Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Drifting in the SVX!

Well, I wish, but it's definitely possible to keep all four tires spinning around tight corners in the snow. Central VA is currently getting between 7-10" of snow, and about 4" had fallen at the time I went out to have some fun...

Went to a nearby Community Center with a large empty parking lot and had at it. I love the way the rear end of the car comes out progressively on you, and it's pretty cool to experience all four wheels spinning while you turn the steering wheel from one side to the next!

I'm loving this car in the dry, wet and white stuff!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Weasel 22

having some fun are we? lol at least it isnt sunny in your area anymore! I need some more white stuff here.......
Old 02-28-2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel 22
having some fun are we? lol at least it isnt sunny in your area anymore! I need some more white stuff here.......
Having lots of fun...even though I was extra careful to stay away from lamp posts, and sidewalks!

Couldn't do this in my former SVT Lightning or 300ZX TT!

-Chike

Old 03-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
cool pics !!! but still i am gonna try putting very thin wheels on the SVX just to try its stability on snow.. like WRC cars...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear
cool pics !!! but still i am gonna try putting very thin wheels on the SVX just to try its stability on snow.. like WRC cars...
Thin tires with deep threads should make the SVX handle like a champ in the snow, however, it'll still be limited by it's low ground clearance...

-Chike

P.S. When all was said and done, we got just over 7.5" of snowfall yesterday.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd

Thin tires with deep threads should make the SVX handle like a champ in the snow, however, it'll still be limited by it's low ground clearance...

-Chike

P.S. When all was said and done, we got just over 7.5" of snowfall yesterday.
what about 75 offset tyres instead of 45 or 55 ?

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:06 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

You like it in the snow with the Auto??? you should experience it in the snow with a 5 speed ... The rear end comes around alot quicker and it is really a blast to drive

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Chike, man, you are such a copycat! I am going to drive over to your house and throw snowballs at your car! Hey, hope your son is having fun in the snow also

-Andrew
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 03-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
You like it in the snow with the Auto??? you should experience it in the snow with a 5 speed ... The rear end comes around alot quicker and it is really a blast to drive
I agree, then you crank up the suspension for max ground clearance and add winter tires!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:37 PM
SilVerXtc

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I agree, then you crank up the suspension for max ground clearance and add winter tires!
You can crank up the suspension? How to do that?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Amazonparrot
Chike, man, you are such a copycat! I am going to drive over to your house and throw snowballs at your car! Hey, hope your son is having fun in the snow also

-Andrew
Ha ha ha! Yeah, I got the idea from you, however, I didn't want to do any *off-roading* with my car...

My son Zach had a blast in the white stuff on Monday. We took him sledding and he had a blast!

-Chike

Old 03-03-2005, 04:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
You wanna bet?

Old 03-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by SilVerXtc

You can crank up the suspension? How to do that?
GreenMarineSVX and I have the Ground Control/Koni suspension setup on our SVX's. There's about a 4" adjustment from the highest to the lowest settings.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:52 PM
SilVerXtc

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
GreenMarineSVX and I have the Ground Control/Koni suspension setup on our SVX's. There's about a 4" adjustment from the highest to the lowest settings.
So with this suspension set up. You could basically raise it 2" or lower it 2" from the SVX stock hieght. Am I understanding that correctly.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Meow!

I don't know if it's exactly 2" and 2" because I don't know how close my car was initially to stock height. It really depends on the installation and consistancy with the install.