Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Domo Arigato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_Insanity8
Is anybody else somewhat dissapointed by the game? Besides the fact that there is no SVX in it? I think the sounds are terrible! Especially after playing NFS Underground 2 (which has fantastic sounds across the board). There are too many versions of cars that are basically identical. The handling for the American cars is terrible. I purchased and fully modified a GNX (one of my favorite cars of all time) first, and it still understeered right of the track on corners it should have been capable of taking easilly. THAT and the fact that it ran a 14.5 at the Vegas strip stock and only a 13.04 when fully modified... which is ridiculous considering stock GNX's have been known to get into the 12's in real life. This kind of thing holds true to many of the cars in the game (most prominent in the U.S. cars).

On the upside it has gotten more enjoyable as it progresses. I have gotten through about 12-13% and the STi Super Touring car you earn, for which race I forget, is fantastic (much better than a fully modded 800+ hp R34 Skyline)!

I sure do like the unusable cars that you win, like the Nike and Toyota Triathalon car. Can't wait to use those old 1 hp Mercedes and that Model T!

To be honest, I was bit dissapointed by the game. Maybe I expected too much, or waited too long, and my interest on that game was losing as well.
The graphic is good, something wrong with the casting shadow though. Cars look like floating sometimes. Like you said, the engine sound isn't good enough. it's like you are hearing small electric motor or something. I've been playing some Xbox race game as well, and those have great sound.

Physics of GT4 cars are good, but not so fun. Maybe it's realistic, and that's what they wanted, but it's just not so fun.
This could be my problem, but some races are way too easy and others are way too hard on the same level..
Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't play GT4 like I used to play GT1 all night.

I'm not a sales guy here but I'm more excited about the other racing game which is coming soon. We should be checking this out! Called "Enthusia" by konami.
Another hope for SVX game???

-Ryu

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]