Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 06:33 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

just so that this thread doesn't die...

Just watched the only reality TV show to ever make any sense. It was on Fox Arena Channel and it was touching. Probably a repeat but that really didn't matter because the content was so moving. I truely hope that it gets another repeat so that if you missed it you could catch up at a later date.

Basically it was the complex and gritty story of a dozen or so absolute stunners all competing to become a playmate of the month for Playboy.

It was both a painful and thought provoking story of a rags to riches tale. The veterinary student versus the single mom, the waitress versus the hostess, the good girl versus the trailer trash. Hissy fits, backstabbing intrigue and tears....lots of tears. God bless America for producing these documentaries, yes that is what they are- award winning documentaries- astute social commentaries on life.

All it needed to make it the best ever TV show produced in the history of TV would be a realistic car chase using an SVX through a bourbon distillery ending up in a mud wrestling pit......... gotta go my wife is back.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:54 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Exclamation Foxtel Digital

talk to me in about 2 weeks ..we have just moved address about 1km from where we are now and to move Foxtel to there we "have' to upgrade to their Digital service [comes in via our phone line - no dish as previous], so I'll let you know what I/kids think..

Dave

PS did you guys seen the pics of my red car since I've dressed it up some new paint [front guards, bonnet, bumper [big black plastic plate holder removed], mirrors, and rear 3/4 plastic panels, day running lights fitted, Alcyone badge fitted to bonnet !! off a Jap half cut I found in a wreckers in Bris] and 18 in wheels to finish off..not sure how to link, but try this

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=3
Old 04-12-2004, 03:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Not fair!!! The nice thing to do would be to send the red SVX down to Sydney where it can be lavished and cared for and I will talk to it and call it 'George'....*slaps face*

I am losing my mind!! Just saw Mark's red SVX yesterday - serious withdrawal symptoms!!

Your new SVX looks excellent!!!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:21 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
and I will talk to it and call it 'George'
Hmmm - what name should I give to my SVX??

As for the "withdrawal symptoms" - I can only suggest that you attend the next "sunday meet" - whenever that will be!!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 04-13-2004, 06:47 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Thumbs up Dave the red beast looks the goods!

Hey Dave, the car looks fantastic. Really like the way the wheels give it a whole new look. Well done.

And James, if you get the urge to come for a slippery run up the Bells Line one day before you leave, let me know. This time I'll let you do the driving. BTW did you do the calc's on that little trip I told you about? Frightening huh? Cheers, Mark.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Cool James - withdrawals !!

James ...

Sorry mate [for withdrawals..] but thanks for comments..you will have get in the queue for "lavishing " attention as my son at every opportunity wants to drive, wash, polish, play with it and now wants to borrow it whilst his girlfriends car goes into a mod shop to get expensive stereo and body kit fitted [show car] so he's lending his to her and dad !! will be obliging and lend one of his to him ...HMMMM..his plan not mine...

...anyway its almost time to rotate it [red] into storage and bring the mean geen machine out for its monthly rotation...actually if I get a chance I may slip the wheels off the red onto the green and vice versa for photo opportunity !!

Its fun having 2 ..

D2 OZ
Old 04-13-2004, 03:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Low Level Flying!

Quote:
Originally posted by OZ_SVX96
Hey Dave, the car looks fantastic. Really like the way the wheels give it a whole new look. Well done.

And James, if you get the urge to come for a slippery run up the Bells Line one day before you leave, let me know. This time I'll let you do the driving. BTW did you do the calc's on that little trip I told you about? Frightening huh? Cheers, Mark.

It was....err....mindnumbing!!!

I stung the vid's together that I took into my first 'video' using MovieManager on PC - very happy with the outcome - will send to you

We need to get a bunch of SVX's together and make a video of the ahem capabilities of the cars

As for Bells Line, count me in!!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:10 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Re: James - withdrawals !!

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
Its fun having 2 ..
Ahh - but if you have 2, then how would you decide which one to drive? I would have to flip a coin each time I wanted to go for a drive!

Those of us who only have one - we don't have that problem!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 04-14-2004, 03:35 AM
MisanthropyV

(excuse me if this has already been said, but I didn't read all the posts)

Speaking of Foxtel Digital, they have already found a way to pirate it. It's not the best way of course, but it works non-the-less.

It involves someone with a genuine card passing the changes for your Foxtel card to your computer via ADSL, as their computer is hooked up to their Foxtel box. Your computer is attached directly to a pirate card in your Foxtel box. ADSL is required for this because your box needs to recieve the changes in 500 milliseconds, or it doesn't work. In effect you can use a pirate chipset, pay for the cheapest plan, and get all channels, with digital quality!!!

Paulie
Old 04-14-2004, 03:53 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

In an effort to stretch out this thread even longer...

Well Paulie, perhaps someone who has tried this type of 'conversion' might like to talk tech with us?

Does this actually work?
Old 04-14-2004, 03:55 AM

Re: Re: James - withdrawals !!

Quote:
Originally posted by JDW-SVX

Ahh - but if you have 2, then how would you decide which one to drive? I would have to flip a coin each time I wanted to go for a drive!

Those of us who only have one - we don't have that problem!

Jason.
This is why James' offer to drive "George" was such a generous, unselfish and charitable offer

James could probably even be persuaded to take a video of the Red Beast going through it's paces round some tight hairpin bends, James would you do this for Dave?.

Kenn
Old 04-16-2004, 05:32 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Lightbulb Hey James check out the other thread from Pylon...

If you are suffering withdrawals than perhaps a Canberra run in May might just be the fix you need. You could do the photos and video (I can supply the digital gear) and we wrap it all up in a neat little package for the lifestyle channel on Fox- about weird car enthusiasts and marque fanatics with strange looking Subarus. Now that would be worth watching.

Thoughts? Cheers, Mark.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:55 PM

SVXless member

What channel and when is it on?

I thought that I read somewhere that there was to be a Subaru Rally in Canberra in May, was it Michelle who mentioned this?

Could really test James' resolve

Kenn
Old 04-17-2004, 04:25 AM
MisanthropyV

Re: In an effort to stretch out this thread even longer...

Quote:
Originally posted by OZ_SVX96
Well Paulie, perhaps someone who has tried this type of 'conversion' might like to talk tech with us?

Does this actually work?

I said it works.