IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: ScanGauge II Ultra Compact 3-in-1 Automotive Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveherman View Post
So will the cable work on obd1 cars ecu and tcu?
So will the evoscan software work on obd1?
And so does this mean u want to sell ur cable?
I bought two cables, although I'm not entirely sure I needed to. One cable has both OBD1 and OBD2 connectors on it. It can be used on either the OBD1 SVXs or the OBD2 SVXs because of that fact. It supposedly can be used on any OBD2 Subaru built from 1996-1998. Through this two headed cable (usb on the other end) most, if not all, of the software packages available are able to communicate to the ECU of either OBD1 or OBD2 cars using SSM1, assuming they support SSM1. The packages which can also communicate with the TCU can do so using SSM1.

The other cable is supposedly for OBD2 cars built after 1998. That cable can communicate using SSM2 or OBD2. What isn't clear to me is if that cable can also communicate using SSM1 on OBD2 cars built between 1996 and 1998. I am not fully aware of all the differences between the SSM1 and SSM2 protocols and signal.

The evoscan software works on both obd1 and obd2 cars communicating with either ssm1 or ssm2. What it doesn't do is talk to the TCU.

The JECScan software also works on the obd1 and obd2 cars communicating ssm1. I'm not sure about ssm2 for cars built in 1999 and later. It can talk to the TCU as well.

The FreeSSM software available online can only talk to obd2 cars communicating ssm2. I'm not sure if it can talk to the TCU as I haven't been able to get it working on my 1996.

I am not selling any of my cables at this time as I don't know if the second cable can talk SSM1 through the pins on the obd2 connector. If it can, I would be willing to sell the two-headed obd1/obd2 cable as I don't have any obd1 cars.

I have made some progress on uncovering the addresses of more ecu and tcu parameters for the obd2 cars. I will post what I have found once I get as far as I can.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything