Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-18-2001, 01:58 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<Anyhow back to the lunchbox story, he stood right there and told us how his "friend" took his lunch out back, shat in it and replaced it on the seat of his truck>>

Okay, I have to ask. Was he having Chili on that day?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-18-2001, 02:08 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Or was it just peanut butter sandwiches?
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:09 PM
Headed to Texas...

<<Okay, I have to ask. Was he having Chili on that day? >>

Yeah Randy, with refried beans and mexican corn! How's that for a visual?

(rainy days and Mondays always get . . . me down)

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 04-18-2001, 03:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Okay, now, you guys are grossin' me out. The reason I asked about Chili, is because eddy had enjoyed an old coloquialism I had used from time to time, "Who sh!t in your Chili?" You know, like "who pi$$ed in your Post Toasties." Oh well, so much for on topic topics. How did we get from "Flame Wars" to "Crappin' in Lunchboxes?" Never mind -- that's a rhetorical question, don't bother answering -- that could be a whole new thread.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-18-2001, 04:18 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Okay, now, you guys are grossin' me out. The reason I asked about Chili, is because eddy had enjoyed an old coloquialism I had used from time to time, "Who sh!t in your Chili?" You know, like "who pi$$ed in your Post Toasties." Oh well, so much for on topic topics. How did we get from "Flame Wars" to "Crappin' in Lunchboxes?" Never mind -- that's a rhetorical question, don't bother answering -- that could be a whole new thread.
I never did ask what was in his lunch, and I sure hope he didn't try to eat it. As for chilli, wasn't it you that said you liked to put that little something extra in yours?

This same guy came to work one day during hunting season shakin' his head and muttering all morning, and finally we had to ask what was up. Seems he and his buddy (don't think it was the feces guy), had gone hunting and shot a deer on the wrong side of the state border. So what did this guy do, he told the rangers that he didn't shoot anything and that his buddy did all the firing and he should probably go to jail for it. Why was he muttering you ask, because he was mad that his friend was pi$$ed off at him. I can't remember exactly what he said now, but something to the effect of, well I only did what I had to do to stay out of jail. Oh, FYI, our little pet name for him was weasel. We had a weasel ray and a sh!t ray working there at the time. Sh!t ray got his name because any time he did something you'd start the conversation off with "sh!t ray, why'd ya...."
Old 04-18-2001, 04:26 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Smile

One other story about weasel ray I nearly forgot. He used to be on a pool league, so every thursday night he had to go to some tavern and shoot pool, and on friday we'd have to listen to his tall tales of what great shots he'd made. On this particular friday he comes in shaking his head a muttering, and of course we just had to know. He said his team was 1 guy short, so he asked this drunk guy to play as a substitute. Seems that on the ride to the tavern this guy puked out the window and soiled himself front and rear. But according to the weasel he played pretty well, and when the guy asked for a ride home the weasel refused to let him back in his truck. Wouldn't help out someone that helped his team win that night, but he'd still call someone that shat in his lunch a friend....
Old 04-19-2001, 04:26 PM
joeaux

Question

Simple question. Why go to Yahoo? Nothing there anymore.
-joe-
Old 04-19-2001, 04:42 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by joeaux
Simple question. Why go to Yahoo? Nothing there anymore.
-joe-
Simple answer Joe, we're all still there. I don't know what you call nothing, but other than the occasional flame war it's the same group of people that have always hung out there. If you don't want to head over, then by all means don't. Your choice, but I can guarantee you'll be missing out on a lot of lively and informative posts.

Even Tater Boy that swore he'd never visit the yahoo site after this one was up can't stay away! The yahoo site to me is like a comfortable old pair of boots...sure the wife wants you to toss 'em, but they fit sooo good.
Old 04-22-2001, 07:19 PM

Registered SVX
<<Even Tater Boy that swore he'd never visit the yahoo site after this one was up can't stay away! >>

If you check back through my posts, I was very careful not to "swear" I'd never visit again. My posts were fraught with ambiguities, like "may" and "I believe I will . . ." In other words I never "completely" closed the door, because I knew it would be a hard habit to break. And it has been

Still and all, I consider this site as "home base."
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-22-2001, 08:50 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
<<Even Tater Boy that swore he'd never visit the yahoo site after this one was up can't stay away! >>

If you check back through my posts, I was very careful not to "swear" I'd never visit again. My posts were fraught with ambiguities, like "may" and "I believe I will . . ." In other words I never "completely" closed the door, because I knew it would be a hard habit to break. And it has been

Still and all, I consider this site as "home base."
Well, it took me eons to find, and then I forgot to note which message # it was posted on, but here is a direct quote from one of your posts over yonder...

<<As for me, I've already slated it as my permanent and exclusive home after the 15th.>>

Sound like a pretty solid statement to me.<G> It was posted while Chris was still pretty much in the building and testing phase here, and I think there were more posts (especially when you had to deal with the message 40 bug), that were worded in a stronger manner. But it took me twenty minutes to find this one quote and I ain't going through that again.
Old 04-22-2001, 11:46 PM

Registered SVX
Got me.

Well, eddy, looks like you got me dead to rights. That's a pretty solid statement. Since you took soooo much time to drum up that post and prove me wrong, I guess I have no other choice than to honor my word. No more posts on Yahoo. That's it -- finito -- sionara. I won't even go back to make it official.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-23-2001, 07:58 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Got me.

Jeez Aredub, no reason to get upset. You know how much I enjoy proving people wrong. I sure didn't expect *you* to think that I meant you should not to go back. I sure hope you posted this monday morning, because I was just tickled when I made it through a whole weekend without getting into a flame war, or rubbing someone the wrong way.

Last edited by Aredubjay; 04-23-2001 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2001, 09:07 AM

Registered SVX
Not upset -- just jolted back to reality. It WAS my original intent to cease posting on the Yahoo club when this site was up and running. But, alas, I couldn't seem to break the habit. It's time now. I had really hoped that this could be a unifying move instead of a divisive one. Oh well. I really can't afford to keep up with both sites. Something that was intended to lessen my time keeping up with SVX news has turned into a double drain. I've realized that I need to rein in my time and finally choose one site over the other. I feel that I must continue to support this one since I had a little bit of a hand in its creation and promotion. I'll miss those "over yonder" who are determined to resist this site, but harbor no ill will. I hope that, eventually, folks will, at least, come to visit.

PS Sorry, didn't mean to edit your orignal post, I accidentally clicked the delete/edit button on your post and, I guess, as moderator, it let me -- I thought I was replying -- head still buzzing from the Smokies trip.
Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by Aredubjay; 04-23-2001 at 09:10 AM.