Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2003, 04:33 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: :")

Quote:
Originally posted by svxpert
<<Someone needs to smooze their way in there and drive one of these things.>>

I was a passenger in one. Never drove it though. You have to be an employee to drive it.
Does a Kerven Subaru employee qualify? :-)

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
sans SVX

Re: :")

Quote:
Originally posted by svxpert
<<Someone needs to smooze their way in there and drive one of these things.>>

I was a passenger in one. Never drove it though. You have to be an employee to drive it.
So how was the ride? Did the car actually have a 5MT in it? Were you given a demonstration of the power and/or handling? Did it have a cup holder?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: Re: :")

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

Does a Kerven Subaru employee qualify? :-)
An especially well-dressed one???

<Rainman>I'm a very good driver, yeah, very good driver.</Rainman>
Old 10-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Dude. It cannot be done. No way, no how.

This is why people view you as an idiot, and why we don't believe that your SVX runs 14s.

- Rob
im past the point of regarding anything you say as thought invoked.

but my point was that maybe it was a modified version of the eg33. keep your skepticism under control.

edit: oh yeah, if my buddy's 10 second all engine dirt track nova can push almost 400hp to the wheels, then a lot of things are possible.

edit2: luck of the devil he just walked in. he says its definitely possible, albeit extremely unlikely.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 10-10-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:20 PM
tong

For those wondering the displacement on the rotary it's actualy 1.3 litters per rotor and there are two rotors so it's 1.3 x 2 wich is supposed to be 2.6 but they don;t call it that cause it doesn't make the kind of power a 2.6 does. Anyways anyting is possible, those saying a 2.0 can't do like 400 horse? Go look at almost every nhra drag site this is the hottest thing, they got a 2.2 litter from a sunbird or cavalier doing over 1000 hp (let me get a link before Chicane starts threadcrapping as always)

here it is: http://www.ecmotorsports.com/news.html#Ecotec

HEADLINE IS: ECOTEC 2.2 PERFORMANCE

True it might be twin turbo (one turbo per 2 exhaust ports, the pipping is just outrageous) but still 1000+ hp out of 2.2 litters leaves me to beleive that 3.3 aught to be able to bring at least 600 hp.

P.S. Chicane if you spent as much time driving your SVX as you do thread crapping, no one would ever hear from you.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
daaaaaaamn.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:01 PM
tong

Oh even better i found a better description with better info.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...ar.mv&num=1666
Old 10-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by tong
Anyways anyting is possible, those saying a 2.0 can't do like 400 horse?
True it might be twin turbo (one turbo per 2 exhaust ports, the pipping is just outrageous) but still 1000+ hp out of 2.2 litters leaves me to beleive that 3.3 aught to be able to bring at least 600 hp.
modded WRX's get 400 or more hp out of 2.0L - that's not extremely difficult with forced induction. what i think is unlikely is that they get that from a NORMALLY ASPIRATED 3.3L six.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-10-2003, 09:00 PM
sans SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

modded WRX's get 400 or more hp out of 2.0L - that's not extremely difficult with forced induction. what i think is unlikely is that they get that from a NORMALLY ASPIRATED 3.3L six.
Yeah, there's no doubt that 500 HP is possible with forced induction. The issue here is the maximum HP attainable without forced induction.

Visit my locker

Old 10-10-2003, 11:09 PM

ride

Last edited by svxpert; 01-20-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
im past the point of regarding anything you say as thought invoked.
This coming from a 'rap fan' who has no grasp on the English language and thinks his beat up stuck throttle bodied mistimed piece of crap SVX runs 14s....

Quote:
but my point was that maybe it was a modified version of the eg33. keep your skepticism under control.
Gee, ya think? I don't recall any eg33's that made 500hp stock, so of course it'd have to be modified.

Quote:
edit: oh yeah, if my buddy's 10 second all engine dirt track nova can push almost 400hp to the wheels, then a lot of things are possible.

Your buddy either has more displacement than 3.3 liters, OR, he is using forced induction. Since you said NOVA, I'm guessing its a 350 small block at the very least, and according to the same equation (and another one)

350 cubic inches
Convert Cubic Inches to Liters = Cubic Inches X .016386
350 X .016386= 5.737 liters

which means with a redline of 7 grand on said small block displacing 5.737 liters, and made 500hp (you said 400 to the wheels so add on quite a bit), would have a mep of

500hp/ (7*5.737) = 12.4 which is ENTIRELY BELIEVABLE.

But getting 500hp out of an NA 3.3 liter is COMPLETE CRAP.

I hate stupid people. Go blast some tupac and live your life 17 seconds at a time, PAL.

- Rob
Old 10-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by tong
True it might be twin turbo
EXACTLY YOU FREAKING WANKER.

The story was your dumbass 'gangsta' friend saying that 500hp out of a NATURALLY ASPIRATED 3.3 liter was possible. IT ISNT. Obviously you cannot freaking read, or you would have read this. If you're talking forced induction (that means a TURBO or a SUPERCHARGER), or nitrous, then this theory is completely useless.

I don't know wtf is wrong with everyone. ALL I AM SAYING, is that getting 500hp out of a naturally aspirated 3.3 liter IMPOSSIBLE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORDS YOU SEE ON THIS SCREEN, WHEN PUT TOGETHER FORM A SENTANCE WHICH SHOULD HOPEFULLY TRANSLATE INTO IDEAS AND MEANINGS INSIDE YOUR HEAD.

Freaking MORONS. ARGH.

Quote:
Chicane if you spent as much time driving your SVX as you do thread crapping, no one would ever hear from you.
If you'd actually read what I ****ing said then you wouldn't have brought up a twin turbo ****ing piece of **** J body. BY THE WAY, just so you know Scott Moeler, who drives a DODGE NEON, just annhilated the all motor records, so take your j-body twin turbo link and put it in a very uncomfortable place, ignorant fool.

- Rob
Old 10-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

OWNED!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 03:58 PM
tong

Wow you are as ignorant as you seem.

1. I mentioned the turbo just to say that anything is possible.
2. No where in this thread was it ever mentioned that the Car being mentioned retained the stock displacement. (and knowing what we all know about subaru's team of tunners i can bet it probably doesn't.)
3. For somone with a lot of car knowledge, you know nothing because even the newest car enthusiast knows how a rotary is displaced; lol 3 chambers = 3.9 lol; each rotor all by itself displaces 1.3 litters that's one rotor with 3 chambers in case i confused your small brain, and every one knows every rx-7 had either a 1.2 liter or a 1.3 liter 2 rotor motor so you double it to get a close assumption of displacement.

qoute by chicane

I don't know wtf is wrong with everyone. ALL I AM SAYING, is that getting 500hp out of a naturally aspirated 3.3 liter IMPOSSIBLE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORDS YOU SEE ON THIS SCREEN, WHEN PUT TOGETHER FORM A SENTANCE WHICH SHOULD HOPEFULLY TRANSLATE INTO IDEAS AND MEANINGS INSIDE YOUR HEAD.

Freaking MORONS. ARGH.

Morons? Furthermore go check out porche's gt3 race car not the street version the race car it's a 3.6L boxer and last i checked it pushes 420hp and that's only cause of the class limitations (http://www.mcarsweb.com/porsche/gt3rs.htm) if you do some research you'll find taht the car is well capable of over 500 hp and that's from a 3.6 L NA track car YES NA so 3.3 liter boxer is well capable of 450 Hp, and no one in here said the displacement was stock (READ PLEASE THIS COUNTRY SUFFERS FROM ENOUGH IGNORANCE) also no one said it wasn't.

Quote posted by chicane towards NikFu S.

This coming from a 'rap fan' who has no grasp on the English language and thinks his beat up stuck throttle bodied mistimed piece of crap SVX runs 14s....

Who's the one who has no grasp of english, from what I can attain from your posts you lived here all your life and STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL. References you ask? Read some of your posts. NikFu S. is at least trying.

Oh and the most they gotten out of a naturaly aspired 350 small block on 92 octane pump gas is 562 hp(last i checked) so redo the calculations, actualy don't seing as a 3.9 displacement for a 13b rotary is what you came up with i don't trust your math or "knowledge".

And to prove my Original point of thread crapping:

You had to make two posts in an atempt to make people look bad, and with a knowledge is superseeded by my cat, in fact you are sooo stupid i remeber you started a post asking how to check your ATF level, anyone and i mean anyone who has had the least amount of mechanical experience knows how to check their ATF (and nooooo it don't change from car to car) sooo furthermore, with your sh!tty math and cr@py knowledge i think you are the last person anyone in here should be listening to.

With as much time on your hands as it seems you have, i can conlude a few things:

You're either single or such an ass that your BF/GF can't stand you either;

You're actualy SO large from sitting in front of the PC ThreadCrapping that you no longer can fit behind the wheel of your SVX;

You are sooo self centered that you have to be right all the time;

And you are racist and/or narow minded (comment about 2pac)

so i conclude my post with this small comment: http://madkoala.madnom.com/

And if i remeber correctly, the OP of the thread did not mention anything about thread crapping so please keep it out of this WHOLE forum because i don't think anyone appreciates it.

Last edited by tong; 10-11-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Talking Hey Doug

I'll get the beer if you get the popcorn!

Awaiting the next volley in the "You don't know *%&^$#@*() about cars you ^&&$%*+##@ moron" war!

Todd