Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 01-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
We were at a traffic light next to a 928 with a rear ricer wing taller than the height of the roof on saturday - looked like the wing on a top fuel car. The hood had the center section raised - beginning at the front and about 2ft wide and 3-4in tall back to the windshield. This section was painted blue and had white stars painted on it. He had dual fartpipe exhaust.
The rims stuck out wider than the car.

There was a redneck behind the wheel.

I had my digital camera with me but was afraid to use it. If I see it again I will.

No, I did not attempt to race. I know better and on top of that the sheer embarrassment of being beat by something so ridiculous looking might have shrunk my manhood for months.
take your camera AND a gun next time you go out - that car deserves better!!!!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I have some experience with a GTS. Did they ever make them in autos? Because I was less than impressed. Bcak when I still had my neon (97 SOHC 5spd) I was going home from work and this black GTS flew by me and revved its engine in the mall parking lot... I took to the chase. We got on the main highway around here, and we drove like RETARDS from the west side of madison to the east side. We were doing above 90 most of the time, and ... honestly... the car just wasn't that fast. It was a tinier bit faster than my neon.... but... its a freaking Celica GTS.. I expected it to school me.

>shrug<

I'd look into cheaper cars like older integras. They're cheap, get good gas mileage, and handle well. That way you can save more money, and either spend it on your SVX or buy cool toys, or do something responsible and save it in a bank account. But that isn't fun. :P

- Rob
Old 01-19-2004, 09:15 AM
alacrity024

a used integra isn't a bad idea.. i could probably get into an ACTUAL civic Si, too.. but i think an acura would carry a LITTLE more class than a honda, even though they're nearly identical..

and yeah, my research indicates that the GT-S was avaliable with an automatic and equipped as such, it wasn't a very hot performer.. those things redline near 8,000 rpms though

-adam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: