Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Strut killer SVX! Need some input

Since October of last year we've now killed 4 pairs of rear (OEM) struts on the race car. No one will sell us just rear Koni's for the SVX and truth be told it really doesn't need 'em with the diet she's had but we need something that'll last. It has H&R +-200lb WRX springs front and back which give it a very nice little body roll ride but also keeps the wheel in contact with the ground nicely. I can't push the front down for the life of me more than 1/2 an inch pushing on the fender.

Our thought is to put Konis for a WRX in the back since they are available for just the rears (have SVX konis up front already). Does anybody have the inserts lying around that they can measure before installing so I can be sure they will fit into the housing and function decently?

Other thought is that the towing is putting a hurt on the struts as the rear bounces with the trailer and it seems that the struts go bad while on it or we notice it when taking it off. We've thought about blocking the rear so it doesn't have any suspension travel on the trailer. Are we thinking straight???