Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 AM

Registered SVX
Re: 1995 Green L AWD with only 65K miles in NY

To check out my competition, I went to see a 1997 LSi that is for sale in Pleasantville, NY with only 64K miles on it for $7000...

Don't let the mileage fool you. The car's got minor body damage on every corner (seems like the older woman who owned it originally didn't manipulate getting in and out of her garage well enough), every wheel has severe curb rash, leaking valve cover, a loud whiny noise coming from what seems to be the alternator or power steering pump, doesn't drive straight, very soft brake pedal feel (and fluid is just above the low mark), a loose driver side fender, a weird vibrating noise in the driver's door when you close it, black tint that wouldn't be legal in any state, and best of all... is currently being driven by a high school kid! Not sure how long the link will be active, but the ad can be found here, which looks very enticing, but you'd lose the excitement the minute you see the car.

I was initially thinking of just selling mine and buying his, since it seems that a '97 LSi would be easier to sell than a '95 L down the road, but no way! The condition of mine is far more superior.

I just figured I'd share this fun experience I had, which also validates my asking price.

Last edited by radsvx; 02-26-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

The only thing that validates your asking price is a buyer willing to give you that price
Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM

Registered SVX

Okay then... let's open the flood gates! I'm open to start taking reasonable offers.

I see that Nick is selling a '96 polo beauty down in Florida with almost 100K miles on her for $6000 and Mike & Tom are selling a gorgiously repainted '94 bourdeaux in New Jersey with over 140K miles on it for $5000. I'm sorry to be competing with such great cars (and guys), but my '95 with 65K miles has to fall somewhere in the same ballpark.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM

Registered SVX

By the way, I'm willing to drive down to meet any serious prospective buyer as far south as southern Virginia and up north to Boston.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
The only thing that validates your asking price is a buyer willing to give you that price
Agreed. The market is full of svxes in many shapes and forms. I know I am having a hard time finding one that is what I want at a price that I want.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
Agreed. The market is full of svxes in many shapes and forms. I know I am having a hard time finding one that is what I want at a price that I want.
Haven't you been looking for like... two years? :P
Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Soobologist

Registered SVX

yeah I have been looking for awhile. I decided to put more important things first so that I wouldn't have to buy the "scratch and dent $1000 special". In 2 years I have been divorced and have paid off my baja and the corolla in my signature. None of these things were cheap. I have missed a few great cars due to bad timing, lack of funds, unable to meet the person in a timely manner, etc.

There are people like me who are out there shopping but just haven't made ourselves known to the masses.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

With the market down and the availability present, now is the time to buy.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Soobologist

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
With the market down and the availability present, now is the time to buy.
and that is why I am shopping!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by radsvx View Post
Okay then... let's open the flood gates! I'm open to start taking reasonable offers.

I see that Nick is selling a '96 polo beauty down in Florida with almost 100K miles on her for $6000 and Mike & Tom are selling a gorgiously repainted '94 bourdeaux in New Jersey with over 140K miles on it for $5000. I'm sorry to be competing with such great cars (and guys), but my '95 with 65K miles has to fall somewhere in the same ballpark.
Its not in the same ball park. Your 95 is in SUPERIOR shape than any of the cars mentioned and considering the work you just put into it, it is well worth the asking price of $6k EASY. BUT the biggest problem is, most SVX owners or people looking to get one have one thing in common "If I had money""When I can save some money""What is the CHEAPEST way to..."

Aparently no one really cares for the BEST way anymore, just the cheapest

Rad you have an excellent car for sale and I almost hope you don't sell it so it doesn't end up in the wrong hands Good luck

Tom
Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

I was going to purchase this car until my father ended up back in the hospital with his leukemia back. I was very willing to pay the price for the car, don't drop too much on it someone will buy and hopefully that person will take car of it. Rad's communication was very nice and informative. He answered every question I had about the car and from the photo's could tell it was well taken care of.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM

Registered SVX

I looked for about 2 years until nov08 when I found mine on here. paid the 5k and drove it home from Denver. My criteria on search:
original paint (mine had a bumper repaint on rear, and it has chips, nicks on front from being a CO car)
ls-l model
AWD model
stock (but mine had 17" mb wheels still trying to fix that)
non smoker car.
from a part of the country with no rust issues, meaning no rust on car anywhere
less than 100k miles
service records.
really wanted a 96 or 97 but none fit my criteria
got the 92 when i saw it, with the intention i was replacing my 94 legacy turbo wagon with something nicer. Just sold my 94TW last saturday so i am on my plan here.

good luck
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K
Old 02-27-2009, 01:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to OrionMCO Send a message via Yahoo to OrionMCO

Location is my biggest obstacle at present. Not only do I live in FL and I am stationed in TX, but I am currently deployed. Not exactly easy to get someone to fly into Jersey or New York to look at a car for you

Don't lose hope man. I am sure someone out there will pick it up!

Last edited by OrionMCO; 02-27-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: encouragement
Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX

I feel the price is fine if the car is the way you and others described it. If someone like me who really wants one of these cars, then you should not have a problem. Speaking for myself, I am a firm believer that you "get what you pay for". I don't mind paying a premium price for something, just don't "rip me off". I pay more for my oil, OEM parts, etc. That being said, I purchased my 95 green L AWD a little over 1 yr ago with 99k on it for $6,000. I believe I didn't get ripped off after looking at the ones out there that were selling for a lot less but were dented up running like **** etc... Once again, "you get what you pay for"
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM

Registered SVX

Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement to be patient. There is no specific urgency for me to sell right now, except the fact that I'm trying to do prospective buyers a service by trying to limit the amount of time she sits on the streets of NYC, gettings bumped, dinged, scratched, etc. without any cover from the elements.

Now that my wife forced us to buy a RAV4 (which uses our one and only spot in the garage), she refuses to even ride in the SVX, so I barely even stretch her legs out on weekends. (The SVX, not the wife!)

It would be nice to have a second smaller car for around-town excursions that I wouldn't mind letting sit outside that is a 5-speed, so I can teach my wife how to drive a stick, as well as simply for the fun factor (boy do I miss my WRX sometimes). So I will probably end up getting a used Honda or something similar once I sell the SVX.

I was actually very seriously considering buying an SVX 5-speed from Walter (Treppiede) down in Atlanta, but then I would still have the same problem as I do now. BTW, his car is still for sale and looks great and he's fixing up all the loose ends (valve cover leak, bearings, etc.) very soon, so keep your eyes out for his "for sale" thread, if anyone's interested. I'd jump on it in a second if I was still living in VA.

Tom (TomsSVX), thanks for the great and honest work you've done on the car for me and the testimony of its conditon on this thread. Even if I do sell the SVX, I'll still probably turn to you for work on my future cars. BTW, ever think about franchising All We'll Drive?

Nate (Wikedjuggalo), I hope your father is doing okay and my good wishes go out for his battle with leukemia. And if you find yourself ready to be in the market for an SVX again, be sure to see if I've still got mine.

Best regards,
Rad