Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedVX
Alright to those who have asked...I finally got some pictures in my locker

And to those who like to point and laugh....go ahead but just remember everyone here bought this car because it stands out from the rest. I wanted my SVX to stand out from all the other SVX's out there. It's the same principle..im just more liberal. Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!
Criticism welcome, huh? OK.

I like the stripes. They are a little bit naff on a car that I consider more pipe and slippers than ricer racer, but the effect is nice and symmetrical, and suits the dark green.

Not a great fan of boomboxes, but I am a big music fan, so improving the audio[ICE?] is OK by me.

On a negative note, I must say that the standard exhaust blows. Yours does quite the opposite.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-27-2002, 07:14 PM
PDhamSVXer

Re: Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby

I believe this yields the answer to that one. Welcome to our newest member.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...angledupinBlue|2576

RWJ / Cube - please - do not click on that link.
I am not going to comment on the racing stripes or the wing. But I was just wondering if you have felt a performance drop off becuase of the open elemnt filter in the engine bay. I ask because from the pictures it seems you have no heat shield and therefore are sucking VERY hot air from the engine bay. You dont have to be a car nut to know that sucking hotter air will hurt performance. But, i have heard that it does give it a deeper exhause note. Just curious.

Paul
Old 04-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by PDhamSVXer

I am not going to comment on the racing stripes or the wing. But I was just wondering if you have felt a performance drop off becuase of the open elemnt filter in the engine bay. I ask because from the pictures it seems you have no heat shield and therefore are sucking VERY hot air from the engine bay. You dont have to be a car nut to know that sucking hotter air will hurt performance. But, i have heard that it does give it a deeper exhause note. Just curious.

Paul
I have a similar intake setup. The performance did go down when I installed it. If I could do it over, I would have stuck with the stock intake system. It does add a deep growl from the engine though.

-Mike
Old 04-27-2002, 07:28 PM
museumquality

might as well finish it

with leather seats by motorsport,

deep blue leather in tone with outer paint -offset a few shades, 10" width - leather stripes up the center of front and back seats.
5 star wheels, 17+, polished. aluminum dash kit.
calipers in yellow,

i always have a problem with the old lamp lenses up front, it just makes the car date back regardless of how well the reconditioning around them is performed. someone needs to find a solution to this issue.
Old 04-27-2002, 07:31 PM
museumquality

-

10" WHITE LEATHER STRIPES UP THE CENTERS that is.