Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 10-06-2003, 12:33 AM

Red face need rebuilt transmission in FL.(95 svx)

i seem to have unique and expensive breakdowns with my svx. the latest is the awd differential had an internal problem and cracked the outer case. i was told by my subaru mechanic that the whole thing is shot. i was trying to get motorsport warehouse to rebuild me one but the lack of information and the snails pace led me to buy a used one i located off the net. this came in after many hours of wasted labor and wouldn't go in reverse and crapped out completely shortly thereafter. now as i write this in the wee hours i'm having second thoughts about sending it back tommorrow since i have spent at least $500.00 on it. at least i have a core to trade in. anybody have any other ideas. i've been driving a bicycle for four weeks and really need a morale boost i spent $1700.00 for the used one and around $500.00 for labor to remove, install, and remove again.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:37 PM
tuzem

sorry to hear about that man.... I hope you get it sorted soon. Bicycling is healthy

-Nick
Old 10-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Strictly Subaru

Thumbs up

I sent you an pm email, let me know if you got it......

I have several solutions for you...
Old 10-06-2003, 08:10 PM

Unhappy transmission woes

i contacted a local shop with a good reputation and they accepted the challenge to make one good unit with the two transmissions i ended up with. the car will be towed over there tommorrow. i'm dying to get my new rims and tires on the car. once they're on i have a rear camber kit going on to get the back wheels aligned correctly. one wheel is out of specs. hopefully i will be driving within a week. thanks for the concern.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:02 PM
MikeInd

Blue thunder

Still have your car?

I will be down there in June or July.

Lets talk