Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-27-2003, 01:40 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Ack- What a weekend

Yesterday I went on my date with a girl i've been seeing for 2 months now, that went well.

On the way home I almost get T-boned cuz some retard ran a red light at like 70. I saw him coming down really fast and I'm like it doesnt look like hes gonna stop. I stop dead in my tracks in the middle of the intersection and I just see him fly right through. Whew.... Close one....

My dad finally has time to work on my car. I've been having some squealing lately from the alternator belt and the A/C when it came on. My dad checks and he pulls everything apart and sees that the crankshaft pulley is cracked, which was causing the massive squealing. My timing was a little off as well.

This was at 3 o clock too on a Saturday. Kerven's already closed noooo . I have to wait till monday to find anyone to get it.

And to top it off, my dad checked the timing belt and water pump. They're brand spanking new, so apparently the original owner changed both before he sold it to me and just neglected to tell me. AHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm already going through withdrawal even though my car's been apart for only an hour.
2012 Camry V6 SE

Last edited by Tim; 09-27-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:05 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Unhappy Bad luck

Usually someone else's misfortunes always makes mine seem less. So here's my story...

Last Friday I came back from school to a box of fresh new parts from Liberty (water pump, timing belt, seals). Came home from work Saturday and began the surgery. Everything up to the cam sprocket removal goes well, except for the dent we put in the radiator fins. In the end we sheer an extension, snap a strap wrench, and crack a socket in an attempt to remove the sprocket. We end up changing the water pump without removing the back timing belt cover (add about 3 hours of labor). I left for school. Come back yesterday and go back to work on the car. This time we end up bending the lip of the cam sprocket. Had to use a mallet and pliers to bend the lip back and I'm praying its good enough (it's now bent at about a 85 degree angle for about 2 in of the circumference). This is the point in time I said "**** IT!" and started to reassemble. Got the timing belt on last night, didn't really work on it at all today. Tomorrow I need to put the two side covers back on, as well as the radiator and alternator, refill all the fluids, and will hopefully have time for an oil change before going back to school. Atleast the water pump is changed, but the seals aren't getting done

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300