SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
GC Koni Strut Install

Getting GC Coilovers with Koni strut inserts. Have read old posts from Porter concerning new strut top mounts. Want to know exactly which part numbers I need to order for the new top mounts.

20320 - Strut Mount Front ... for sure
20521A Cap Strut Mount Upper ... ???
20326 Dust Seal Front Strut ... ????

20370A Strut Mount Rear Right ...for sure
20370B Strut Mount Rear Left ...for sure
N350013 self locking nut ...probably in case needs to be cracked to remove
20378 Guide Rear Strut Helper ...???

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance for your help.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

You're going to need a spring compressor.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 07-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Need ordering information

Probably not going to do the actual install myself as I need a complete alignment at the same time. Found a shop in northern New Jersey that does suspension work and alignments for both street and track applications. But, I want to minimize shop time, so I want to pre-order all the required parts. May well get urtheane swaybar bushings at the same time. Need to know what I need to order Thanks.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

Old 07-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Probably not going to do the actual install myself as I need a complete alignment at the same time. Found a shop in northern New Jersey that does suspension work and alignments for both street and track applications. But, I want to minimize shop time, so I want to pre-order all the required parts. May well get urtheane swaybar bushings at the same time. Need to know what I need to order Thanks.
Personally, I wouldn't get bushings unless you replace the ends as well for a street car. It'd just be a waste of money unless you do both. That said, if yours aren't there anymore it is also cheaper to replace with poly. I got some through Summit Racing. Check out this site for the part numbers. There is some fab work with the fronts, the rears not so much.

http://se30.dyndns.org:8080/SVX/svx_sport_parts.html

Honestly though if you wanna save work you can easily pull 'em yourself, take them to the shop to get put in your old struts then put 'em in yourself and then have a shop do the alignment. Unless you're going a zillion miles to get it done you'll be fine with a home alignment. At the very least you can remove the rear seat, side panels and deck cover. That alone would probably save ya $50 or so. If you yank 'em yourself as a unit you wouldn't even need to compress 'em and de spring 'em. You could let the shop do that. I'd guess this way you'd save enough to get all new strut mounts all around. (don't chuck your old ones though send 'em to me! I recycle 'em).
Old 07-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Strut Mount Part Numbers

If I'm buying new strut mounts. What part numbers do I need to buy. See my first email in this thread. Do I need to buy the Cap and the dust cover for the front strut mounts, and do I need to buy the Guide Rear Strut Helper.

Also, do you have a source for new urethane sway bar end bushings for the SVX.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The only Subaru parts I bought for my conversion were the 4 mounts...that's it.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:36 PM

Me too.

(Message was too short so I had to add this BS)

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
KCROGUEDOG

i tried to order my sh#T today g/c and konis and was on long distance hold for 30 min. so i hung up. but tommorrow is a new day. anyways where to get the strut mounts (napa) how much? and is this a must need for the install.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:19 AM

It is likely that top mounts are a Subaru only part, and they are not cheap. I'm remebering something like $300 for a set of 4.

If they are not worn, they do not need to be replaced. One of my cars has new top mounts, one does not.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I got my Koni's from Dayle and the Ground Control coil-over kit from Ground Control. the Eibach springs don't seem to come anymore in same ratings mentioned by Porter, which were 380 fr/ 325 r. The rears are either 230.64.49 (0900.250.0280) or 230.64.55 (0900.250.0315). Note that these are very broad metric conversions; 55 kg per cm translates into 307 lbs per in. rather than 315. The fronts are either 0800.250.0350 or 0800.250.0375. The 350 arrives marked as 200.64.59, which is really about 330 lb/in. Trying to maintain Porter's ratio, (Dayle's ratio is 200 lb/in fr/170 lb/in r) between front and rear, and accepting that pothole country might favor a slightly softer spring, I finally chose the 230.64.49 rear (274 lb.in) and the 200.64.59 fronts (330 lb/in).

Great place to buy OEM parts is http://www.subaruparts.com. Terrific drawings showing exactly the relationship of the parts. Pretty good prices, too. Source for Energy Suspension Bushings: http://www.suspension.com/s.b.bushings.htm, but you have to order by telephone, no on-line ordering, just a catalogue.

I have a pair of the Eibach 230.64.55 rears, if anyone would like to buy them. $80 for the pair.