Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-24-2015, 07:34 AM

Re: Every member please check in here!

haha yeah, I've heard most of those before. Since the taillights have moisture in them, I'm guessing that those seals are the cause. Just haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.

The plastic plug that goes in the big hole under the driver's side taillight was also just sitting in the bottom of the trunk when I got it, so that's all fixed now. That was a pretty gaping hole for water to get in.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Just checking in from NJ, been reading posts for a while to get tech advice when needed. Great resource. Have a 96 LSI, will post pics, have had it around three years,... Thought it would be a great project with son who has now been driving two months but he is more interested in a used (very used) Audi and I have been lectured on the lack of wisdom in giving a 17 yr old a red sports car to ride up and down the Garden State Parkway to school. No matter how safe it is.

Its been a fun reliable second car and may do some minor bodywork and keep it.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Welcome to the forum!

Your story sounds familiar. When my son started driving a few years ago we went looking for something safe and reliable and he pointed out a car he really liked. I thought, what the heck, let's go check it out, it's a Subaru. I'm sure he imagined himself cruising town in the sporty green SVX. Sadly for him, I bought it for me and he is driving a Volvo wagon. Previously, I knew nothing about the SVX, so I was super-impressed with the level of refinement and have enjoyed everything I've done to mine.

I hope you decide to keep yours. They're deserving of all the attention they get from their owners. Enjoy!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Hey guys I'm a new member to this forum! so based on what it says I'm going to check in here haha! I have a 1992 subaru svx 5-spd swap with an 04turbo forester tranny (or so I was told). ECUTune stage 1 chip which I need to learn how to use properly. I have a Spec Stage 1 clutch, WRX flywheel, and WRX gearing. Things she needs: New rear differential, new wheels (nice and rusty, but not too noticeable yet), a LOT of body work. Besides that there are some other issues I'm going to have to ask about later down the line including some electrical and security system questions. Heh, ok, I'm done now, thanks for being patient with my droning on about my car.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:28 AM

Hello all. I bought a '96 SVX after I totaled my daily driver / Rallycross car (black ice + tree = goodby Brighton). I'm loving it. The drivetrain is in very good condition. The interior is good. The exterior needs a new paint job badly. I will load pics later today, for some reason it's not working right now.

Check out my thread on my cars here: GTPlanet.net / Cars in General / Member Rides / Ron's Rides.

Thanks for the help everyone has already provided in the many hours of posts I've already read.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:34 PM

Registered SVX

deleted because of double post

Last edited by AirTech90; 04-02-2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: doublepost
Old 04-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Registered SVX

Hello All..
I am the new owner of a 94 emerald green LSi with 84k miles on it so far. aside from a few dings and paint chips, she is in great shape and I will be using her as my DD. I live in SE Wisconsin, a little west of being directly between Milwaukee and Chicago, near the towns of Elkhorn and Lake Geneva, in Walworth county.
I found this forum only about a month ago, when I first found, and found out about, what would become my first SVX, and my first Subaru.
After a few days of reading through some of the threads here, I can see that my wallet is going to grow ever lighter from all the great mods, etc. I've seen so far. I am new to Subaru's in general, but I've been a mechanic for the past 30+ years, 25 of which are in light aviation, so I have no problems getting my hands a bit dirty.
This car has been one of the best finds and experiences I've had with a car, so far. I think I paid a great price for it, and so, I'm a very happy guy. Im looking forward to becoming a long term member of the SVX community and bothering some of you with a few foolish questions.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Registered SVX

Maybe your aviation background drew you to the SVX's fighter jet inspired canopy design.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!
Pics?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM

Registered SVX

It certainly caught my eye, I admit. that and the boxer type engines. Add to that the all wheel drive that is so beneficial in the snowy northern states, and I was hooked.
Thank you, and Thank you...
Ill post a few pics soon..

Last edited by AirTech90; 04-03-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:54 AM

Registered SVX

A few pictures...as promised..

IMG_20150403_120534757.jpg

IMG_20150403_120501028.jpg

IMG_20150307_162858345.jpg
Old 05-21-2015, 10:02 AM

Talking Re: Every member please check in here!

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I've been reading some experiences of your encounters with your SVXs, so may I tell mine?!. 3 Sundays ago my friend and I where heading toward a big place of thrift stores as any Juarence(Cd Juarez Mexico -El Paso) and we took a detour, and, in a place where car dealers( not formal) park to sell their cars where most of them are brought from auctions in The Us, I saw something different, yes, between those Focus, Hondas, Malibus, voyagers, izuzus, there was an SVX looking good from outside I expected not the same about the interior, I thought, it won't be good in overall condition I better turn my head forward, but my friend asked me, wanna go ask? Hmmm ok, let's see, the dealer asked 1,695$ us, good price! Well that was the end of my Mirage 18"(exchanged in the trade in). Point is, I'm in love of my car it's in terrific condition after it's 200k miles! CD players works better then my PS3's. Thanks for having this space misters.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:56 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX

WELCOME! Glad to see another SVX saved by someone that cares about the car! Drive it and enjoy it ... not many left ..
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Welcome José

Seeing your location brought back fond memories of being in Chihuahua City and Juarez. I wish you success in your cherished new ride.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Registered SVX

Salutations everyone,
I'm blath posting from Bothell, Washington state. I talk a lot but I'll try to keep it simple. In December 2012 whilst under the impression of helping deliver a car to an owner I was gifted a 1995 SVX L. It took a bit to realize what was happening, at first I thought they, mechanics, were letting me drive the vehicle to the owner. Usually I drive or am a passenger in a support car/car that will take the mechanic back. And it took a few verbal exchanges of they: "this is your car" / me: "Oh okay, where is the paper work and where do I take it" / they: "Home, it's your car" / me: "address?" / they: "No it's your car" / Me: "um owner address please?"

Before they stopped the conversation circle and said that the car belongs to me. Admittedly I'm not that quick on the uptake at times, and it took some time for that info to sink in. Apparently friends had gotten together and rebuilt an engine / fixed up a totaled SVX ( it has WA State sticker from WA State Patrol indicated it's a totaled /salvage car ) and tadaa 'Merry Christmas'. D: oh and I'll also post in the 95 SVX to add to the registration info.

My SVX is named "Devon" after the UK county of Devon. I took it to Vancouver, BC in 2013 and rubbed a hotel concrete support in a narrow underground parking lot the wrong way.. I kind of liked the scratches and till I recently painted them over.. most people never parked near my driver's side. tee hee hee. But alas it had gotten on my friend's nerve.. though I had kept it at bay for a long time due to their ribbing of me only driving the car 25 miles a month most of the time..(yeah I make Grandmothers on Sunday go into roadrage when I'm rollin) but once I started driving a little bit more.. I painted the scratches over.

Anyhoo I've been on the Facebook version of this site, I had tried to get on here earlier but had arrived during a major spam attack so I wasn't offended when my attempts failed often. The other site has been nice and polite, and now well it's mostly Facebook. I'm usually there giving moral support ' welcoming other SVX members to the sleeve-lock regulator club ' to showing how it's okay not to be perfect by pointing out that my driver's side front wheel rim is backwards. (I notice a few other SVX's are like that.. makes one wonder..)

And that is that. I enjoy driving when I can, which isn't much lately. Sometimes I play Ingress ( a free smartphone-gps based game ) ( green team due to my local friends being on the green team) but most of the time.. I'm logging/tracking my miles ( because fuel tank indicator of DOOM!!), balancing enjoying the outside air but worrying when ever I roll down my window (sleeve lock one time popped out after being fixed.. scarring me with fright till I could get to it) that I'll never get it back up..so I save my rolling down time when I'm headed home.. and practicing my polite smile and chuckle laced response of "oh no..it's not a Probe". But I haven't had to and have since taking possession of the SVX been reminded to be humble when I encounter people saying how awesome the SVX is and how they've been a big fan of them and how they at times dreamed of owning one. :/ ( I feel bad when I forget to say thank you due to being in a hurry but I still try to nod a polite smile )

Safe travels and thanks for reading all. - blath
Old 06-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Welcome blath. We look forward to your participation on this great forum.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)