Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 08-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Riposte

Parts etc?

Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a red svx 95 (QLD plates - SVX 95) however I am missing (long story) the passenger side sun visor. Does anyone know where I can find one (to order from subaru = A$540)?
As I am constantly travelling I rarely get the chance to visit this forum, please email me if you can help!!

myriposte@hotmail.com
Old 08-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Mr Soob

Wreckers and eBay are the only place if no-one emails you.

If you try the eBay option, search worldwide and don't be afraid to get ex-US. Just remember the ol' drivers side for them is passanger side for us, etc. Also ensure you have an active PayPal account and are all set on eBay to bid and so on.

If you find one at a wreckers, ensure it is the complete thing. If you don't have the mount for it, then they'd better include it otherwise you've wasted your money. Also check that the light in it works... most people find that the lights don't work because the power leads for it have been severed inside.

On that note, check the leds aren't cut too close to the visor... makes it hard to connect back up.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 08-07-2005, 10:04 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
You may be in luck - I recently purchased two brand new visors (I thought I should get them while they were still available!! ), and although the illuminated vanity mirror wiring on the old ones had broken, they did not droop.

I still have one of the old ones left - but I am not sure which side it is.

I will let you know when I find out.

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 08-08-2005, 07:31 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Quote:
passenger side sun visor
You could also contact these engine people that import front cuts,
Hang on a second while I overcome my shivers and dry my eyes...
Most of these guys are only interested in motors and trannys.
If you feel you could afford it ,and haggle with them a bit, maybe a windscreen could be worth hanging on to?
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!

Last edited by pylon500; 08-08-2005 at 07:32 AM. Reason: change colour
Old 08-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon500
maybe a windscreen could be worth hanging on to?
Arthur.
No kidding. You don't want to know how much they are to replace. If you can get one, get one. Even if it is to "on-sell" to one of us for a few extra bucks.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 08-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Brooky Parts Plus in Smithfield has a svx reck, you may want to try them, they have a web site to.

I would sugest calling first (they didnt help me at all when i went there)

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 08-09-2005, 12:21 AM

Talking Ebay or contact

I have just recieved my new visors and centre mirror from USA the man to talk to is Brendan at bmibay@bmicad.com they sell on ebay or direct. Good to deal with and will try to source most parts at a **** load less than your dealer will. New visors go for US $120. Roughly $200 landed in Australia a lot cheaper than $800 plus qouted by dealers here. Used ones are used and will fall down i am happy to sell my old ones for $25 each lights working but they like to drop 50mm all the time. Dont forget their passenger side is our drivers side good luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: