Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 08-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

I agree with you Lee. And that post pretty well did it for me too.

At the same time, I do hope he stays safe, and I do hope the killing can end ASAP. But I do wish people like Danny could wake up and be angry at the one's who are doing this to his country -- Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, Muslim fascists, etc. Stop blaming Israel for defending itself. Stop blaming the US.

It's ironic that the average person in the US holds Lebanese life more sacred than some of the people who live in Lebanon. The Lebanese staged mass protest when Syria assasinated their leader, now they should do the same to kick the real invaders out. The Israelis don't want to be there.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 PM
building more AK47's

What surprises me is we cannot trust anyone anymore. England did stop this terrorist plot with their surveillance techniques but found out it was their own citizens-at least this is what OUR news is telling us. I do not understand why we went to Iraq? Is it to anger more Middle Eastern countries to hate the U.S.? We have been told so many different theories on invading Iraq that I dont know the real reason we are there. If we had the capability in the late 90's to take care of Osama Bin Laden why didnt we? Our country is HATED by a lot of other countries, why? Is it "in Americas best interest" do go here and there saying how great democracy is when our own politicians abuse it here at home? I love this country but "dislike" the practices of our government. It is also hard to vote for someone when most of them are "friends" with large corporations. Was a "terror plot" really avoided or is this just what they want us to believe, a way to control us with fear? What would be the best thing for us all-our governments, factions, and miltia groups to get together away from me and you and let them go at it. Stop deciding what "is good for me, America, and the world" and LEAVE ME ALONE.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Remember this post by Danny???
It was pretty early on and indicates his true feelings:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear

"(this is inside info guys, I have a few friends in the resistance ),

Interested in a job that pays well but it is very risky at the moment and you can loose your
life??? "

That did it for me as far as Danny is concerned.

Lee
I'm not that good at reading. How is that anti-America? It's anti-Israel.

Here's his original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
<Noir sits back and awaits WW3 or regional war in the middle east w/popcorn in hand.>

Haha, you will need more than that my friend, how can the US government sit down and watch its daughter (Israel) getting raped , moreover Bush adores bloodshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
I've also already asked if the point of killing innocent Lebanese children is the a priori execution of potential terrorists.
Have you written any articles, obvious or otherwise? And I disagree, it's now not that hard to know what's happening, the Israeli have gone apesh*t and are killing everyone and destroying everything. Problem is, wrong people, wrong villages.
WGJ

Yesterday they kidnapped 3 adult males and a 14 year old goat herder and they claimed they are Hizbullah's army... between those 3 adults, one is Christian (thus never a Hizbullah member), and the other two were normal and ordinary civilians who were fleeing their attacked houses in the middle of the night...

The LBCI TV made an interview with the kid's parents, they are very poor people living a life of tribe in the desert (far around 10-15 miles from any civilisation) and they never heard about Hizbullah or Israel or even Lebanon , their son took the herd up in the mountains and they returned alone after few hours... the mother was crying a lot because it is an only son

The death toll on Hizbullah's soldiers is now 68 (this is inside info guys, I have few friends in the resistance ), all of them are buried publicly, no more are missing or so... I dunno if there are prisoners (well frankly speaking).

P.S: the dead civilians amount to 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
I was attacked at the beach several years ago by a 6'2" 230 lb volleyball player who'd done a 'speedball" (injected heroin and speed) before he came down to the beach. I was 6'1" 250 and sitting in the sand leaning back with my hands behind me, talking to a girl, when this guy walked up, bent over and swung at me. He missed, I reached up and grabbed him by the throat and pulled him down, got him in a judo hold, dislocated his jaw and his right elbow. He was still struggeling and that pissed me off, so I choked him out.

Interested in a job that pays well but it is very risky at the moment and you can loose your life???

Seriously now, glad to hear you kicked his @ss !!!
sounds like he was looking for a bodyguard if you ask me. guess bodyguarding oneself is anti-american.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Creative Posting

Quote:
I'm not that good at reading. How is that anti-America? It's anti-Israel.

Here's his original post:

sounds like he was looking for a bodyguard if you ask me. guess bodyguarding oneself is anti-american.
I think you played with the posts a bit. My quote was exactly what he said and it was in context of having friends in Hezbollah. Why would he need a body guard in Lebanon if he was friendly with Hezbollah???? If you are friends with Hezbollah and a supporter, your are automatically anti-US in my opinion.

Lee
Old 08-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
I think you played with the posts a bit. My quote was exactly what he said and it was in context of having friends in Hezbollah. Why would he need a body guard in Lebanon if he was friendly with Hezbollah???? If you are friends with Hezbollah and a supporter, your are automatically anti-US in my opinion.

Lee

Actually if you look for the post in the other thread, you find that I cut and pasted the exact copy and bolded the comments that you took.

You are right, he is now pro-Hezbollah against Israel. He supports the Hezbollah attacks in retaliation to the Israeli bombings that he finds unjust. The change in his attitude is a result of past few weeks of living in this conflict.

Maybe you didn't notice, initially he wasn't pro-Hezbollah. Danny critized and condemned their actions against Israel.

If you remember, some of the other posts made by Danny were in favor of the US over Hezbollah. He does believe that our media is influenced by Israeli news and he wishes that we didn't support Israel.

I'm sure you could associate 'having friends in the resistance' with global terrorism in your opinion, but as well all know, options are nothing more than a fart in the wind.

I'm not as smart as you and your two Jewish friends. I yet again (due to my ignorance) fail to see how for Danny or anyone in Lebanon who wants to hire WGJ as a personal bodyguard to beat down the Israelis like he beat down that nutty volleyball player as being anti-US.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

Quote:

You are right, he is now pro-Hezbollah against Israel. HA HA YEAH RIGHT!He supports the Hezbollah attacks in retaliation to the Israeli bombings that he finds unjust. DESPITE THE FACT THAT HEZBOLLAH STARTED ALL THIS. The change in his attitude is a result of past few weeks of living in this conflict.

Maybe you didn't notice, initially he wasn't pro-Hezbollah. Danny critized and condemned their actions against Israel. HA HA!

If you remember, some of the other posts made by Danny were in favor of the US over Hezbollah. He does believe that our media is influenced by Israeli news and he wishes that we didn't support Israel. AND THE 241 DEAD MARINES AND SO MANY OTHERS HAD NO INFLUENCE ON THE MEDIA.

I'm sure you could associate 'having friends in the resistance' with global terrorism in your opinion, but as well all know, options are nothing more than a fart in the wind. OPTIONS? LIKE LEATHER AND A MOONROOF? HOW ARE THESE LIKE FARTS?

I'm not as smart as you and your two Jewish friends. AH, HERE WE GO SMOKED OUT ANOTHER ANTI-SEMITE. I yet again (due to my ignorance) NOT A SECRET fail to see how for Danny or anyone in Lebanon who wants to hire WGJ as a personal bodyguard to beat down the Israelis like he beat down that nutty volleyball player as being anti-US.
BY THE WAY, I HEAR YOUR ON MEL GIBSON'S CHRISTMAS CARD LIST. BY THE WAY, MY COMMENTS TO YOUR DELUSIONS ARE IN BOLD ABOVE.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:22 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
I think this would be a nice time to point out some differences between our individual rights and those in England. To search our houses the police have to go to the judge with a good case of "probable cause" in order to get a warrant. In England--they only have to go to the with a "reasonable suspicion" in order to get a search warrant. Wiretaps are much simpler also. AND--the British intelligence agency (MI5) can operate legally in country while our CIA can only operate overseas. The bottom line in this is that MI5 and Scotland Yard are essentially in bed with each other domestically. While we (prior to Patriot Act) built a wall between the CIA and the FBI.

The advantages of the British system in the war on terror should be obvious.

Lee
Lee, I think you need to lay off the wacky weed as well. Read the Patriot Act my good man - Police don't need warrants to ransack your house; hell they don't need a warrant to tap your phone and listen to your phone calls either! They just label you as having some part of terrorism and then they can do with your house as they please.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Manarius; 08-13-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
I Don't Totally Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Lee, I think you need to lay off the wacky weed as well. Read the Patriot Act my good man - Police don't need warrants to ransack your house; hell they don't need a warrant to tap your phone and listen to your phone calls either! They just label you as having some part of terrorism and then they can do with your house as they please.
As we well know, there were circumstances under which the police could enter or as you say "ransack" your home without a warrant even BEFORE the Patriot Act. Like--for example maybe showing up at your house to talk to you and smelling Meth or even weed while still outside your house would provide the legal basis or "probable cause" that would hold up in court. Or hearing or seeing any apparent criminal activity. Wiretapping is a bit more complicated. While the police may wiretap you and gain information without a warrant---it becomes a different issue whether information gained from such taps could be used as evidence.
The Patriot act does make that easier to do by gaining an approval or warrant after the fact.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
As we well know, there were circumstances under which the police could enter or as you say "ransack" your home without a warrant even BEFORE the Patriot Act. Like--for example maybe showing up at your house to talk to you and smelling Meth or even weed while still outside your house would provide the legal basis or "probable cause" that would hold up in court. Or hearing or seeing any apparent criminal activity. Wiretapping is a bit more complicated. While the police may wiretap you and gain information without a warrant---it becomes a different issue whether information gained from such taps could be used as evidence.
The Patriot act does make that easier to do by gaining an approval or warrant after the fact.

Lee
Lee, you and I both know that probable cause is different than saying "Oh, I think he's a terrorist, so let's search his house." - because that's how the Patriot Act works when it comes to search and seizure. If I'm a FBI agent, and I think you're a terrorist, I can search your house and use whatever I find (hell, it doesn't even have to be specific like a real warrant) in a criminal case against you. Then, I'm "supposed" to go back and get a warrant up to 90 days afterwards. That doesn't seem to fair to me.

Just an example: A friend of mine's house was trashed during the night. The police came do the door and knocked it down (because he wasn't fast enough down to the door to open it for him) and they started searching his house for stuff. So, finally he gets downstairs and he's like "WTF are you doing in my house!?" and they're like "We're looking for stuff from (insert name here)'s house." My friend was in shock; "Well, that's the guy next door!!" So, the police trashed his house on a hunch....and they get the wrong house. Thank you Patriot Act for your warrant-less search and seizure. There's a reason we have the warrant system - to prevent stupid things like that from happening.
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Honestly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Lee, you and I both know that probable cause is different than saying "Oh, I think he's a terrorist, so let's search his house." - because that's how the Patriot Act works when it comes to search and seizure. If I'm a FBI agent, and I think you're a terrorist, I can search your house and use whatever I find (hell, it doesn't even have to be specific like a real warrant) in a criminal case against you. Then, I'm "supposed" to go back and get a warrant up to 90 days afterwards. That doesn't seem to fair to me.

Just an example: A friend of mine's house was trashed during the night. The police came do the door and knocked it down (because he wasn't fast enough down to the door to open it for him) and they started searching his house for stuff. So, finally he gets downstairs and he's like "WTF are you doing in my house!?" and they're like "We're looking for stuff from (insert name here)'s house." My friend was in shock; "Well, that's the guy next door!!" So, the police trashed his house on a hunch....and they get the wrong house. Thank you Patriot Act for your warrant-less search and seizure. There's a reason we have the warrant system - to prevent stupid things like that from happening.
I will tell you honestly that I have read the Patriot Act and cannot tell much by reading it. Now if I had a complete set of law books so I could actually see which code as been changed, modified, expanded etc----I might be able to tell something. Until then I am dependent on someone elses educated and unbiased explanation of the net effect of the changes. Cases like you just cited happened many times before passage of the Patriot Act, so I am not sure of the relevance of your example.

So, I guess the bottom line is that I won't get into any lengthy argument of the Act since I am not the expert on it. One thing that is clear by reading the Act is the provision that legally lets information be passed amongst Law Enforcement and Intelligence Agencies which was definitely a problem in the past----even in relation to 9/11. That is definitely one provision that I agree with and think the wall that existed prior to the Act impeded investigations to preclude catastrophic events such as 9/11. It is very interesting to note that one of the attorneys that interpreted the wall policy procedures and wrote the policy guidance during the Clinton years---actually sat on the 9/11 Commission. Talk about fox in the hen house.

Lee
Old 08-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX94
The concept is that you Danny, are a terrorist sympathizer. You believe in the use of terror (mass murder) as a way to blackmail other countries. You come on this board with your anit-US crap, and by your statement above you think it's reasonable for some Indonesian mental patient to kill Americans.

Gee, you must really be sad that your sentimental Muslim pals in England got caught before they could murder a few thousand US citizens -- some of whom may have been related to members on this forum.

But the really sad thing is that every member on this forum would love to see the loss of life in Lebanon end today. But you think it's more important for the Hizbollah to keep this circus going rather than face the humiliation of returning the hostages and disarming.

You're mad that the US won't step in again and rescue the Hizbollah. Well, after the 241 marines were killed, the 3,000 plus of 9/11, and much more the US has about had it.

I guess this is what OBL wanted -- make this a Muslim vs the world thing -- instead of what it really is -- a bunch of homicidal maniacs bent on enslaving all Muslims in a kind of fascist, pseudo-religious, anti-women, prison.

You just better hope that the Muslim terrorists don't create anit-Muslim terrorists.

In closing, I hope the killing stops. I think Lebanese and Israeli deaths are equally saddening. And please take your anti-US, pro-terrorists crap to another web site.
You are a major ignorant to all facts, you are not objective in your thinking and you are dumb in politics (frankly speaking).

And if you are literate enough to read what I said about the marines and 9/11 you would know what I am talking about. You can check again my statements in all posts if you want, but for you and the other old timer I say for the last time:

- Hizbullah did a mistake by killing the marines, I never agreed to that.

- Hizbullah has nothing to do with 9/11, Al Quaeda did (and Al Quaeda was in fact against Hizbullah and threatened many times it will kill its leader Hasan Nasrallah because he doesn't want to invade Israel and wipe out the Jews as he used to say in the mid 80's)

- I said if Iran wants to nuke Israel, the US must do some action about it because the Iranians may fulfill what they are saying.

- I am against what the terrorists were doing in UK, and I was relieved that UK caught them just in time. In the end, I am Christian and I sympathise with Christian countries in the first place before any muslim, especially muslim terrorist like Al Quaeda.

- Hizbullah are fighting a freedom war against Israel. Hizbullah are not bombing themsleves into Jews, unlike Al Quaeda is doing. And newsflash my boy, Al Quaeda are Sunnis and Hizbullah's are Shiites, Sunnis and Shiites are killing each other in Iraq.

I am not with Al Quaeda, neither Iran, and not with any Muslim. If Hizbullah were Christians, I would take their side for the sole purpose they are defending my country and sustaining heavy damage to israelis.

If you are not man enough to face real political facts, you should stick with "not-exactly SVX" excluding the political freedom.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Remember this post by Danny???
It was pretty early on and indicates his true feelings:

"(this is inside info guys, I have a few friends in the resistance ),

Interested in a job that pays well but it is very risky at the moment and you can loose your
life??? "

That did it for me as far as Danny is concerned.

Lee
If you were a good reader you will remember this Mroldtimerwhowastedhislifeinvain:

Quote:
An important note I should mention: The US, Europe and all the world is requesting the destruction of Hizbullah. The latter cannot be terminated, because all Shiites are Hizbullah or Amal. For the Jews to destroy them, they should destroy 1.5 million muslim (men, women and kids) in Lebanon.
It's not like we are living in states here, one Sunni state, one Shiite state and one Christian state, it is normal to have Shiite friends....

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:

Lee
I think I said that I worked for a cell phone company in Lebanon (one of only existing two). It is very natural to meet new people from Lebanon and all over the world. It is very natural to meet Shiites who turn out to be working for Hizbullah... as I stated in my previous post.

As you guys divide yourself between Black/White in the States, our division became now Lebanese Forces/Tayyar el Watani/Future/Hizbullah/Amal/Ichtirakis... etc...

This is our way of life

Old 08-14-2006, 07:17 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
- Hizbullah are fighting a freedom war against Israel. Hizbullah are not bombing themsleves into Jews, unlike Al Quaeda is doing. And newsflash my boy, Al Quaeda are Sunnis and Hizbullah's are Shiites, Sunnis and Shiites are killing each other in Iraq.
Too bad Hezbollah is nothing but a bunch of terrorists with funding from Iran.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
I love how before 9/11 the word terrorist was reserved for someone trying to cause terror, not for someone defending themselves(even if they started it). Now the word terrorist and terrorism is being thrown around like it is nothing. The fact that before 9/11 I could watch CNN and never hear that word in a day, and then one year after 9/11 I could count it being said over 200 times speaks volumes to me. Our media has done a wonderful job brainwashing folks into making another Witch Trials. Don't like what a country is doing to defend themselves? Are they resisting forced change? OBVIOUSLY, they are terrorists and for world peace we need to kill them.

Over the years we have given Israel more money than ANY other country, in the year 2005 alone we gave over 2.2 billion dollars to them. Do we want them to win, of course we do, we have time and money invested there. Do I agree with Hezbollah and the way they have conducted themselves in the past? No. Do I agree with what Israel is doing? A resounding no. In this case I am forced to choose the lesser of two evils, I would be with Danny on this one and support the "terrorists" at least until the conflict was over. Both sides have EQUAL power in ending the war as well. So stop with the bull**** that Hezbollah started it, you sound like your three. At the point when people started dying it no longer mattered WHO started it, just that it started.

And before you go and label me as anti-US and a terrorist/terrorist supporter...know this: I am already classified as such by the government since I have volunteered in the past to help Food Not Bombs. Food Not Bombs is considered to be a terrorist orginization despite the fact that nowadays we do little more than feed the homeless 2 days a week. *shrugs* Sounds like a staunch case of terrorism to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: