Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-07-2008, 02:04 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourConfused View Post
As always I am happy to have your input on things as it is a wall of logic. Just for the sanity of this forum I am willing to put up with a large amount of crap just so others are able to learn from my misfortune. I would like to be one of those guys that has a great day every day, but I am just left to deal with my life as it is.
Misfortune? Do not take it lying down.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourConfused View Post
Well to start off, I did like the line of thinking that YT has posted, but didn't know what wires I was looking for so I didn't get much from those ideas. (but now I know where to look and will find the issue soon)

I wasn't trying to bring all of the trans issues out in the open forum here, as I have been pm and calling LAN about this stuff. (bad shifting, not shifting and other things) Trying not to point the finger at anyone or anything yet. I wanted to disclose all the facts in a review thread for the trans so the public here can know what is fact as per my personal experience with this product. He is working w/ me on this stuff, but I thought I was getting a plug and play item and not a can of worms. (Just a quickie: It shifts super fast and is much better than stock, closest comparison is a Z06 action, so when it works correctly it will be SUPER awesome!)

I got tcu code 24 the first time I started the car with the transmission installed. I was having the ecu code 14-24 issue as per the other thread last month. The result of that was water in a open (now sealed as it should have been from the factory) MAF connector from when I was trying to clean off the motor of the leaking p.s. pump's fluid. (another bad part on this car) I pm'd LAN that I had an issue but was going to wait until I sorted out the motor issue to deal with it. (IN SHORT: TCU CODE 24. DUTY SOLENOID C)

LAN is sending me a new solenoid and tail housing gasket to fix this.

I likely culprit is that there is some sort of connection between the fwd acting intermittent and a bad solenoid. Like Trevor stated, an intermittent fault is a pita to deal with.

Today in fact I had no issue w/ the fwd not doing it's job. This may be random, or it may be related to the fact that I cleaned the terminals on both plugs going to the trans last night. Who knows?

I now have what appears to be all the info needed to find my problem.
Being that the issue of topic in this thread is not common tends to make me think that there is something rather obvious that is causing all of this.

"I would strongly suggest checking for codes, as well as testing as suggested and report back. Once these results are available we should be close to a conclusion. " If things go as planned we will be at this point tomorrow. I want to go visit some SVX friends in San Antonio this weekend and I had better be driving my SVX as my truck is being held together with hope. (I hope it doesn't finally die on me)
The problem is, the solenoid is working... But for some reason or another, it loses signal or grounds out, etc... There is an electrical issue here. I would HIGHLY suggest you troubleshoot it per the instructions in this thread rather than throw parts at it

TOm