How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2004, 03:31 PM
ALCYTWO

Automatic belts not working related to fuse / relays ?

Like a lot of folks here, I have some problems with my drivers side automatic seatbelt not going "down" when I trun off the ignition. I have to open the door first.

The difference in my case is that mine started doing this after I pulled out and pushed back in every fuse and relay in both the underhood and kickpanel fuse boxes. Everything was fine before I did that two days ago, and it's been acting weird ever since.

Additionally, my seat belt warning light in the upper right side of the dash flashes continuously while driving.

There has GOT to be a relay involved that is not getting power to the motor when the ignition switch is is off. Can someone help? I don't think that this was just random - it happened immediately after I messed with the fuses and relays. I did recheck all fuses and relays and have good connections on them all, and none appear bad.

Thanks for any help!

Craig
'92 Pearlie w 100k
Old 04-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Tim-H

I'm not sure about the relays you are probobly right, but when mine did it i just got used to opening the door right before i shut the car off. After a while mine started working fine again, so you could wait it out , I've never gotten the belt warning flashing though. get a pipe cleaner and clean out the fuse contacts would be my suggestion. Sorry I didn't offer much help.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:47 PM
96svxer

There is a relay that is involved. It is in the seatbelt ECU though. Check my locker for pics. To solve problem entire ecu needs to be replaced. Works everytime. I think your problem may have been random.