Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 PM

the insurance company considers a car a total loss at 80% of the cars value and of course they value the car as low as they can. It really sucks because you can't just pay 80% of the bill for your policy. keep the car and fix it I know of a good frame shop near me they pulled the frame on my work truck for $400 and it drove straight as an arrow. hope this helps........
Old 06-22-2007, 05:22 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Thanks guys... the $2800 estimate to fix it was still to only repair the visible damage with new parts. That does not cover the underbody or any kind of suspension damage for later. The adjuster told me that once they file another supplement claim for that damage the estimate would be more than the value of the car.

So basically they just paid the body shop $1400 for storage (but they didn't do squat) and when I asked them they said they dont have any parts on hand so I'm under the assumption that they knew this car was going to be a loss so they didn't evenbother doing anything.

I have until Tuesday to go pick up the car. What I will do is hire a tow truck to tow it from the shop back to my house for around $60 bucks and fill the tires with air, top off coolant and atf and patch the bottom radiator with duct tape so i can drive it up the driveway until I can tow it somewhere else, possibly young toms.

the good news is they are paying me the $3500 for car and I dont have to buy it back. The insurance company doesn't want it because they said they would get $25 for salvaging it. The title stays clean. I'm not sure if I have to pay the deductible when I get to the body shop (which is $500)

As far as what I know.... I know the front passenger side rim is bent, I need to order a new silla radiator, front bumper, and i would imagine a radiator support.... maybe also control arms and new ball joints would be a good idea while i'm down there. I would think that I can get this car fixed for less than $1000 in parts.

Maybe its time for the Koni/GC coilovers and RX8 rims too

As far as the frame shop blippi, I'm not entirely sure if the frame is bent. maybe I should take it to a frame shop first to get straightened and then tow it somewhere else. Where is that shop located?

Although I am keeping the svx, it no longer is going to be my daily driver. It is going to be my weekend car because I can drive my 04 beetle for work (the Geek Squad GeekMobile) and I just picked up a 92 Corolla to go to school. It probably is going to be stressful trying to fix this car but it won't be that bad knowing I have other transportation.
2012 Camry V6 SE

Last edited by Tim; 06-22-2007 at 05:30 AM.