Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-27-2002, 01:08 PM
$VX

Apparently LLJAY2k the dumbass from the other thread goes 150+ all the time. Hrm. We should all hang out with this guy, he's the ONLY person anybody knows about that has seen a hatchback SVX, and the ONLY one out of all of us that can go over 150.

>:\

I >HATE< morons.

- Ca$h
Old 09-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
I >HATE< morons.

- Ca$h
Yeah, I know how you feel. I find myself hard to live with, sometimes, too.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-27-2002, 05:11 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I don't think I want to go any faster though as my tires are only rated for 130mph.
The tire's rated speed means that it can last over 24 hours at that speed without failing. Thus, a quick jaunt over the rated speed is no big deal.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, I know how you feel. I find myself hard to live with, sometimes, too.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:58 PM
still in love with Hannah

Re: how fast?

130 at night after work following a Jag that was pulling on me.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 09-27-2002, 09:07 PM
deadeye95

I got mine to 127 mph on a backroad near Carlsbad, not the California one but the "Cavern" one. I was still accelerating slowly but my wipers (they were in the 'winter' position) started lifting off the windshield. That freaked me out pretty bad so I shut it down.

Also went through a cattle guard at 120 mph. Didn't know it was there when I started.....
Old 09-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Hitchhikin'

Hit 135 mph while showing a new Celica how top speed is supposed to be done. Then I saw smoke, and decided that maybe I should slow down.

I just pulled an average of 105 mph on I-5, from LA to the middle of nowhere, near Kettlemen City. Grrr, I hate how fast I can go in that car when I really want to....
Old 09-30-2002, 02:11 AM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92
Hit 135 mph while showing a new Celica how top speed is supposed to be done. Then I saw smoke, and decided that maybe I should slow down.

I just pulled an average of 105 mph on I-5, from LA to the middle of nowhere, near Kettlemen City. Grrr, I hate how fast I can go in that car when I really want to....
Smoke at 135? Did u see it in your rear view mirror? Because I can't imagine seeing it in front of me at that kinda speed...
Old 09-30-2002, 09:10 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Cool i'v got mine close to 150 MPH

i'v had my 1994 LSI up to 144 MPH.
The car did not want to go any faster.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:25 AM
$VX

126mph the other night in Platteville WI. I ran out of road, it was still accelerating. There was a right turn ahead of me so I had to slow down. The 55mph speed limit dropped down to 25mph; I was doing 84mph.

- Ca$h
Old 09-30-2002, 11:07 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX

Smoke at 135? Did u see it in your rear view mirror? Because I can't imagine seeing it in front of me at that kinda speed...
I saw it in the back, because when I first accelerated from about 95, the Celica was behind me, and I could see the smoke in the light from his headlights. Can't tell what color, but I'm guessing gray. I wasn't too sure if it was smoke immediately when I saw it, but when I got to my destination, smoke was coming out from the hood. I've been having some problems lately with smoke.. can't tell if it's engine oil leaking and burning on something hot, or tranny fluid leaking. It's only happened after I got my tranny replaced, and it was low on some engine oil and tranny fluid when I got it checked out. Topped it off, and now I'm getting smoek again. Granted, I took it on a 6-hour, 340-mile trip before it started smoking again, but I don't know. I was hitting the gas a little hard, but not WOT, when I started getting the smoke. Every time I ring out the car, I seem to get smoke now... Grr....
Old 10-01-2002, 03:20 AM

Had mine between 230-235 kmh and then the plastic bug deflectotor the PO had put on the front of the hood decided it could no longer keep up with the car and came off. It spooked me and I slowed down. I still felt the car had about another 10kmh in it and it was still running smooth. Unfortunately I sold the car before I had another chance to try top speed.

Keith
Old 10-02-2002, 11:03 AM
awdrocket92

good day all, just came back from vacation. I'm happy to see that there is finally another member in Quebec but sorry to read that he is already B.S. me for my post. Anyway, some believe it some don't. All I care is that everybody should drive safe ( as often as possible)!! MY car is a 06/91, as for mods, everything is in my locker. they probably helped to reach that speed (165). Anyway, don't try to challenge me to do it in front of you anymore 'cause the car is in pieces right now. Tranny swap and paint, it's gonna rest for winter I guess. For all I know some cars are faster and some slower. But its all too fast........

p.s. tranny and tcu for sale, post me.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:20 AM

Registered SVX
My guess is that different cars have speedometers which vary in the story they tell which again varies according to who is doing the reading. Further more we must accept than there was one hell of a tail wind blowing on some occasions.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:36 PM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
My guess is that different cars have speedometers which vary in the story they tell which again varies according to who is doing the reading. Further more we must accept than there was one hell of a tail wind blowing on some occasions.
These are electronic speedometers...i doubt theres much of, if any of, a difference. Also, i believe that some 92s came with a limiter, and others didn't. Also, the tailwind thing, maybe, but I doubt it. When I do my trip to WA in approximately 1 month, i'll do figures before the manual conversion, and after as well...i'll get the facts about this one.