Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
i looked at the specs in the factory service manuals for the eg33 and ej22 and determined that they use the same main bearings just in different #'s. Clevite makes bearings for the ej22 so I ordered 2 sets of those to get the bearings for the eg33 build. I also got clevite rod bearings.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
i looked at the specs in the factory service manuals for the eg33 and ej22 and determined that they use the same main bearings just in different #'s. Clevite makes bearings for the ej22 so I ordered 2 sets of those to get the bearings for the eg33 build. I also got clevite rod bearings.
Keep pouring on the good news...

Tom
Old 12-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname

Michael,
Great news! How much did the full set of bearings end up costing you?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-30-2005, 06:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
this is awesome news since my engine definitely has crank walk ;( Well least when i have some money i can find the right parts to build the engine right. Cant wait to hear more, really appreciate all the great work lan.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Tycho

Question: There are two part numbers listed for the rod bearings (one for EG33s mfr'd pre 09/92 and one for engines after that date). What changed? I have what I believe to be a 92 engine and I've mic'd out all the journals (rod and main) just for kicks. Would you happen to have journal diameters for a post 92 engine?

Cometic makes MLS EG33 head gaskets BTW. I will be getting a pair myself sooner or later.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho
Question: There are two part numbers listed for the rod bearings (one for EG33s mfr'd pre 09/92 and one for engines after that date). What changed? I have what I believe to be a 92 engine and I've mic'd out all the journals (rod and main) just for kicks. Would you happen to have journal diameters for a post 92 engine?

Cometic makes MLS EG33 head gaskets BTW. I will be getting a pair myself sooner or later.
Tycho,
So, how's your EG33 rebuild going? I don't believe there should be anything different about the dimensions for any aspect of the EG33 over the years it was manufactured. Subaru may have just changed suppliers, thus the change in part number...
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Tycho

Oh...it's coming along swimmingly.

The parts actually sat in a box all summer while we tinkered with other projects. I just got cracking on it again over break a couple weeks ago (getting the deck surfaces milled and freshening the cylinders with a hone).

We've only recently decided how we're going to build the engine and what it will go in. Looking like basically a stock rebuild (skosh higher CR) with some good headgaskets and some of my headwork. Have some solid lifter parts also, but we probably won't sweat that (or cams). Induction options range from a low boost super quick spooling turbo setup to a N2O setup to ITBs. We'll decide that later. I recently had a very positive experience with ITBs on a 4 cylinder motor of mine as far as engine response was concerned. The guy I'm working with on this has a lot of experience with N2O on SBC/BBC combinations that make some pretty stout numbers.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Well we have our subaru engine overhaul seal and gasket set and our clevite bearings. The pistons aren't done yet but should be around the time we are done using the engine for fabricating the 1st run of stage 3 kits.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:40 PM

Great job .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: