Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-14-2009, 07:06 PM

Re: Car show :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaROO View Post
Gremlins can be pretty cool though. :P Fun drag cars.
Mine is all original, 232 straight 6 with a tiny one barrel carburetor and an automatic, so I can barely beat an '80s diesel Rabbit. Doesn't even have 40,000 miles on it yet.

This was from the day I bought it last year:

It was repainted a few years ago, but it is the original color. It does have a 1976 X stripe on it though, I guess someone decided they like that more than the 1975 one, no big deal.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Re: Car show :-)

I took my 87 turbowagon to the car show at Wyotech when I went there, they had flyers and such all over the school encouraging students to bring their cars, and that all cars were welcome. When my buddy and I got there, he had a 1980 Datsun 310, the guy who was working at the sign up area just walked up to him and said "Oh, spectator parking is over there" and pointed. He was like no, I'm entering the show... So I get up there and this girl walks up to me and she's like "Well, this is a sanctioned event and there are standards, and your car has to fit into a category" So I asked her what the categories were, and she rattled them off and when she got to Sport Compact I said "OK Sport Compact!" and she just looks at me and says "OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS???" I said I was told the show was open to all, here's my $10 entry fee... So she snatches it out of my hand, and pretty much throws the entry form at me... Neither one of us won anything, but I think the Sport Compact category had like, 6 cars in it, and we were like, the only two cars that wouldn't be classified as "rice" by most of the people here.

Here's a picture of it

What's not visible is the like 98 Cavalier, white with a bright orange splash decal on the side, a cold air intake, fart can, Erector set wing, and a bunch of chrome/powdercoated orange accessories under the hood. It was also way slower than my 87 turbowagon but I think it was the car that got 1st place in the sport compact category... I wasn't trying to win anything though, we just wanted to represent the "old school" side of the sport compact/import crowd...
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta