Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 10-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: EM Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
Tom, I'm assuming you were working with Andrew Nam out in CA? Glad someone finally got him what he needed. All the data that I faxed him, which included the scope diagrams of the sensors from the factory manual, were told to be incorrect I lost touch with him and needed to pursue other venues and worked out what I needed here anyway. New OBR setup on it's way here from England next month to replace my MS2

Anyway glad it worked out for you and you can finally get your car tuned the way it so desperately needed to be. This will most definitely be a great asset to your community here. Plug and play with auto tune makes for a pretty simple setup. And Hydra EMS tuning is a cakewalk compared to the likes of Motec, OBR, Halltech. I think you'll enjoy working with it vs any other system out there.

And to answer the Megasquirt question asked....yes my EG33 is running off MS2 ver. 3.0. in the 962 If you ask nicely, I'll email VE/AFR/Spark files to those trying to run the car off a megasquirt system You must note files are setup for built EG33 for boost, twinscroll single 35R, header, speed density, sheet intake manifold, water air intercooler. GM sensors, bosch TPS. ford EDIS-6

Toms way above is definitely an easier route that's for certain. And ~$1700 if a good deal too.
Euh....

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

She's ready to put down a healthy amount now once I get the sequential meth injection system on the manifold. Running through a 2WD converted '04 Sti transaxle in the mid engine setup. I'll have some pictures and information up on my website in the next couple months when I start releasing the cars for sale.

Now, back to your regular schedule Hydra EMS topic

Last edited by Boxersix; 10-09-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

bump... hope to have the test unit this week

Tom
Old 10-13-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
ford EDIS-6
Mmmm dirt cheap coils couples with huge spark energy. BTW the MSD DIS4 boxes work great with this if you really want to go nuts. The GM coils one of the EM's I tried barely would spark a plug resting on the block. The DIS4 + ford coil would toss a 1'+ diamiter cloud of sparks off the end of a plug wire to any unpainted surface when you pulled one to test for spark.

I'd be tempted to try and run one on anything that could take the ford DIS coil packs just because they are so cheap and effective. Certainly far less annoying than tracking down a busted subaru coil on plug unit.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT6Wagon View Post
Mmmm dirt cheap coils couples with huge spark energy. BTW the MSD DIS4 boxes work great with this if you really want to go nuts. The GM coils one of the EM's I tried barely would spark a plug resting on the block. The DIS4 + ford coil would toss a 1'+ diamiter cloud of sparks off the end of a plug wire to any unpainted surface when you pulled one to test for spark.

I'd be tempted to try and run one on anything that could take the ford DIS coil packs just because they are so cheap and effective. Certainly far less annoying than tracking down a busted subaru coil on plug unit.
MSD DIS boxes are an unnecessary evil if running an integral igniter/coil system like the EDIS with properly gapped plugs(as per application). The DIS boxes have a very high tendency to emit interference that can mess with other sensor and electronics on the vehicle if not properly shielded(the unnecessary evil).

Tom, let me know how she runs.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:27 PM

Hey, ill be doing the wiring this week. I tryed to open the files with Megatune 2.25, it wont open them. Can you PM me or email me with how to set this up as im a total noob to megasquirt. Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris

Tom, add me to the "interested" list. I think this is going to be a required item for the race SVX. But please note, I will need to know a timeline for actual funds payment. I dont have/use credit cards and I would have to budget this into my allowances.

ECU Tune (stage 1), PWR (prototype aluminum radiator)
Amateur Radio - General Class - K7SVX
#1 92 Teal LSl 246k (Dedicated SVX Race Car, now with 4.44 speed)
#2 92 Teal LSl 125k (Retired, car rescued from a field of weeds)
2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition, Obsidian Black Pearl (Daily driver)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, Cummins turbo diesel 4x4 (race car & RV hauler)
1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor (fair weather fun commuter)

Going on 11 years of NHRA bracket racing
NHRA Div 6 Car/Driver # T654 (site being rebuilt, new name is www.teamsvxracing.com)
2000 1st Place Club Challenge Series
2002 3rd Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 4th Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 1st Place NW Regional Import Shootout (July 5th)
2004 1st Place Club Challenge #1 (Firebird Raceway)
2004 1st Place NHRA "King of the Track" race
2004 NHRA Gold Cup 2nd place season win
2004 Import/Sport Compact 3rd place season win
2004 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Race of Champions finalist competitor (Mission, BC)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #3
2007 1st Place Track Champion Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #5
2008 Club season 1st place win, Club Champion
2008 2nd Place Season Import Final.
2008 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Import Finals (Woodburn, Or)
2009 2nd Place Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2010 1st Place Club race #2 - 1st place Sport Compact race #1 & #2
Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

so what's the status on this?? what else will I need if I do get this... can I just wire it up and run it on my car until I'm ready to build turbo and tune???
Old 10-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t

Hydra EMS presents unprecedented control over all variables, timing tables, sensors of your engine. It can adapt to any level of modified engines whether it be heavily modified F/I builds or stock N/A builds and as such gives complete versatility to any application.

You will not need anything else... the only requirement as far as I know is having a manual transmission.

Also, as far as I know, preliminary testing will be underway shortly, and as such a little more patience is required.

-Sov13t.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Tom,

Will I install this Stand alone in place of my tcu?? or how does it work. I have absolutely no experience with stand alones. Is it gonna be plug and play or will I need to sauder or piggyback wires?? let me know I am very interested as well as hearing the results of the tests.

Johny
Old 10-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Locker Link Solution

you all suck

...I will not blink as well.... but also won't be purchasing any time soon
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

bumping it up because it's on my mind
Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

i will have more info on this after i get back east

Tom
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

I do have an email in with the Moran boys at AndrewTech to see about their in-house tuning capabilities...
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

would like to do this soon even if I can't afford the engine build and turbo yet.... I'd like to bring her to big valley performance and see what wonders they can work.... hopefully before feb????

Last edited by Johnybeas; 11-03-2008 at 11:58 PM.