However, you are the only person who has had trouble with Budfreak before.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-15-2007, 01:34 PM

That's because they don't let anyone post bad experiences here for some reason. I got more than a few PMs stating people wondered how my swap would go, considering all the problems with his work. That's really what pisses me off more than anything...People knew he was a hack and let him post here trolling for victims anyway...

Oh well...Doesn't matter now...

Maybe I'll just convince Subaru to bring back the SVX so I can buy a new one, lol!

Raxles front axles
Old 10-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Registered SVX
you in life have to do what you feel you gotta do however not posting here, when to my knoweldge it is the only forum that allows freedom of expression , to a point anyway , and gives FREE information from ALOT of poeple who loves these cars and want them to continue running forever is i feel a unwis decision. ignore the people who love the ohio guy and listen to the people who want to help you. my opinion, they have helped me alot with invaulable info
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM

I understand...I'm just very frustrated...I'm sure you understand...
Raxles front axles
Old 10-15-2007, 03:27 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
I understand...I'm just very frustrated...I'm sure you understand...
Hang in there, buddy, there are a lot of people on here who want to see that car back to PERFECT condition (if that's possible with a 15 year old car. ) Most of them will help in any way you can -- lend you parts to try or walk you through something on the phone.

We're all sorry you had a bad experience, but try to keep your chin up. You may have to walk away from her for a few days to cool down, but you'll miss her.......

Best of luck.

Oh, and how far is Morton, IL from Wiley Ford, WV? We have a GREAT mechanic here.......

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady View Post
Hang in there, buddy, there are a lot of people on here who want to see that car back to PERFECT condition (if that's possible with a 15 year old car. ) Most of them will help in any way you can -- lend you parts to try or walk you through something on the phone.

We're all sorry you had a bad experience, but try to keep your chin up. You may have to walk away from her for a few days to cool down, but you'll miss her.......

Best of luck.

Oh, and how far is Morton, IL from Wiley Ford, WV? We have a GREAT mechanic here.......

THANK YOU!

Is this mechanic YOU?
Let's see...I shipped her to Ohio to get her supposedly fixed last time, so I suppose WV would be doable to get her fixed...

Do you make house calls? LOL!

If you're ever up for a long weekend, I'd happily put you up and pay you for the work.

I've got a neighbor who's a decent mechanic, too, but is completely unversed in SVXs. I've been talking to him about sorting out the stalling thing "off the clock" but I don't know where we're at on it currently.
Raxles front axles
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Is this mechanic YOU?

I think she's probably talking about the guy that lives in her garage

Tom, OT, SVXfiles. Definitely a stand up guy and good mechanic. If I needed someone to work on my cars, he's on a very short list of places it would go.