SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-16-2005, 05:30 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir

you do need a ffl number to ship any firearm.

you selling your ar-15?

how much, which manufacturer?

It's a DPMS 16" heavy barrel I've fired about 30 rounds through it.... It's post ban, although I'm not sure that really means anything now....

I'm looking to get 700 dollars for it. it came with 2 10 rnd mags, but I'm selling it with 1 10 rnd mag and 1 30 rnd mag. um..... I think that's all....

Skip

I don't have the s/n handy but, if you want it, lemme know.

Last edited by Dengue; 02-16-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:32 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
oh, and just in case anyone is curious, I'm selling it because I was an idiot and bought a second one like a month after I bought this one..... and I can't come to a good reason to own 2 of them....

Skip
Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
If you do a search Shotking. I believe is into guns.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 02-17-2005, 12:49 AM
SVX Appeal

Private transactions, also known by the misleading term, "The Gun Show Loophole" (which virtually all gun shows have closed years ago) are perfectly legal as long as both parties are legally permitted to own the firearm and are not acting as businesses. The catch is that you can't ship across state lines. Many states don't allow shipping within state lines, and most of those that do (if any of them still do???) usually require that shipping be done by a certain process, much like certified mail.

Shipping a "firearm" anywhere across state lines always requires that the recipient have an Federal Firearms License. Most FFL holders charge between $20 and $50. Most dealers are used to doing this, but some are not and can be real morons about the process. Normally $25 is a reasonable fee, but if you can't find somebody who knows what they're doing, go elsewhere and pay more if you must.

Pre-ban / post-ban doesn't mean anything now unless your state has any particular laws regarding dates. I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure California probably has a few hundred of 'em. You guys in Texas have cool laws.

The Stoner-16 frame is a fantastic target rifle. Those suckers are tack-drivers right out of the box, but they're still upgradeable once you feel that you're the weakest link, (which you usually are until you can get under an inch at 100 yards.) They're cheap to shoot, they're reliable, and they're still capable of a few hundred yards if extended range targeting floats your boat.

Dengue, easy with the "Assault Rifle" term. That's the magic phrase that turns ordinary gun fanciers into raving homicidal maniacs. Any and every rifle from the beginning of time was an 'Assault Rifle.' I just don't like to fuel the 'guns are evil' fire by using this rather un-descriptive, unofficial, and undefined term which seems to be applied to any weapon that happens to be painted black and therefore must be evil. It's hard to imagine that our nation was actually founded but gun-toting religious nuts. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by UberRoo
Private transactions, also known by the misleading term, "The Gun Show Loophole" (which virtually all gun shows have closed years ago) are perfectly legal as long as both parties are legally permitted to own the firearm and are not acting as businesses. The catch is that you can't ship across state lines. Many states don't allow shipping within state lines, and most of those that do (if any of them still do???) usually require that shipping be done by a certain process, much like certified mail.

Shipping a "firearm" anywhere across state lines always requires that the recipient have an Federal Firearms License. Most FFL holders charge between $20 and $50. Most dealers are used to doing this, but some are not and can be real morons about the process. Normally $25 is a reasonable fee, but if you can't find somebody who knows what they're doing, go elsewhere and pay more if you must.

Pre-ban / post-ban doesn't mean anything now unless your state has any particular laws regarding dates. I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure California probably has a few hundred of 'em. You guys in Texas have cool laws.

The Stoner-16 frame is a fantastic target rifle. Those suckers are tack-drivers right out of the box, but they're still upgradeable once you feel that you're the weakest link, (which you usually are until you can get under an inch at 100 yards.) They're cheap to shoot, they're reliable, and they're still capable of a few hundred yards if extended range targeting floats your boat.

Dengue, easy with the "Assault Rifle" term. That's the magic phrase that turns ordinary gun fanciers into raving homicidal maniacs. Any and every rifle from the beginning of time was an 'Assault Rifle.' I just don't like to fuel the 'guns are evil' fire by using this rather un-descriptive, unofficial, and undefined term which seems to be applied to any weapon that happens to be painted black and therefore must be evil. It's hard to imagine that our nation was actually founded but gun-toting religious nuts. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Unless I'm mistaken, shipping a firearm anywhere requires a FFL number on both shipping and receiving ends. I think FedEx, UPS, or USMAIL only accepts packaged firearms from dealers with a FFL license. It's also at the discretion of the recipient to hold the package as long as they see fit, so find a good dealer that won't screw you. At least that's what the gun dealers here in Atlanta tell me.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:11 PM
SVX Appeal

Federal law permits you to ship a firearm inside state lines between anyone legally allowed to posess one. It also allows you to ship interstate as long as the recipient is liscensed. If shipping is for the purposes of servicing the firearm, a round trip is permitted.

There's an interesting loophole. You can ship anything anywhere as long as you're shipping it to yourself. You can ship it in care of someone else, but you are the only one allowed to open the package. ...at least that's what the law says...

UPS, FedEx, and US Postal Service all have different rules. FedEx has the most relaxed rules. ...and of course, each state has their own set of do's and don't's.

www.thegunzone.com/ship-guns.html
Old 02-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by UberRoo
Federal law permits you to ship a firearm inside state lines between anyone legally allowed to posess one. It also allows you to ship interstate as long as the recipient is liscensed. If shipping is for the purposes of servicing the firearm, a round trip is permitted.

There's an interesting loophole. You can ship anything anywhere as long as you're shipping it to yourself. You can ship it in care of someone else, but you are the only one allowed to open the package. ...at least that's what the law says...

UPS, FedEx, and US Postal Service all have different rules. FedEx has the most relaxed rules. ...and of course, each state has their own set of do's and don't's.

www.thegunzone.com/ship-guns.html
cool, i'm going to box a gun up and send it somewhere to test the system

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: