How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-19-2001, 11:13 AM
RRX

WRX sighting

I saw two on the road Saturday. A blue one and a white one. I think they look better in person, but nothing spactacular. They look boring. The old body style was much better and aggresive looking. I agree with 1994SubaruSVX. If they were to bring out another svx and mess it up like that, they would be better off leaving it alone.
Old 03-19-2001, 11:23 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
WRX? I don't get it.

You can pretty it up outside or inside. You can make it quick as lightning. It will never be anything more than a fast neon/sentra/corolla.

I've seen a 454 in a chevette. No matter how fast it went, it was still a chevette.

I can't understand what all the fuss is about this WRX.

Just my opinion. That and $1 will get you an expresso.

PS. I'm mostly writing this to get the feel of posting on this new board.

Doug
Old 03-19-2001, 11:37 AM
micah

I'm guessing Car magazine didn't pay any mind to the fact it was "just an impreza" when they named it Car of the Decade.

The car is not just a big engine in an econocar body. It is a perfectly balanced, rally-bred, AWD car with a heritage of winning races.

People have different priorities, but to me an AWD car that goes to 60 in 5.5 and does the quarter in the mid 14's, stock, is worth fussing over. The car just blows away everything else in its class.

And, to be honest, I'm glad they didn't go with the boy-racer looks on this one. It's conservative looks will make it less appealing to the chrome rims crowd, making it more available to people who appreciate the mechanicals.

Just my $0.02
mbs
Old 03-19-2001, 12:24 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Doug, first of all, I'll have to agree with you there. I think you and I are of the same opinion that form should compliment function. I mean, remember the Vega funny cars? Now that was a FUNNY car. But, like you said, that, and a dollar . . .

I'm glad you're giving the board another try. I think I've found a way arund your frustration with "new posts." I work it like this. I start at the "Subaru SVX forum." Then, I click "view new posts." When finished reading the first post I want and posting (if I wish), then, I return to "Subaru SVX forum", click "View new posts" again, and it takes me back to new posts and shows the post I just visited as "read" -- That way I can keep track. I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but, the time it takes to make the steps is often quicker than it takes for the "next" post to load on Yahoo (that's not a "slam" -- simply my experience).
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-19-2001, 12:45 PM

Site Navigation

OK, I'm going to show my stupidity.

I went to the main forum, clicked on "view new posts"
Then I clicked on the right facing arrow that has a caption of "go to last post".
Then I read the message and scrolled up to the top where I clicked on "Home"
Then I clicked on "view new posts" and it still showed the same forum, thread and message in the list.

So I tried the whole process again and again, each time clicking on a diferent item in the "view new posts" area. I tried clicking on the Down Arrow "go to first post", the thread name, the forum, and the right arrow "last post" again. Each time I got the same results. The "view new posts" shows me the message from you that I just finished reading.

The only way I can get them to stop is to click on the "Mark all forums read" on the main forum page.

What am I doing wrong?

Doug
Old 03-19-2001, 01:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
First of all, don't click "Home". Scroll back to the top and click "Subaru SVX Forum." Then, click "view new posts." Then, click the post you want to review. Click the "down facing arrow" marked "go to last post." Once you've finished viewing, or posting to that post, scroll back to the top and click "Subaru SVX Forum" (Not Main Forum, or Home), then click "view new posts" again. The post you had just visited should now be marked with a "closed envelope" and the remainder of the posts you haven't visited will show open ones. Once you've reviewed all the posts, then go back to "Subaru SVX Forum" and click "mark all forums read." Then, minimize and when you come back, click the "refresh" button to see if your "green svx's" turn "yellow" to indicate new posts.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-19-2001, 01:57 PM

I get it!

Now I understand. That works, but it is kind of cumbersome.

If only I could get rid of the SVX logo off of the site. People walk by and wonder they are paying me small sums of money to look at an SVX site. With the Yahoo site, I had a favorite set up to open the message area full screen. Just text, No one knew what I was doing when they walked by.

I played with that here and it keeps formatting the screen with the whole site.

At least I can navigate through here now. Thanks RWJ. I'll have to buy you and the missus your 3rd round since Larry's got the first and someone else (I can't remember who) who was getting the 2nd.

Doug
Old 03-19-2001, 02:23 PM
Rev Hard

you mean 6.4 right?

<<People have different priorities, but to me an AWD car that goes to 60 in 5.5 >>

cause 6.4 is what subaru is advertising and i hope they didnt misprint all those ads!

PAUL!
Old 03-19-2001, 03:06 PM

Registered SVX
Doug, I'll take you up on that round Meanwhile, we've been trying to recruit some GFX artists to put a new face to the forum. Although Chris did a great job, we really need some folks to submit some new and exciting graphics that will make this site even more beautiful. If you know of anyone, that's familiar with "what it takes," send them our way (prefereably an SVXer, since this site has been created by and for the SVXer). Submissions can be made by going to the "News" section, which can be accessed by clicking www.subaru-svx.net at the bottom of the page.
Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by Aredubjay; 03-19-2001 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2001, 04:57 PM
RRX

WRX

They don't look that bad, But Most people prefer the previous aggressive looks, no matter if they put chrome rims on thier car or not.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:28 PM
Headed to Texas...

Wink WRX? Ummm . . . yeah, I think so!

Back when I was lurking on the I-club board, it was pretty much filled up with the same sentiments about the WRX as I'm seeing here on this site: "Looks like a Neon", "not agressive enough", "looks like a corolla", "I like the old one better", "it's nothin' special", and so on.
I can't argue style with you - you either like it or you don't - but as for the rest of it, I gotta say "I DON'T GET IT".
Reading through the literature - mechanically speaking - it sounds like a baby SVX! Let's see: 227 HP turbo engine, AWD, MANUAL TRANNY, stiffened-up body structure . . . NO WAIT - it's sounding even better! And people are yawning???
I'll say it again, I won't be trading my SVX in for one - but I WILL get one, sooner or later.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 03-21-2001, 10:19 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Drove one today

DO NOT drive a WRX, as the experience is likely to create overwhelming cravings to buy one. You may experience uncontrolled adrenalin rushes, resulting in shaking, cold chills and sweating. It may also cause you to abandon your better judgement, and actually go Honda hunting. You make even be tempted to try to tackle bigger game, such as Mustang GTs and Pontiacs. In short, Wow! But then, maybe I'm just easily impressed.

As someone mentioned, the doors do seem small, compared to the SVX. However, I had no trouble getting into the car. The doors are much lighter than the SVX's, but then, so is the whole car. I found the cockpit entirely adequate for me, and I'm not a terribly small person (6', 220lbs.) The car strikes me as more nimble than the SVX, and I liked having a 5-speed manual (although my stick-shift skills need honing). I only wish I had the time to get a bit more confident with the car, and take on some of the windy back roads around here. When the aftermarket parts for this car kicks in, I think there's going to be a lot of nice bolt-on goodies, too.

And, the headlights do NOT look like a Neon's. No way, once you actually see the car, would you make that mistake. If you think the WRX's headlight are wild, wait until you see the ones on the 2002 WRC car.

Yeah, Jerry, I'm with you. I want one! (Whimper, whine)
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 03-21-2001, 10:48 AM
Headed to Texas...

Bill, I have the perfect candidate for "Official Meet Photographer": SVXphile (Don).
Don took some fantastic digital pics at the Snowshoe Meet, and don't let him tell you otherwise!

Oh, and BTW - your mention of Earl Duff's ultimate door prize had me breaking into the cold sweats!
This year, "probably not" but maybe he could hold onto it for next year?

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 03-21-2001, 11:32 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Yeah, Don tries to tell us he's technically illiterate, but we know better, don't we? I hope he will consent to being the official meet photog.

Don't know why Tim wouldn't do it next year - hopefully, there's be a 2002 WRX, or something else to get excited about.

Yes, I shouldn't have driven it. I just knew I shouldn't, but there you are. I want a blue or green one, without the spoiler. Makes it look even less impressive. But, it's the view from the driver's seat that counts, and from there, it's great.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:35 PM
Headed to Texas...

Wink Wagons, HO!

I'm kind of partial to the WRX Sport Wagon, any color would do - but silver would be cool.
I have grown accustomed to the practicality of the Legacy wagon, plus it adds to the "sleeper" quality of the car.

jnj7707@yahoo.com