Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-13-2003, 11:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Network Shenenigans

This is about the 3rd weekend in a row that the Network site connection is giving me grief. Right now I am at work. I had to log in as "not Larry 3rd" and get a new number for a password. Under this name and password, I can only read messages but it won't let me respond. Fri. Night was the same thing at home, but I managed to relogin and got a new password. . I don't know what's happening to the site, but I'm getting a bit ticked. I am now logged in again as Larry III. I guess the machine just doesn't like me. OR....
The old Message 40 Gremlin from Yahoo has found me on the Network site and has cobbled up all my cookies.

Chris, Colin, are you guys doing something to the site?
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 01-13-2003, 11:42 AM
FifthElement

Sometimes it's the Indian and not the bow.

I have never experienced a single problem.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:51 AM
sith

Larry - I'm really not sure what's causing you troubles. Nothing has changed on the server end, and I haven't heard of other troubles. I'll ponder it a bit - has anyone else had troubles?
Old 01-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Larry,

I am beginning to wonder if something else that your computer runs is upsetting your SVX cookies. Do I remember correctly that you have two computers, One at work and one at home that both do this?

Is there a particular web site that you remember going to before the SVX problems happen? Like an online banking site, credit card account site, other bulletin board, etc. that may be affecting your cookies or security settings.

If you have no problems for several days or weeks, then problems come back, chances are whatever you accessed between the last successful SVX network visit and the problem one are what we should be looking at.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 01-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

It must be something else, i have never had a problem. But what has been bugging me lately is 4 days of getting popups here...
Old 01-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hi Larry,

Your post count must be going up to fast and RJ is worried.

If it's a computer conflict, try logging out when you get off the machine.

John
Old 01-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Pop ups

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
It must be something else, i have never had a problem. But what has been bugging me lately is 4 days of getting popups here...
I had that problem a month or so ago.... I then started running ad-aware... I don't have the site for the download here at work.
The problems is not with this site.. (I get no pop-ups) it is with a cookie that you have had placed in your cookie bin..... I will post the Ad Aware site when I get home... (if nobody posts it sooner)..

Good luck

.. and LarryIII... I've not had problems with my log in but everyonce in a while the messages don't show read even though I've read them once or twice......
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 01-13-2003, 01:08 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
That was happening to me after I took on HotBar. I usually use PopUpStopper anyway, but I don't have it loading at boot up. I liked HotBar, but didn't like their cookies. I used AdAware to get shed of it and haven't had any problems since. More and more sites are having to use popups to survive. I hope (and pray) that never happens to us.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 01-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
I have a rule

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

That was happening to me after I took on HotBar. I usually use PopUpStopper anyway, but I don't have it loading at boot up. I liked HotBar, but didn't like their cookies. I used AdAware to get shed of it and haven't had any problems since. More and more sites are having to use popups to survive. I hope (and pray) that never happens to us.

I actually keep track of the companies that use Pop-ups... and I won't use that company........ How about a grass roots movement to make it NOT worth their while to put the pop up in.... I also will not use a company that tele-markets me.....
Old 01-13-2003, 01:23 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: I have a rule

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

I actually keep track of the companies that use Pop-ups... and I won't use that company........ How about a grass roots movement to make it NOT worth their while to put the pop up in.... I also will not use a company that tele-markets me.....
Sounds like a plan. Post your list in another thread and maybe we can keep it updated.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 01-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Member #447

Registered SVX
Re: Re: I have a rule

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

Sounds like a plan. Post your list in another thread and maybe we can keep it updated.
I'm sure you don't want a list of all of them... I KNOW you would never visit some of the sites that I pick the pop-ups from ... But.. Netflix is #1........right now! Classmates is #2..... and ADV Adult net...... for some reason won't let me alone!!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Hey Larry you planing on getting rid of SVXY if you get the other car? I may be interested if you do...
Old 01-21-2003, 08:11 PM
LagunaChris

LavaSoft makes Ad-awarehttp://www.lavasoft.nu/

For those of you with broadband...if you don't already have any kind of security...you would be surprised at how many don't. The free version of Zonealarm is the best thing out there for the price.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

Last edited by LagunaChris; 01-21-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Ad-Aware is good except I have known it to break systems and it is in serious need of an update.

For those on dial-up - don't bother with a firewall. Also anyone not familiar with firewall software like Zonealarm should stay away from them unless they like to see the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error in Internet Explorer.

ZoneAlarm - "msimn.exe is trying to access the Internet do you want to allow this?"

User - "yes?"

User - "how come I can't get my e-mail?"
Old 01-21-2003, 09:50 PM

I like CookieCop from PC magazine, free, pretty easy to set up and define who you will accept cookies from (like this forum), plus it blocks pop-ups all in one.

for cable/dsl users, why not just buy a router with NAT and put it between the connection and your machine. They're down to about $50 around here. while not perfect, haven't had a hit in a couple of years using cable now.

back on topic, I've never had an issue with logging in...of course not sure I remember my password now since I haven't had to log in for a long time by retaining the cookie. I have once or twice logged in from work (don't like to do that, couldn't wait to see if somebody answered a question), and never had a login problem between the two machines.