Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:42 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221
Make a bunch of the grilles and I guarantee you they will sell fast here
I don't think it'd look all that good on a stock (or moderately modified) svx. It works good on his car though. It's pretty similar to the smallcar grill actually.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 06-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil
much better then before.
Agree x billionty.

Looks like an Impreza, only more badasser.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Danny,
I think you do a good job with fiberglass and are trying to make your vision come true, keep up the good work, whether people like what you do or not (and I don't like some of it) your work is good, and deserves compliments!

You did a good job on the hood work, it's not really to my taste (but growing on me), reminds me of either (or both) a pontiac trans-am or grand prix

I don't like the "eye-lids" on the headlights, but I don't like "eye-lids" on 99.9% of cars, so to each his own

The bumper/front clip looks great but seems a little thick/wide in comparison to the lines of the rest of the nose/hood, this may just be the angle of the photo's though and again the "eye-lids" narrow out the headlights so that might make the bumper look fatter then it actually is. Curious, are there fog lights under those covers at the moment? Or something planed for those slots in the future??

The front grille looks awsome!!! Great job modifying it, flows nicely with the hood and clear lights!

I also love the side skirts, they also flow well with the lines of the car and make the side look a little more agressive.

Still hate the wing height (not sure about the style either), but will be interesting to see what you do with it in the following month(s)
Any other plans for the rear of the car?? Or planing on keeping it the way it is (other then the wing height)??
Concerning the hood, as i mentioned before, it got screwed up with the engine heat first becasue i didn't install a heat insulator at first and then it is very thin (along with the metal grill on it weighs 7 Kilograms or 15 pounds), i will redo it again, but not now..
The Grille you liked could never have been appreciated without the Vynil eye-lid extensions which "complete" its form.
the Beamlight covers are of the impreza and in there i can fit the original Impreza foglights without any difficulty...
Concerning the side skirts, well i widened them around an inch in the front in order to flow with the front and rear bumper. (now they are 100% exact)
I will keep the back of the car as it is because i am verrrry satisfied with the way it looks first and then with the ultra lightweight i was able to achieve with it (no more than 18 lbs)...
the only thing i am gonna remodify is the rear spoiler height...

Thank you for your comment

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Damn.... You have wayyyyy too much time on your hands man

Very aggressive look to the car... Just not for me Sorry... Definitly VERY interesting and must have taken you a really long time to do.... So from a diffrent viewpoint, congrats on the outragous new look man
you should see the girls, they are like and and and then --------> ? is that guy driving it? you know the rest...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Noooo, no one can get anything from Dan, unless I get anything first.... , am i right DAN??.... (j/k)
mmm, Pavan is right, I owe the success of my mods to Pavan who was helping me get all the stuff i need from the U.S. , Seriously, without him, many of those mods couldn't have happened... thanks buddy

Old 06-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221
Make a bunch of the grilles and I guarantee you they will sell fast here
mmm, let me try to make a mold for my grille make one and let's see how it turn out. deal? just give me little time for it...

Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
I don't think it'd look all that good on a stock (or moderately modified) svx. It works good on his car though. It's pretty similar to the smallcar grill actually.
NO

Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
mmm, Pavan is right, I owe the success of my mods to Pavan who was helping me get all the stuff i need from the U.S. , Seriously, without him, many of those mods couldn't have happened... thanks buddy
Hey Dan, did u forget, no THANKS between friends. Thanks is only between 2 strangers.

_pavan.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hey Dan, did u forget, no THANKS between friends. Thanks is only between 2 strangers.

_pavan.
Damn, you got me there!!

Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Well hands down you did an awsome job. I really like the fact that u lost the vynil(spelling?). i think the car flows with all of ur mods, it is not confused anymore. To be completely honest with u, I think you should lose the aluminum spoiler and pick up one of dayle's carbon fiber JDM style spoilers. They look much nicer. All in all it looks frickin sweet!! BTW I may just be starting on the trunk project we spoke of, I have found a lid and spoiler, I will let u know how it works... I beileive both parts are made of fiberglass so a resine based bond should work great

Tom
Old 06-17-2005, 09:08 AM
ThetaReactor

I want your grill. Badly.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Well hands down you did an awsome job. I really like the fact that u lost the vynil(spelling?). i think the car flows with all of ur mods, it is not confused anymore. To be completely honest with u, I think you should lose the aluminum spoiler and pick up one of dayle's carbon fiber JDM style spoilers. They look much nicer. All in all it looks frickin sweet!! BTW I may just be starting on the trunk project we spoke of, I have found a lid and spoiler, I will let u know how it works... I beileive both parts are made of fiberglass so a resine based bond should work great

Tom
My spoiler is not made of aluminum.... it is light plastic! somehow near the carbon fiber spoilers you see at Dave's... i will lower it like a 1.5 inch or so but not more..
And a piece of advice, i highly recommend you use the lid only to do your mods (because it is made of fiberglass), and I think the spoiler is plastic... So for any help PM me. I will tell you how to make it.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Thumbs up

Danny, I love the new bumper! What a fantastic idea to take the original waterfall grill and cut and fill it. I can't believe I did not think of something so obvious and simple. The hood looks nice too. I will admit that the venting on it made me leary at first but it's definitely growing on me. You do Fantastic work!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:23 PM
THAWA

You are a great fiberglasser. I don't care much for the product, but the quality is very good. Good job.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarJohnny
Danny, I love the new bumper! What a fantastic idea to take the original waterfall grill and cut and fill it. I can't believe I did not think of something so obvious and simple. The hood looks nice too. I will admit that the venting on it made me leary at first but it's definitely growing on me. You do Fantastic work!
Thank you Johnny, great to hear also that you liked it, at first i also didn't think of the waterfall grill be modified, a friend gave me that idea.
I took the idea of the Hood from the orange supra in the movie:The Fast and the Furious and modified it to make the hood look like it is now.