How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Someone should give me a show. "Anti-Rice Revolution" where I'd go out and find people with modified cars, and point out why their mods don't make any sense, how some of the mods are detrimental to performance, and how instead of thinking for themselves they let the magazines, shows, and 'culture' think for them.

It would rule.

- Rob
Old 02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Shot king

Quote:
"Anti-Rice Revolution"
when do ya wanna get started?
Old 02-19-2004, 11:57 AM

Shane has a point that the second show was technically better.

However, I still think that a show titled Sports Car should have begun with something more than a sports coupe - they could have done an S2000 or the 3rd gen MR2, or.....
Old 02-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Breck SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
Anybody watch the even worse (IMHO) Tuner show premiering on Speed last nite (7pm ET)?

They thought they were producing a custom Mazda RX-8. What they did was put on drilled rotors, +1 the wheels/tires, stuck in a NOS bottle, and added vinyl graphics down the side. The guys "modding" the Mazda had to be bleeped as they discussed with each other the graphics package - great TV - really memorable. I assume that since this was the premier episode.......I for one can't wait for the next episode

Then it was followed by another premier show focusing on sports cars - and get this - for their centerpiece they modded an Acura (and not the NSX). Now I'm really looking forward to Tuesdays on Speed (which smilie reflects total disgust?).
Yeah, I watched those 3 in sequence, the first two disgusted me however the third one; not so much. I don't know if it was because I always get a rise out of Canadians or because of the multiple disclaimers the host made at the beginning about how its not a 'tuner' show, its for people who actually want to bring their cars to the track and race them. He showed a set of stop-techs they were gonna throw on that rsx-s but i didnt see them put them on, maybe in another episode? The only concern with the 3rd show (whatever its called) is that they all need to loosen up a bit, they don't seem comfortable infront of a camera. It reminds me of an old Top Gear video w/Tiff Needell drivin a '91 NSX when he started doing that show, tense and sterile.

-Alex
Old 02-20-2004, 09:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Did anybody else watch the show last night called "Chop Cut Rebuild"? I thought that show was really interesting! They're going to be doing a frame off restoration of a few different cars in the next few weeks. One was a pretty cherry '70 Chevelle they got out of a barn!

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 02-20-2004, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin
Did anybody else watch the show last night called "Chop Cut Rebuild"?
I watched that one this morning. It shows promise, but I could do without all the jumpy camera shots and special effects... i.e., making the picture intentionally grainy and other assorted antics. With that being the intro show, they really didn't do much other than introduce their future projects and plans, so I'm hoping the rest of the season goes much more in depth.

92 SVX - Sold
98 BMW M3 Sedan
89 Honda CRX Si w/B16 swap
91 Honda CRX Si
Old 02-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
All i have to say is APC, which is American Products Company.... MADE IN FREAKING CHINA... i'm serious, my friend bought the cheapest breather filter he could to pass emissions (worked too) and i swear, it said made in china on the thing... I couldn't believe that not only do they provide no worthwhile parts at all, but they can't even support their own name... PATHETIC

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: