Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: SVX LED Taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Personally when it's time to do my personal set I'll be using tinted/smoked rockblocker on them anyways. But yeah I've followed Chris's car several times with his GC's LED conversion. It's bright but just below the too bright mark. I certainly know I won't have people not noticing when I'm backing up that's for sure!
+1 i'm going to be smoking mine as well. I don't care if they're bright as hell.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Yeah I'm extremely anxious to see the hi-res pics.. I think I want.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-04-2010, 12:47 PM

Here's a pic of what the center parking/brake light will look like next to the outer parking/brake light.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Nice.

Will both get bright for brake, or just the outboard fixture?

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 PM

Yep, both are dual action parking/brake lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Nice.

Will both get bright for brake, or just the outboard fixture?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

Are these kits ready to be shipped now? What does the kit include? What is involved on our end? thanks, chris
Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 PM

I'm waiting for my mock up taillight set to come to my door so I can make the LED modules fit very nicely.

This LED taillight kit includes includes all the LED modules you need to convert your parking/brake lights, reverse lights, and turn signals to LED.

I will be making a document soon, giving you fully detailed instructions on how to take apart your taillights, prep the taillights, install and secure the LED taillight modules, and put the taillights back together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 View Post
Are these kits ready to be shipped now? What does the kit include? What is involved on our end? thanks, chris
Old 02-04-2010, 09:20 PM

Registered SVX

Are all of the LED's white in color and just use the lens for color or are they red for stop/brake and amber for turn?
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 PM

Registered SVX

This project looks very cool. Any idea on pricing yet?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by apkarian100 View Post
I'm waiting for my mock up taillight set to come to my door so I can make the LED modules fit very nicely.

This LED taillight kit includes includes all the LED modules you need to convert your parking/brake lights, reverse lights, and turn signals to LED.

I will be making a document soon, giving you fully detailed instructions on how to take apart your taillights, prep the taillights, install and secure the LED taillight modules, and put the taillights back together.
Once you get the mock up taillight set... do you plan on lighting up the center of the tailbar (inbetween the reverse lights)... I know a few of us would atleast like that as an option if were going to get this kit

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 02-05-2010, 05:34 AM

No, the parking/brake lights have red LEDs, the turn signals have yellow LEDs, and the reverse lights have white LEDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash View Post
Are all of the LED's white in color and just use the lens for color or are they red for stop/brake and amber for turn?
I plan on selling the DIY kit for $500 shipped
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
This project looks very cool. Any idea on pricing yet?
I wish I could, but there is no space to put LEDs. In the middle the lens sits right up next to the housing, with no room to put anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm484 View Post
Once you get the mock up taillight set... do you plan on lighting up the center of the tailbar (inbetween the reverse lights)... I know a few of us would atleast like that as an option if were going to get this kit
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 AM

Registered SVX

Wow, bit spendy for a DIY kit, but might be well worth it. Unfortunately it will leave me out of it for some time as I have many other things that I need to do before I could justify spending that.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Wow, bit spendy for a DIY kit, but might be well worth it. Unfortunately it will leave me out of it for some time as I have many other things that I need to do before I could justify spending that.
Same here, but it is definitely something I would be interested in in the future. Can't wait to see them installed!

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 02-06-2010, 12:53 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coan View Post
Same here, but it is definitely something I would be interested in in the future. Can't wait to see them installed!
What do you mean wait to see installed? Didn't you see the vids and pics of them on my Bordeaux? I just need to get my spare tails for my own set to get done. Those were the prototypes and thusly MacGyver's set not mine.
Chris do you want to just borrow the whole deck lid once I get the wingless trunk? That way you know exactly what's where for the finalized wiring on the kits.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 AM

I don't know if I'll have space for it at my house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Chris do you want to just borrow the whole deck lid once I get the wingless trunk? That way you know exactly what's where for the finalized wiring on the kits.