Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Canadian Forums
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 AM

Registered SVX
Re: The Journey Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath View Post
i'ts actually the warranty manager that owns the black 6mt/dccd SVX that i had. he jumped on it as soon as i was negotiating how much/little they were going to give me for the two cars - low ballers
and a sales guy from the suzuki side owns the liquid silver SVX that you've been seeing
The black one has had the rear deck spoiler, the power antenna and rear wiper removed. Sure gives it a different look. Saw the JDM emblem on the hood.

That guy on the Suzuki side is the sales manager for both brands. He said the car came from Ottawa. His is very stock. He actually sort of offered it to me when I bought the Dark Teal. I think his plan was if I wanted his, he would take the Teal.

They were all still seriously whining about how good a deal they gave me. During the negotiations, the owner got into a real shouting match with me, I thought it would come to blows, he actualy followed me out to my car as I was trying to walk away, screaming at me all the way. He still can't look at me.
92 SVX LS-L - Teal- 254,000 KLM
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM
Old 04-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX

i would say the owner of scarboro subaru admitted to stereotyping/discrimination because of the way i looked during the negotiations. i had long hair back then

as for the jdm Alcyone emblem - i bought that from here on a group buy. i figured it would have really suited the black car - the idea was to try to buy the jdm rear centre light to make it completely unknown (as for company badging)
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
and the other "blue" one in oshawa is the C&C subaru owner's daughter's car.
i think it used to be black or silver.

i think we can classify ourselves as svx stalkers :P
You wanna talk about stalking?

Yesterday was like a day like no other, as I was driving home from the office, I came upon two on the road. I thought "How strange is that" you might go a year without seeing one on the road

I passed a liquid silver on Royal York going the other way.

Then a guy in a red one pulled up along side me on the Lakeshore, He made a left onto Islington and I scooted around the block to try and catch him. He had parked so I parked across from him and got out and asked some questions, He was a little freaked at first. Really didn't know the significance of what he was driving. Said it had been in his family since new, I took down the details and have posted them in registrations

He said they are probably going to sell it. I gave him my car and told him to call me. The car is excellent, only 118,000 KLM

Now thats stalking!
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath View Post
i would say the owner of scarboro subaru admitted to stereotyping/discrimination because of the way i looked during the negotiations. i had long hair back then

as for the jdm Alcyone emblem - i bought that from here on a group buy. i figured it would have really suited the black car - the idea was to try to buy the jdm rear centre light to make it completely unknown (as for company badging)
That guy (the owner) is a maniac

I toyed with them for 3 weeks from mid January to early February. Each time I walked away from their best offer, I'd tell them that if they didn't sell it to me they would have to send it to auction and probably soon. I gave them all my card told them to call me when they did and I'd go to the auction and pick it up for $800. They'd reply that it will be "as is where is" not certified. I'd reply "You think I'm worried? I've driven the car twice, I know it doesn't need much" They'd all whince and then I'd remind them that my son-in-law was mechanic and it wouldn't cost me much to get whatever it needed done.

The day I picked it up, the owner didn't come out of his office.

They never had a chance
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM
Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

I got my SVX for free.. Well, I paid the impound fee and then it was mine.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 04-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I got my SVX for free.. Well, I paid the impound fee and then it was mine.
Ok, but

That begs to ask ...... how much was the impound fee ????
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM