Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-15-2002, 02:41 PM

Wish me luck...

I'm in the process of getting a 1996 LSi. So far it's looking pretty good, and I'm waiting on the CarFax details even as I type this. I'm all giddy. WOOHOO
Old 04-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Wish me luck...

Quote:
Originally posted by QA Man
I'm in the process of getting a 1996 LSi. So far it's looking pretty good, and I'm waiting on the CarFax details even as I type this. I'm all giddy. WOOHOO
Perhaps we should re-name these forums "Giddy City,", it seems to be the general state of emotion of the SVX owner. Good luck, QA!!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-15-2002, 09:12 PM

An update

Just wanted to give you an update on the car. I have placed a $500 deposit for the dealership to hold the car.

Here is the specifics:
1996 Subaru SVX LSi AWD
Polo Green with Tan leather interior
Power everything
Moonroof
Security System
Cassette/CD Player
57,302 miles

The salesman faxed me a copy of the CarFax report and it passed with flying colors. Only 1 owner and no reported accidents. The wheels are now set in motion. Charles will be faxing me the Buy Order in the morning with all the specifics. Since I have not seen the car, they have agreed that the purchase is contingent upon my approval. I checked the blue book listing for this model, and it came up at around $14,500. I'm getting it for $11,900. The only bad part about this, I have to drive approximately 400 miles to Virginia to pick it up. Small price to pay if you ask me. Fortuantely, I used to live in the area, so accomodations for my overnight stay is not an issue. The salesman is even coming in on a Sunday so we can finalize the deal.

Any advice from the rest of you as to what I should be prepared to ask when I get there?

Thanks for any input.

Regards
QA "Future SVX Owner" Man
Old 04-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I would just check the car over very thoroughly. Mechanically, mostly, just to see if any of the common SVX problems are there or appear be surfacing.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Which part of Virginia? We have members in that neck of the woods. They'd probably be happy to accompany you to the dealership for the delivery, and give her a look-see.

Okay folks -- that's what this Network's for. Somebody pipe up and offer to help QA check out his new purchase, so's he don't get hosed.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-15-2002, 11:42 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: An update

Quote:
Originally posted by QA Man
Just wanted to give you an update on the car. I have placed a $500 deposit for the dealership to hold the car.

Here is the specifics:
1996 Subaru SVX LSi AWD
Polo Green with Tan leather interior
Power everything
Moonroof
Security System
Cassette/CD Player
57,302 miles

The salesman faxed me a copy of the CarFax report and it passed with flying colors. Only 1 owner and no reported accidents. The wheels are now set in motion. Charles will be faxing me the Buy Order in the morning with all the specifics. Since I have not seen the car, they have agreed that the purchase is contingent upon my approval. I checked the blue book listing for this model, and it came up at around $14,500. I'm getting it for $11,900. The only bad part about this, I have to drive approximately 400 miles to Virginia to pick it up. Small price to pay if you ask me. Fortuantely, I used to live in the area, so accomodations for my overnight stay is not an issue. The salesman is even coming in on a Sunday so we can finalize the deal.

Any advice from the rest of you as to what I should be prepared to ask when I get there?

Thanks for any input.

Regards
QA "Future SVX Owner" Man
Sounds like a good deal. You're not likely to get hosed on a low-mileage (anything with less than 100k is low-mileage on a SVX ) '96, and with the added benefit of Polo Green, what more could you ask for? Most of the owners that do the griping have '92's. I might have a problem buying a '92~'93, but I'd jump at the chance to get a '96.

(Oh man. I think I just stepped in something. )
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-16-2002, 05:13 AM

The SVX is located in Chantilly VA at the Pohanka Lexus dealership. I'll give more details today as to when I will be arriving.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:05 PM

Yet another update

Looks like well be traveling out to VA on Friday night, staying in a hotel, and then driving to the dealership on Saturday (probably as soon as they open hehehehe). I notified the dealership of the common problems and they will be putting it up on the rack tomorrow to check out my concerns. If anyone would like to head out there (provided you're in the area), you are more than welcome.

Thanks
QA
Old 04-17-2002, 08:44 AM

Registered SVX
Okay, guys. This is what the Network's for. If I were close by, I'd be there to offer support. Wouldn't it be great to have about five SVXers show up to watch this dealership hand over QA's SVX? Think they'd be nervous?

Show QA some support you guys!!!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
QA,
NEWSVX here. I live within 2 miles of the dealership. I would be delighted to assist you in any way I can. My name and phone number is in the phone book, but my number is (703) 793-0635. Call me when you get in Friday night, if you like. I have a '97 SVX (RED) and a '94 FWD that my son now has.

I have an appointment at 7:00 AM, but can probably be at the dealership by 9:00 AM.

BTW, my wife and I bought her '97 Lexus E300 at Pohanka and I have had some warranty work done there and have AWAYS been pleased with the service. I also know one of the sales folks there - Steve Gilmore, and another sales person (haven't met him yet) lives around the corner form me.

This sounds like fun. BTW, my cell phone number is (703) 963-3259 if we miss each other between now and Sat.

Also, if you are interested in staying for Sunday, we have our first autocross in Winchester - would love to have you!

Give me a call,
Harry Newman
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 04-17-2002, 01:34 PM

Change in plans

For some odd reason, the dealership didn't want to hold the car for me until Saturday, despite giving them a $500.00 deposit, and showing them proof of the loan which we secured. So, aside from being extremely suspicious, we are now traveling to VA tonight. They still need the car Thursday morning to complete preparations. So.......I'm kinda upset that I was forced into coming 2 days early, with no reason other than "My boss says we don't hold cars unless people are in transit to the dealership." Heh, they also said they would send me 1000 pictures if I wanted, but that I would have to FedEx the money to them today. Fat chance. I would never EVER buy a car without first inspecting the vehicle. If anyone can't be there tomorrow, I can understand, and I will let everyone know how it goes.

QA
Old 04-17-2002, 01:50 PM

Registered SVX
Hmmm. What happened to:

Quote:
Since I have not seen the car, they have agreed that the purchase is contingent upon my approval.
Plus, in your original post, you said:

Quote:
The salesman is even coming in on a Sunday so we can finalize the deal.
Sounds like our salesman found that it was going to be nice weather and scheduled a tee time.

I'd have to wonder why the change in tune. Suddenly we've gone from soft touch to hard ball. Did this happen AFTER they got your deposit? I don't blame you for being a bit agitated. Since they have to have it on Thursday, I don't see why it would hurt them to hold it one more darned day, especially since you've got a 400 mile drive ahead of you. Something stinks here.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-17-2002, 02:11 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
QA,
I'll check it out tonight. I have a meeting after work, but will drive by the dealership and see what I can find out. Call me tonight when you get in if it isn't too late.
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
Old 04-17-2002, 02:14 PM

Very agitated to say the least. This happened today around 12pm. I got a call from the salesmen stating that his boss said they couldn't hold it. I'm really not sure why the change in tune. Maybe they're just afraid that I'll change my mind after they do all the prep work for it. Oh well....hopefully this will all come to a happy ending tomorrow.

newsvx: Looks like we'll be leaving around 5 - 5:30pm from Colubmus OH...according to mapquest.com, it's about a 7 hour drive. We will be staying at the Sierra Suites Hotel in Chantilly if you want to give me a call very late tonight. The number is (703)263-7200. Just ask for Melinda Fink's room (I'm pretty sure she put it in her name).

Thanks
Tim Fink

Last edited by QA Man; 04-17-2002 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Tim,
I just got off the phone with Pohanka - talked with Eric (didn't catch his last name).

I think you are correct. The salesman was willing to hold the car, but them "management" got involved and said no way. They know it is a unique car, but I think they were surprised that it has such a "following".

Anyway, when I asked about the car, "Eric" told me the car was sold. I guess I had a little bite in my voice when I told him there was a fellow coming from Ohio to buy it, why wasn't he told that? "Eric" then told me that who they were "holding it for". They just couldn't hold it until Sat, I guess.

Anyway, I will ride by and check it out tonight after my meeting. I won't call you tonight - you won't be getting in until well after midnight, I'm sure. But call me on the cell in the morning at (703) 963-3259. I'll be at work, but that's okay. There is, unfortunately, no way I can get away from work tomorrow - management reviews and all that stuff. But perhaps we can talk in the morning.
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370