Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 10-08-2002, 02:40 PM

from the Northwest I-Club Forum:

"Berns" says:

"I just wanted to let all of you know that on October 27th (Sunday), Subaru of America will host a track day at Portland International Raceway (PIR). If you are a Subaru owner, you will have the opportunity to take your car on the PIR track with instruction from a local driving school. Also there will be a car show, door prizes from Subaru and verious vendors that support the Subaru product(s), and many more evnets and seminars to attend."

(...sounds like fun for SVX's too!)
Old 10-08-2002, 03:04 PM

Official Website for "Taste of Subaru" @ PIR

http://www.subaruwest.com/taste_of_subaru.asp

more from Berns:

Track Day Participants: Once you register for the track day, Subaru and Campbell Productions will go through the forms to see what class you belong in according to how you answer the questions on the form. There will be a total of 75 drivers for the track day portion. The 75 participants will be chosen randomly from applications submitted. Cost for the track day wil be $25... and there will be no charge for general admission. Something else to keep in mind is that ALL Track Day participants need to be there for the whole duration (it would be unfair for anyone who could have stayed for the event). Participants should expect to be at the track from 8:00am to 4:00pm.

Car Show Participant: All car show participants need to email me at: bernie@specclub.com this way I can get all of the details of your car for the flier (maybe). This will also give us an idea of how much food to bring. Participants should expect to be at the car show portion from 9:00am to 2:00pm. (Judging will be at sometime in the early afternoon). Prizes will be provided by Subaru of America. We are looking for all different types of Subarus!!!

Car Vendors: All car vendors must email me ASAP. I'm looking of having the cut-off date be before October 20th. The sooner you get your email to me the better spot you'll have reserved for you. As of right now I have the following Aftermarket Vendors confirmed:
Carr Subaru Parts and Accessories
SPO Motorsports
RalliTek
Alta Sports
Hairpin Racing
Primitive Enterprises
Precision Brakes Company
ClearBra of Oregon
PIAA
Weapon*R

If you are a vendor and not on this list and would like to participate please email me. Also if you are a vendor you must display Subaru Parts and Accessories. Also Vendors are responsible for their own transactions. The vendoros must setup at 7:00am. Vendors should expect to be at the event from 7:00am to 4:00pm (depending on attendance).

Volunteers: I'm still looking for Volunteers. Subaru of America will be providing Event T-Shirts in appreciation of volunteer help. We all know that without volunteers, events like this can not happen. I'm looking for individuals that are willing to give up a couple of hours (at the most) to help out. I want all of the volunteers to be able to participate in the events.

Activities:
Mark Lovell will be there with the Subaru USA Rally Car. There will be hot-laps provided by ProRally Rally Drivers (Mark Lovell and Paul Eklund). However, Track Day participants will not be able to qualify for the rides from Mark Lovell and Paul Eklund for equal participation to other attendies.

Graham Evens, from Prodrive, will be there for some seminars and some Q&A.

Subaru Partners will also be there doing some demonstrations and activies. Some of these activities will include:
Gary Fisher bike demos
Bike Repair and Maintnance Clinic
Rock Climbing Wall
Ski and Snowboard presentations

There will be a "Wet Track" there so that people can experience driving conditions that may consist of hydro-plaining or aqua-plaining. This will be open to the Track Day participants in the morning and will be open to the Subaru participants in the late morning to afternoon and then open to the public.

Cell Phone Challenge:
This will be a short driving track that will involve a cell phone to show how driving with a cell phone can be distracting.

Child Safety Seat Inspection:
This inspection will check the child safety seat and the teachings of how to properly install a child safety seat. All Inspectors are certified to install and check child safety seats.

On a side note:
There will be a RallyCross on October 26th. Mark Lovell will be there in the morning (most likely he will NOT participate, but just watch and have fun). In the afternoon, he will be at Carr Subaru for an autograph session and he and Grahm Evans will be there to do a Q&A session.

The Friday before the Event (October 25th) there will be a TSD Rally (Ghouls Revenge... I believe is the name) in the area. Please visit the Oregon Rally Group for more information.

The reason I bring this up, is it would be cool if we (all of you!) would make a huge Subaru weekend out of the Event.

I hope that this helps you out in your decision making. If you have any questions, please... PLEASE email me at: bernie@specclub.com.

Thanks...
Berns

(...road trip?)
Old 10-08-2002, 04:25 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Wow this sounds like it will be a HUGE Subaru event. Hopefully some SVXes will be there to represent!

Not sure if that is doable for me, but at the very least I would hope some of our Portland area members could show up there.

Jim - you thinking of driving down?

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 10-08-2002, 04:56 PM

Thumbs up

..yeah, giving thought to leaving at oh-dark-thirty that sunday morning. I haven't had a chance to look at the registration forms yet; will know more after that...
Old 10-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Jim

Keep me posted, I may be up for it and drive down with you if you go. I don't know yet. I will check my schedule and see if it is a possibility.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 10-09-2002, 11:40 AM

more details from Berns:

As for the registration for the track day, you are not too late. You
have till midnight tonight to register. So go ahead and register. If
there are more then 75 drivers (which there already are), then we will do a lottery. So you still have a chance. There will basically be a couple of different groups. Such as Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. So there is going to be more Beginners than there are Advanced, so if you have experience out at PIR then make sure to mention it.

There are a ton of different things going on that day. Yes, many in which Subaru West failed to mention. That's because at the time they wrote that some of the things have not been confirmed. However, we are looking good at the activities that I had mentioned.

If you get picked or not picked for the track day, one of the things
that you'll want to do at least is sign up for the car show. It's free
and think of it as reserved parking on (or near) the paved area. This show is meant to be serious and fun. So there will be some serious categories and fun categories (like dirties, most miles, etc.). So please email me back if you or anyone else who owns a Subaru with the following information:

First and Last Name:
Year of Car: (2002, 2000, 1997, etc.)
Model: (Impreza, Legacy, Forester, etc.)
Version: (2.5RS, WRX, GT, SVX, etc.)
Type: (Sedan, Coupe, Wagon, etc.)
Color: (Sedona Red, WR Blue, Aspen White, etc.)

I look forward to hearing from you. Keep in mind that the Track Day and the Car Show are different events, so you must email me if you are going to do the Car Show. Remember that if you do the Track Day that you will also be able to do the Car Show... so why not do the Car Show too!!!

Thanks,
Berns
Old 10-09-2002, 01:32 PM
I_Alcyone_I

I'll register, hopefully I will be able to make it.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:36 PM
I_Alcyone_I

That would be cool if the 3 of us could meet up and drive down together.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:53 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Did anyone end up going to this thing?
Old 11-04-2002, 08:11 AM

Thumbs down taste of subaru

Quote:
Originally posted by ivtemt
Did anyone end up going to this thing?
not I...