Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 01-09-2006, 04:36 AM
AusSVX

Subaru Key Cuts

Does anyone know where you can get professional Subaru key cuts/copies done? I have had second keys cut but they are ugly plain silver ones cut by mister mint So basically I want new Subaru keys, copied professionally by Subaru if possibly so they look like the originals. CAN THIS BE DONE!!!

Hope this all makes sense,

Cheers!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Phil & Belha

I can't answer your question exactly, but I can tell you that it's an old Datsun key and there are several different aftermarket blanks available.

I've had a few of the plain silver keys which look crap and snap in half after 3 months. But then I found another shop which does them with black plastic grips and much stronger metal. Shop around a bit and you'll probably find them.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 01-09-2006, 07:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
i cut my subaru keys at work (home hardware)
im not sure what the originals actually look like though. i dont think my main key original
Old 01-09-2006, 05:50 PM
AusSVX

cheers guys. i have found a few places that do that plastic bits at the top, however they said they couldn't use those ones for my Subaru key however i will keep looking around! any more comments would be greatly apprieciated!
cheers once again

Last edited by AusSVX; 01-09-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:04 AM

Keys

Hi, I got mine from a blank from Pavillion Motors Ipswich, might cost a bit though. (Mine was free of charge as they broke it!!). 1992 seems to have been made with a leather top with SVX on it, I think later models had the remote in the top part of the key

KennEls
Old 01-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Mr Soob

Kennels,

Seriously, can you contact them and find out how many blanks you can get hold of for me, and the cost each?
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 01-13-2006, 03:38 AM

Unhappy Blanks

Sorry, we have since moved from Qld to Vic, also the guy I used to deal with has left as they were bought out by a Nissan dealer, they still sell Subaru and Hyundai, so it might be wothwhile for some one local in the Brisbane area to give them a call.

Kenn.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: