Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Just remembered, I tried to make a definitions file for the 97s, but whatever format excel saves it in couldn't be opened by the ecutuner program. I have attached it, see if you can get it in the right format, then it should be good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OBD2 definitions.zip (46.2 KB, 404 views)
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 11-18-2012, 06:12 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

For OBDI only or OBDII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
It's time for a holiday special. Our SALE items this year are the Select Monitor Interface and the Stage1av1. We've made them a package deal. You can get a Stage1av1 with a Select Monitor Interface for $245. That's a savings of $53 and a whole lot of goodness for an SVX that hasn't yet gotten the love and affection and ECUtune products it needs.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

OBD1, there is no such thing as a chip for the obd2 cars and icing and husky are experimenting to see if they can make the ecutuner work for obd2 cars but it is designed for the and the definitions files are for the obd1 cars. A full explanation of what the ecutuner software and interface are is available at the begining of this thread or on the ecutune website at: http://www.ecutune.com/ECUtuner.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoobCrazy View Post
For OBDI only or OBDII?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Just some dude.

In Excel do Save as and in the Save as type drop down select Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Just remembered, I tried to make a definitions file for the 97s, but whatever format excel saves it in couldn't be opened by the ecutuner program. I have attached it, see if you can get it in the right format, then it should be good to go.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
In Excel do Save as and in the Save as type drop down select Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls)
That was what I did first time around.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Just some dude.

And what happens when you try to load it? I looked at your file and noticed it has some blank cells for parameter addresses; I don't remember how I coded the reading in of parameters but I most likely didn't allow for that.

I assume you started with one of my definitions files so when you opened it excel should automatically go into compatability mode. Does it say [compatability mode] in the title bar when you have the file open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
That was what I did first time around.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
And what happens when you try to load it? I looked at your file and noticed it has some blank cells for parameter addresses; I don't remember how I coded the reading in of parameters but I most likely didn't allow for that.

I assume you started with one of my definitions files so when you opened it excel should automatically go into compatability mode. Does it say [compatability mode] in the title bar when you have the file open?
I did try it again without the blank cells, and it was in compatibility mode. When modifying the definitions file in the ecutuner program, it worked, and read the correct information from the correct addresses but it couldn't save it either.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Just some dude.

Well that's NEWS. Do the obd2 cars have a select monitor plug? How are you wired up? If you could download the firmware off it and email it to me I'd appreciate it and I'll post info so you can start changing things on it.

It's just the parameter addresses you changed right? I'll make a definitions file for you soon. I don't have office 2003 installed anymore but I can save excel files on my copy of the ecutuner ap. I'll also try to republish the ecutuner ap with the license for the excel export functionality corectly compiled into the executable.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Well that's NEWS. Do the obd2 cars have a select monitor plug? How are you wired up? If you could download the firmware off it and email it to me I'd appreciate it and I'll post info so you can start changing things on it.

It's just the parameter addresses you changed right? I'll make a definitions file for you soon. I don't have office 2003 installed anymore but I can save excel files on my copy of the ecutuner ap. I'll also try to republish the ecutuner ap with the license for the excel export functionality corectly compiled into the executable.
Sure, I'll get to work on the firmware when I get a chance. My brother is borrowing that car temporarily until he gets a new one. They have a SSM plug just like the earlier ones. Plugged right in. If we could get to flashing these like the OBD 1 ones that would be great. Can you figure out where all the other stuff is stored on it? And yea I just changed the parameter addresses to the ones I got from husky.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Just some dude.

My guess is you will find the write command works for all areas of memory on the obd2 car so we'll be able to flash your ecu using the ECUtuner ap. I'll be able to tell you where the important stuff is the same day you email me the bin of the firmware.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Just some dude.

A reminder.....I haven't put it on the website yet but we have a holiday sale going on.....

Select monitor interface + Stage1av1 for a package price of $245.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:57 AM

How about for christmas a special on both the ecu and trans computer?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

..Or a special on just the cable for those of us that already have both the ECU and TCU units.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Just some dude.

Alright, on the ECU chip performance TCU combo I will do a $20 refund.

I can't really afford to discount select monitor harnesses on their own but I'll give a $5 refund on them so nobody feels left out.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
My guess is you will find the write command works for all areas of memory on the obd2 car so we'll be able to flash your ecu using the ECUtuner ap. I'll be able to tell you where the important stuff is the same day you email me the bin of the firmware.
I have the car tonight, so I can try and do this. Any chance we can get this to work with the TCU as well? How would I go about trying it out?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: