Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2001, 01:11 PM
hk64

power light

My 92 SVX has a power light blink for 16 times whenever I turn on. I have follow the steps and to check and it blinks about 5 times. What does that means or can I go to the dealer to ask them to reset for me?
Old 07-03-2001, 02:09 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
The "Power" light indicates transmission codes. The following self diagnosis will show any fault codes for the transmission.

To perform the self diag test for EXISTING problems
1) Warm up engine by driving at speeds greater than 12mph.
2) Stop vehicle and turn ignition switch OFF.
3) Turn ignition switch ON and make sure POWER indicator lamp comes on.
4) Turn ignition switch OFF.
5) Move selector lever to D and turn manual switch ON.
6) Turn ignition switch ON.
7) Move selector lever to "3" and turn manual switch OFF.
8) Move selector level to "2" and turn manual switch ON.
9) Move selector lever to "1" and turn manual switch OFF.
10) Partially depress accelerator pedal (to turn idle switch off).
11) Check code as displayed on POWER light. Blinking once every 1/4sec is normal.

To perform the self diag test for PREVIOUS problems
1) Warm up engine by driving at speeds greater than 12mph.
2) Stop vehicle and turn ignition switch OFF.
3) Turn ignition switch ON and make sure POWER indicator lamp comes on.
4) Turn ignition switch OFF.
5) Move selector lever to "1" and turn manual switch ON.
6) Turn ignition switch ON.
7) Move selector lever to "2" and turn manual switch OFF.
8) Move selector lever to "3" and turn manual switch ON.
9) Move selector lever to "D" and trun manual switch OFF.
10) Partially depress accelerator pedal (to turn idle switch off).
11) Check code as displayed on POWER light. Blinking once every 1/4sec is normal.

Trouble codes:
11 Duty solenoid A
12 Duty solenoid B
13 Shift solenoid 3
14 Shift solenoid 2
15 Shift solenoid 1
21 ATF temp sensor
22 Atmospheric sensor
23 Engine revolution signal
24 Duty solenoid C
25 Engine torque control signal
31 Throttle sensor
32 Vehicle speed sensor 1
33 Vehicle speed sensor 2

----------------------
Long ones are counted as 10 and shot ones are counted as 1s
hope that helps.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-03-2001, 05:10 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Question Newbies...

I realize that maybe these new guys don't know that these questions have been asked a billion times, but is there some way that on entering the site inBOLD letters that could point them to the answers?

You guys are great about answering the questions, but even you are probably going to get burned out on doing it.

Just a thought, and probably in the new people's anxiousness to get on and involved they wouldn't even look.

Oh well, doesn't bother me. I see you guys must have them on file and just upload them or something, but even that must at times seem bothersome.
Old 07-03-2001, 06:30 PM
zsvx

Re: Newbies...

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000
I realize that maybe these new guys don't know that these questions have been asked a billion times, but is there some way that on entering the site inBOLD letters that could point them to the answers?

You guys are great about answering the questions, but even you are probably going to get burned out on doing it.

Just a thought, and probably in the new people's anxiousness to get on and involved they wouldn't even look.

Oh well, doesn't bother me. I see you guys must have them on file and just upload them or something, but even that must at times seem bothersome.
At one point I thought there was a link to the SVX FAQ up in the corner but I'm not sure what happened to it.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:06 PM
sith

At some point we're going to get together a new FAQ on this site. The one that had been there was just a mirror of the existing FAQ, and it turns out thats a "no-no".
Old 07-03-2001, 07:20 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by sith
At some point we're going to get together a new FAQ on this site. The one that had been there was just a mirror of the existing FAQ, and it turns out thats a "no-no".

Sith, I want to applaud your efforts on this site, it's awesome. And I certainly wouldn't want to ask for more. But it seems to me that a "doorway" or something could be used when a new member joins? He may bypass it anyways, but at least then he'd know there are many topics that he could look at first, perhaps a listing of them? When (and this is ancient technology), I ran my BBS, I'd ask prospective members questions...as in which language would you like the messages to be in?

If this couldn't be done easily, like over a cold beer on a hot day, then just ignore the question...
Old 07-03-2001, 07:44 PM
sith

What I did for now is add the following bit to the confirmation email that gets sent to new users. I figure thats a good place to put it, since you have to read that email to get access to the ability to post on the boards.

----------------------------------------------

Thank you for registering for the Subaru SVX "Network" forums. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration!

First, here's a bit of info about the SVX Network. We're happy to have you involved in the group, and hope you will post an introduction so we can get to know you. To get started, follow the directions in this email and you'll be ready to begin browsing our forums. If you want to post a new message, just click the "New Thread" button inside a forum.

Our members are happy to answer questions, but we encourage you to do a bit of looking on your own before you post. The first step is to check the SVX Faq. We're in the process of developing a new FAQ, but for now you can go to <a href="http://my.voyager.net/tmclane/">http://my.voyager.net/tmclane/</a> to get some basic answers - for example, instructions on how to read error codes from your car.

From there, you can try going to the "Message Archive" link on the site. This will allow you to search our archive of over 60,000 SVX related messages. Chances are, if you've had a problem, so has somebody else.

If you don't find your answer in the existing archives, go ahead and post on the boards - even if we dont know the answer, we'll try to point you to someone that does.

You should also keep in mind that although we try to post as accurate info as is possible, there may be circumstances where your mileage (literally and figuratively) may vary. Because of this, the members of the board, and the board operators themselves, can't take legal responsibility for the content of the posts. If you're not sure about something, check another source before you do anything potentially dangerous.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and once again, welcome to the SVX Network!

------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on that guys?
Old 07-03-2001, 07:44 PM

As soon as I get my Mother Board back for my server, I will run my site again and I will get all the Q&A setup and how-tos. Sounds good. 4th of July seems like something I can waste my time on.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 07-03-2001, 08:40 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
The lack of an FAQ has been my fault. I have offered to compile one (freee from "personal opinion" by the way), but have not had the time to do it the way I want.

I not only want to add links to things like the tranny codes and such (which I have stored in different "lockers" in other sites), but links to pics and such of resistor mod, wiring mod (a link to svxcess' pics). To the "bead crush" mod (kvnobrien has some great pics). I'm in process of compiling all the links, but, like I said, I want it done right. I also want eddycat to look over the content before it's posted, to set straight any errors. So, it's coming.

Meanwhile, I don't mind cutting and pasting for the newbies. Seraphin, of course, beat me to this one. I don't mind passing the torch, though. Seraphim, do you want the o-ring fix?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-03-2001, 10:32 PM

Randy,
I hate to use MS based OS as a server. I can put my mirror of my old site up on this one. Randy, as a web programmer, let me give you a tip. You do not want to link images from another site. That is a cause for rotten links. Anyways, if you want to compile something, please feel free to do it. I can give you server space and some time to help you out. The final product can be put on "the net" site as a FAQ link -or- a read me 1st link.
What do you think?

Lwin

Old 07-03-2001, 10:36 PM
Lowered SVX

come on guys......

we have to be patient with new members. plus some people do not have the time to get on the site and research. maybe this guy gets on every now and then drops a post and then a couple of days later checks for suggestions.

i think we will all agree that the answers to some questions has changed and/or evolved even since this site began. sometimes hearing an old question is an opportunity to get some new input.

i dont know i just think it is a bad idea to discourage anyone from asking questions even if it has been asked a million times. hell it keeps those of us that do know sharp.

just my .02, happy posting! : )

p.s. eddy, did you really think i would agree with you? relax.....relax.....just kdding my friend....you dont take your frustrations out on the cat do you??
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-03-2001, 10:45 PM
sith

I agree with you Leo that we dont want to scare people off. I changed the wording a bit, just so people are aware of the other resources that do exist.

Does this seem any better?
------------------------------------------------------------

First, here's a bit of info about the SVX Network. We're happy to have you involved in the group, and hope you will post an introduction so we can get to know you. To get started, follow the directions in this email and you'll be ready to begin browsing our forums. If you want to post a new message, just click the "New Thread" button inside a forum.

Our members are happy to answer questions, but you should also be aware of the other sources of information on the site. We're in the process of developing a new FAQ, but for now you can go to <a href="http://my.voyager.net/tmclane/">http://my.voyager.net/tmclane/</a> to get some basic answers - for example, instructions on how to read error codes from your car. We also have an archive of over 60,000 messages that you can search by clicking the "Message Archive" link on the site.

With that in mind, don't hesitate to post. We're always happy to talk about the SVX!

You should also keep in mind that although we try to post as accurate info as is possible, there may be circumstances where your mileage (literally and figuratively) may vary. Because of this, the members of the board, and the board operators themselves, can't take legal responsibility for the content of the posts. If you're not sure about something, check another source before you do anything potentially dangerous.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and once again, welcome to the SVX Network!
Old 07-03-2001, 11:05 PM
Lowered SVX

damn your good!!!

excellent work sith.....i just want people to feel comfortable, like i do. : )
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 07-04-2001, 06:52 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: damn your good!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
excellent work sith.....i just want people to feel comfortable, like i do. : )
It's not my intention to make them feel uncomfortable when they join up, (I'll handle that later ). But it does seem to me that when they first join up that there could be some kind of questionaire that asks "do you have a specific question?". At which point they could be directed to a specific part of the site that would have the answers they might need, a list of tech answers perhaps. But as I've stated before, in the real world most people don't read the directions, they just jump in and start browsing the boards and have forgotten all about the initial introduction to the site.

But as I also said before, if it isn't something easily done, then don't worry about it. Our little goup here helps out (repeatedly) more than any other bunch of folks I've seen around.
Old 07-04-2001, 10:17 AM

Re: Re: damn your good!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

in the real world most people don't read the directions, they just jump in and start browsing the boards and have forgotten all about the initial introduction to the site.
Yes. That's what I am afraid about. People do not read the stuff unless it has their name on there or something they are searching for. i hate to generalize. There is not a single manual that I have read for my computer (and i build them). If I don't read manuals, I don't expect these guys to read the intro notes either. What do you think?

Another thing is I have been posting this idea for a while. We should have a CENTRAL site with SVX information with this forum being a part of that site. This is a forum. Not a SVX site is it? No offense to anyone here. Just my 2 cents of thought

The ways I see to put the tech. Q&A would be to lock the forum up and only the forum owner to post on that site. The Forum owners have to update and change the forum as it needs though.
It will look something like this i guess:

Technical Q&A
----- Exterior Help (tires, polish, paint, debadging etc.)
----- Interior Help (cleaning, seats, visor fix etc)
----- Engine and Tranny Help (coolers, barings, differentials etc.)
----- Electrical Help (changing bulbs, alt. mod, wiring)
----- Other Help (Anything else)

The reason why I say keep the forum locked is cause people get off the topic so quickly on this forum.

my 2 cents
Lwin