Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 07-17-2006, 03:38 AM

Registered SVX
I'll post here...it's more relevant

Hi guys,

I've pulled the interior out of my car ready to convert it to a rally car.

So I have almost everything for sale.

Seats, carpet, roof lining, rear inner panels, boot carpet, linings, rear wiper motor, couple of small ECU's, etc...

If anybody is interested, they are in Brisbane. Shipping might be a drama for some of them.

Overall they are in pretty good condition. The rear seat is in amazing condition given the age.

I'll soon have gutted the dashboard so other things will become available. Airbags, etc.

Then we get mechanical so ABS system, standard inlet bits and pieces etc.

Let me know, chances are I have what you need.

Make me an offer.

Matt
Old 07-17-2006, 04:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
pictures of interior?

im keen on the little plastic strip on the boot entrance, and the ciggy tray, and the surrounds of it, also the door sill on the passenger side, and the sun visors

thats what i ned for my car, broken/scratched bits if you can help with any of that

o and maybe the drivers seat... im a big boy, so could prolly have a spare seat

thanks!@
Old 07-17-2006, 05:08 AM

Registered SVX
Pictures are a bit late...they are now of a pile of stuff.

Have all of those things.

I'll have a dig through and take a photo and email them to you.

Email address?

Not sure what the ciggy tray is? Have the ashtray from the front with the door...and the one in the console. Both used.

Drivers seat not quite yet...still driving the thing around, and haven't got new seats sorted. Although that's coming up.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:16 AM

Registered SVX
Boot strip is pretty scratched...picture attached.

Side strips have cracks, but are otherwise in good condition.

Camera has just exploded, so no pictures for a moment.

M
Old 07-17-2006, 05:16 AM

ashtray yer

used

the outside of my ashtray is scratched from removal of head unit and changing over countless times, and the surrounds of that are damaged too.
email robberger16@hotmail.com
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 AM

any progress on a camera?, also after a different ciggerete lighter holder too, mine is so badly marked
Old 07-25-2006, 05:51 PM

Registered SVX
Rob (I think that's your name),

I ahve a new camera. I'm happy to take some photos, but they're all in a big pile.

I'll try and get the things you want sorted ASAP.

Matt
Old 07-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Matt,
We haven't had many SVXi totally gutted, yet kept functional to date (Ben/Dave's "RaceCar" and the SVReX being the only cases I know of). So, pictures of your progress in turning your SVX into a Rally Car would be appreciated!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Registered SVX
G'day Bill,

I was planning on starting a "buildup of the car" thread. At this stage though, there's a few things we want to get finalised before we commit fully. We want to make sure the engine will make the power we need then if it does, it'll be all in!

I'd be happy to share where my progress is up to...which area would it suit I wonder?

At this stage, all I've done is take the interior out that's not needed to drive it daily...boot contents, carpet, roof lining, rear seats etc.

The next step, assuming the engine is good (and wer're pretty sure it will be) is to strip it completely and get the cage built.

I've already got some suspension lined up and some other bits and pieces.

Matt
Old 07-26-2006, 03:36 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt
G'day Bill,

I was planning on starting a "buildup of the car" thread. At this stage though, there's a few things we want to get finalised before we commit fully. We want to make sure the engine will make the power we need then if it does, it'll be all in!

I'd be happy to share where my progress is up to...which area would it suit I wonder?

At this stage, all I've done is take the interior out that's not needed to drive it daily...boot contents, carpet, roof lining, rear seats etc.

The next step, assuming the engine is good (and wer're pretty sure it will be) is to strip it completely and get the cage built.

Matt
Greetings Matt,

If you wish to get the best out of the car, you should think seriously about a quick steering rack. I am sure with proper driver input this would be very cost effective, particularly when compared with engine work etc.

If you work something out please keep me in the loop. My SVX is completely stock for good reason, but this is a mod I would go for big time.

Best of luck with the project, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Rob (I think that's your name),

I ahve a new camera. I'm happy to take some photos, but they're all in a big pile.

I'll try and get the things you want sorted ASAP.

Matt
thats my name
Im in no hurry for parts... does not bother me
too busy buying car audio at the moment, look out for a thread in the mod mania forum in the coming weeks
Old 07-26-2006, 05:37 AM

Trevor,
I got involved in this project with Matt because I believe that the car has the ability and strength to take the pounding of Rallying. In addiation I am 100 % convinced that the engine will come up with the power we need when the rework is done and with out a lot of cost. I am interest if your thinking on what we will acheive from the engine as well as will it make a good compeditive rally car. We are about to buy a 6 speed from the USA so we are giving it the best shot. Also going throught the excersise of fitting DMS 50mm shocks could be benficial to others as well.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
If you wish to get the best out of the car, you should think seriously about a quick steering rack.
One way to achieve this might be to get the front rack from a 4WS SVX (if you can find one).

The "Vehicle Speed Sensitive" rack is 16.2:1
The "RPM Speed Sensitive" rack is 17.1:1
The "4 Wheel Steer" rack is 14.2:1

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 07-26-2006, 07:01 PM

Registered SVX
Phil,

Wow. That's really interesting. How on earth did you work that out? Or have you accumulated this info over the years?

I wonder if I could find a CXD rack...it'd be a challenge I'd think.

My other thought was to adapt a WRX one but then I'll confess to not knowing their ratios either. I might have to research them to see if they'd work.

M
Old 07-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
G'day Bill,

Matt
G'day back at ya, Matt!

The "Mod Mania" forum might just be a good fit

I've driven Ben/Dave's "RaceCar" and gutting the car definitely turns it into a whole different "beast" As my car is now in the SCCA's ESP class, there are certain mods I can do to the car - nowhere near what Ben/Dave can do to their SCCA FP class SVX - so I'm very interested in how you "finish off" your interior after you get done taking it down to its "bare essentials" So, pics of where you're at right now would be great, and then pics as progress is made. I know Ben/Dave are planning on putting a cage in their car, as they are also going to start hill climbling with it

I think you're going to find that the stock EG33 has plenty of "go" after you take ~1000 lbs out of the car.

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: