SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2001, 07:37 PM
uconnscott

Unhappy Check Engine Light Stays on Periodicly

Finally got the SVX out of the shop (went from a troubled $7k car to a really cool 11.5k black '92 Ls-L) Now it is out of the shop. I unfortunatly have 2 new problems.

1. My Check engine light has for the past 3 days come on each morning I drive my car, and stay for around 20-60 minutes. It will then shut off for the rest of the night.

2. My Security System/Keyless entry isn't working, the remotes do nothing. They were both working before the car was at the shops (mechanic then auto body) and now neither remote works. I did put a new battery in one, but to no avail.

I have called the local Subaru dealer (Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT) and I set up an appointment to them to at least diagnos each problem (at a $68 charge each!) Anyway, I am wondering if any fellow SVXers have had similar problems or have any Idea what may be causing them.

I have spent so much money on this car already that there is no turning back now and I just want to get it right! It is a great ride and the looks I get in this car are worth the cash and then some! Thanks.