How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-20-2001, 03:13 PM
SVXtremist

I know I'm an idiot, but please help

I went through and changed a bunch of fuses today, and now on my sensor panel by the steering wheel there is a light that says FWD. I'm assuming this means Front Wheel Drive? I don't know, what does it mean? When i bought it, there was no fuse in this slot, and i just added it today and I peel out if I accelerate too hard, so I'm assuming its front wheel drive. I don't have the stupid owners manual, so I'm guessing on alot of the little buttons and stuff. Does anyone have a manual they'd sell to me? or know where I might find one? Also, I'm having trouble with my rear windshield wiper, it's never worked before, and as I was driving on the highway, I noticed it was stuck in the "Up" position. I have no idea how it got there, because it's always been in the down position, and today while it was up it was making some kind of weird grinding noise like it was stuck. I tried everything to get the sucker back down but nothing worked. And now I can't get the thing to go back down. Any help on any of these things would be much appreciated. Thanks guys. I know I'm an idiot, don't laugh too hard.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:28 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Take out the fuse

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtremist
I went through and changed a bunch of fuses today, and now on my sensor panel by the steering wheel there is a light that says FWD. I'm assuming this means Front Wheel Drive? I don't know, what does it mean? When i bought it, there was no fuse in this slot, and i just added it today and I peel out if I accelerate too hard, so I'm assuming its front wheel drive. I don't have the stupid owners manual, so I'm guessing on alot of the little buttons and stuff.

By putting that fuse in you put the car in front wheel mode. It is there so the car can be run on a emission dyne or for other test
purposes, or if you have a flat tire and need to put on the spare. Take the fuse back out of the FWD slot and it will go back to normal.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:49 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

where to get a manual

call 1-800-subaru3 and ask for a manual. They will ship you one for free. Also you should let them know that you now own the car (you'll need the VIN number handy). That way when they finally recall all the SVXs to put in new transmissions, they will know where to find you.

Okay, maybe not, but it's nice to dream about it.

Cheers,
Matt